Wrestling Thread June 1st-4th/Post Extreme Rules Discussion

The face Orton makes when after he drops the second Bollywood boy on his head 
roll.gif

Will Jinder get the " YOU DESERVE IT " chants?

Doubtable.

I don't really think he deserved it.

It's nice to see a different name at the top, but what makes him more of a grinder than say Ziggler who has been diminished in the fans eyes because of poor booking or Kofi Kingston?

Let's play a game...

Top 3 favorite turbuckle/diving moves + why?

1)Shooting Star Press - So elegant when performed correctly.
2)Spiral Tap - I mean have you seen it?
3)Elbow drop - Simple yet effective.

Go!
Oh, I always like this game.

After thinking about it, I realize I believe a lot of the super flippy ones--your Pheonix Splashes, your double rotation sentons--happen too quickly to appreciate the level of difficulty involved with what is essentially performing an Olympic style dive from a few feet in the air after a 10 minute fight.

The added impact might be worth it for smaller competitors who use the momentum in their favor, but honestly after two twirlybirds it all starts to look the same. Anyways...

3) Shooting Star- I mean, come on.

2) Elbow Drop- I like elbow drops. I loved Savage's. I dug Test's. Whatever that new girl's name is, hers is  was great. I didn't even mind CM PUNK pulling it out, I just like the damn move. Nothing says "squared circle" like an elbow drop.

1) Moonsault- Elegant in its execution as it is devastating in its delivery, the moonsault is not only emblematic of the high flying spirit of aerial aces, but of the sport of pro wrestling itself.

At once spectacularly stunning and intuitively impactful, this impossibly graceful act of total war has amazed spectators and secured championships around the world as utilized by legendary competitors in all dvisions from cult favorite cruiserweight Essa Rios to world traveled heavyweight champion Kurt Angle.

It's definitely the one I'd use...but I don't personally enjoy flying.

Also, I couldn't seriously put it on my Top list, don't wanna be a move hipster...but I always liked the straighforward body splash as an attack. Nigh impossible to **** up or to misunderstand in its effect...some big brawler (like, maybe, the new Champion?) should pull that out to spice up a power-based offense a bit.

Wait one more thing...did anybody significant ever use a diving Spear in real life? It was always in the Smackdown games but I never actually saw it in action.
So many heated fans last night. Heard "Go back to India" and "terrorist" a few times.
I always say that wrestling fans form an fairly accurate cross-section of American society outside of large cities. My theory goes into the pressures that sports fan(atics) put on high-profile leagues like the NBA and NFL to eliminate certain attitudes and actions, virtually none of which exist within the WWE fanhood.

Simply put, because sports is seen as a "lowest common denominator" interest, it tends to attract the type of people most common in a given society, and therefore the tough titty truth is that that kind of thing is 'okay' because that's how a large percentage of Americans feel...like how it's still cool to chuck a banana on the field at a black player on your favorite soccer team in some European countries.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom