Wrestling Thread June 20-26 | 6/26 Ring of Honor Best In The World iPPV 4pm ET GoFightLive.tv

What seemed so out of line other than the Ryan/Sin Cara result which WWE admitted to screwing up?

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Originally Posted by hymen man

I really think he's leaving this time.
As much as vince has been lenient on the shoot interviews lately i dont think he woulda let CM Punk outright say hes leaving right before the title match. I think Vince is just trying to screw with the internet again because of how much the rumor has been swirling around. 

Sounds plausible.

Originally Posted by theDEEK

eek.gif
eek.gif
That's some genius referencing right there. 

Seriously.

Brilliant on CM Punk's part if this is all part of a bigger storyline.

Matt Hardy stated last Sunday on Twitter that he would be receiving a few weeks off from TNA Wrestling.

.He wrote, “Between dates, injuries, & outside issues, I’m gonna have a few week off & I’m ecstatic! The Matt Hardy Movement is going into full effect!

- WWE updated the following on their website:

“Regrettably, technical difficulties occurred once more leading up to the night’s Six-Man Tag Team Match main event, when it became apparent to WWE management that text votes were again not being tabulated properly. At this time, a decision was made to turn to WWE.com’s Live Chat Poll for the official judgment. With the power still in the hands of the people, the WWE Universe selected the Elimination Match (option C) by an overwhelming 87 percent, leading to this stipulation being enacted.

ehh i dont think punk is going anywhere. he will win the title july 17 and sign a contract extension.

the internet once again outsmarts vince
laugh.gif
the least punk could have done is re worded it better
laugh.gif

and another thing how the hell did none of them 3 dudes break out of character and start laughing after truth went crazy with the jimmys?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

What seemed so out of line other than the Ryan/Sin Cara result which WWE admitted to screwing up?

I really wanted to see rhodes/ danielson with the paper bag stipulation.Sounds like one of those corny cheats codes from the old wcw thunder video game
laugh.gif

Punk winning it and ADR cashing it in sounds possible. Theyve been planning Cena vs ADR at Summerslam for a while and it wouldnt make sense for Cena to lose at that event. Maybe Rock refs and calls it cleanly for Cena. Imagine the heat ADR would get. And this way Cena doesnt get booed loudly on tv.
And yeah I think the votes were legit hence why Cara wasnt involved in the Rhodes Dibiase angle. evan Bourne tweeted it saying it would be better on ppv anyway

- John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio and Rey Mysterio vs. The Miz are advertised for the RAW live event in Stockton, California on August 7th – the weekend before WWE’s SummerSlam pay-per-view.

Had one of those bathroom brainstorming/booking sessions, lol

Invasion 2012, LOL

CM Punk should win the title at MITB and show up at a ROH show. He should continue showing up through Summerslam. He would run down the entire roster saying he's a real champion eventually bringing back some of the former ROH wrestlers that are now in WWE (Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Peter Orlov, Tyson Kidd, a newly signed KOW) showing them they're better than anyone in ROH and in the world. All the while Cena would appear on WWE TV trying to get Punk to come back since he IS the WWE and wants the title back were it deserves. The guys that have sided with Punk attack guys to set up their own feuds.

Lets say...
Bryan turns on Sin Cara
Seth Rollins turns The Miz face
KOW vs the old Nexus or Santino/Kozlov
Kidd vs Evan Bourne (because someone always refuses to join)

This all leads up to what would've been Night Of Champions, turned Night of Honor (LOL) with the fueds coming to a finale with a "re-signed" Punk vs Cena for the WWE Championship.

Of course this leaves Summerslam without a WWE Championship match which is a problem but if they could get The Rock for the event (and they really better planning on that already), I think people could let that go.

This all leads to the reveal that ROH's new tv deal was aided by WWE, sort of like WWF partnership with ECW back in the day.

It was a long bathroom break/brainstorming session! LOL

Originally Posted by hellaones

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I really wanted to see rhodes/ danielson with the paper bag stipulation.Sounds like one of those corny cheats codes from the old wcw thunder video game
laugh.gif
Vince Russo would have masturbated for days watching a paper bag on a pole match.

Smackdown Spoilers for Friday
Spoiler [+]
Smackdown opened with Teddy Long to address the World title controversy from Capitol Punishment. Long calls Christian to the ring. Christian says he deserves another title shot. Long tells him he has to earn it, so it's Kane vs. Christian to determine the new number one contender tonight.

Sin Cara defeated Ted DiBiase in a good match.

Cody Rhodes came out for his match with Daniel Bryan. Bryan came out and said that unlike what Cody thinks, looks aren't everything and showed a photo of Dusty Rhodes on the Titantron. He said Dusty may not have been the best looking guy but had charisma and was a good person, something Cody is not. DiBiase comes out when the match begins. Cody gets the win.

Johnny Curtis vignette in catering. He stands in front of a table with ketchup, mayo and mustard. He takes the first two and leaves the mustard, because he can cut it.

Backstage, Matt Striker interviews Big Show about being attacked by Mark Henry. Show says he's going to get Henry back when Henry spears him out of nowhere into the set. The referees help Show up and out as Henry walks off.

WWE Intercontinental champion Ezekiel Jackson has his first title defense, defeating Wade Barrett.

Jack Korpela interviews World champion Randy Orton. He says that Christian getting another opportunity to be the number one contender is comical but if he has to, he will defeat him again.

Backstage, Wade Barrett comes across Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel. They mock him for losing to Jackson and say they are going to go out there and do something he can't - win.

Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater defeated the Usos.

Jinder Mahal vs. Yoshi Tatsu never happened as Mahal attacked Tatsu and laid him out. Mahal cut a promo saying Great Khali is done kissing fat women and they will dominate.

Mark Henry attacked Kane to cause a DQ in Christian vs. Kane. Randy Orton came out to even things up. Teddy Long made it a tag match. Orton nailed Christian with an RKO but Henry nailed Orton with the World's Strongest Slam and pinned him, so Christian ends up with a title shot at the MITB PPV.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

- John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio and Rey Mysterio vs. The Miz are advertised for the RAW live event in Stockton, California on August 7th – the weekend before WWE’s SummerSlam pay-per-view.

sweet i might go. too bad stockton is ghetto trash land....

LOL SMH at the Smackdown spoilers.

I'll wait until after SD this week to give my opinion.

sick.gif
Stockton, CA

Smackdown
Spoiler [+]
It's as if Teddy Long hates Christian or something

4w: But they cant wrestle.
What if Christian wins the title a at MITB and the MITB winner cashes it in and wins? Lulz Shorter title reign than the 1st ha

Back
Top Bottom