Wrestling Thread June 29 - July 5 | 7/3 Smackdown - Edge/Jericho vs Punk/Hardy

laugh.gif
FCW is going to have no one left now.

Tyler Reks/Zack Ryder fued could be interesting. West coast vs. East coast
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

I like how they just edited that highlight and had Cole say "RKO" when he really said a running bulldog off the top rope.
laugh.gif

Ha, Kozlov looking like Fedor Emelianenko now with the Sambo outfit.

And was Christian talking about himself and the tag team titles?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

This is the most racist show I've seen in years. Wow.
You got that right.

You got racist opening segment. The fake chris tucker, who's trash on the mic. The Super pale irish guy. The surfer guy w/ the lone baby bluedreadlock
laugh.gif
. This show is a train wreck.

Originally Posted by YardFather

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Originally Posted by OvATyME316

lol actually TNA n SD has either been equal or switchin between 1 or 2 imo. i just gave 1 this week because i'm really enjoyin their main story of MEM/Samoa Joe/Foley/Sting, their tag teams, n the knockouts.
I dont get the hate for TNA, for the past 3 months they have been far superior (storyline wise) to anything WWE has put on television. They took Foley and gave him one of the best gimmicks he's had since Cactus Jack. His whole "crazy mick foley" storyline has been one of the highlights of the show.

I'm not hating on TNA. But Smackdown has it all. Great wrestling matches, storylines, character development, and even little things like production value and announcers. Everything on SD is better than Impact. Impact has some good storylines going on but they put on less actual wrestling than the one hour long ECW. Also, I can't be the only one who gets annoyed by the subpar overall presentation and camera work on Impact. The MEM is cool but it's starting to feel like the NWO to me, all old veterans in the main event picture. And TNA is FAR worse at creating new main event talent than WWE.
Your so right about that, thats why they just buried the only 2 up and comers on raw monday. You cant name 5 legit main eventers on RAW right now.Impact's knockout division has more title contenders then raw does right now
laugh.gif

This is the most racist show I've seen in years. Wow.
You got that right.

You got racist opening segment. The fake chris tucker, who's trash on the mic. The Super pale irish guy. The surfer guy w/ the lone baby blue dreadlock
laugh.gif
. This show is a train wreck.

lol and don't forget the typical Italian Guido from Long Island.

laugh.gif
Damn..looks like I missed an interesting show.

Guess I'll catch it on Youtube..

And where IS DSK anyway? Dude disappeared.
nerd.gif

I know he was having Internet connection problems a while back, but I thought everything was fine. And he would post from his Blackberry when he couldn'tget online. He must have been banned. I can't believe he doesn't have multiple names.

I know he was having Internet connection problems a while back, but I thought everything was fine. And he would post from his Blackberry when he couldn't get online. He must have been banned. I can't believe he doesn't have multiple names.
Even I've got multiple names
laugh.gif

I missed a lot of ECW today, but it sounded entertaining and I might catch it on my DVR

lol actually TNA n SD has either been equal or switchin between 1 or 2 imo. i just gave 1 this week because i'm really enjoyin their main story of MEM/Samoa Joe/Foley/Sting, their tag teams, n the knockouts.
I dont get the hate for TNA, for the past 3 months they have been far superior (storyline wise) to anything WWE has put on television. They took Foley and gave him one of the best gimmicks he's had since Cactus Jack. His whole "crazy mick foley" storyline has been one of the highlights of the show.

I'm not hating on TNA. But Smackdown has it all. Great wrestling matches, storylines, character development, and even little things like production value and announcers. Everything on SD is better than Impact. Impact has some good storylines going on but they put on less actual wrestling than the one hour long ECW. Also, I can't be the only one who gets annoyed by the subpar overall presentation and camera work on Impact. The MEM is cool but it's starting to feel like the NWO to me, all old veterans in the main event picture. And TNA is FAR worse at creating new main event talent than WWE.

You can't be serious with that last sentence. What do u call what they did to Bourne Monday? What they've been doing to Priceless/Ziggler/Miz andwhoever else i'm forgetting once they go to Raw? Man even Orton is made to look weak and he's the current champ.

You can't be serious with that last sentence. What do u call what they did to Bourne Monday? What they've been doing to Priceless/Ziggler/Miz and whoever else i'm forgetting once they go to Raw? Man even Orton is made to look weak and he's the current champ.
Yard does have a point, I've just noticed I haven't seen any new fresh faces that are Main Event status. They either bring in peoplewho've already made a name for themselves or use the same people from the previous years (e.g. Styles, Joe, Jarrett).

In WWE you atleast see there's some progress on some of the talent.

I know he was having Internet connection problems a while back, but I thought everything was fine. And he would post from his Blackberry when he couldn't get online. He must have been banned. I can't believe he doesn't have multiple names.
He's not in the country. He went to the Dominican Republic and I don't think he has been able to get on.

-- Yoshi Tatsu, is Naofumi Yamamoto, 32. He's been wrestling since 2002 and has worked for New Japan Pro Wrestling in the past. He's been under contract to WWE since September and had been working under the name Yo****atsu in Florida Championship Wrestling. In perhaps a first for a developmental talent, the Associated Press put out an article regarding his signing at the time, played up as WWE expanding its global horizons with the acquisition of a wrestler from Japan. He defeated Shelton Benjamin in his ECW debut.

-- Tonight's episode of ECW also saw the debut Abraham Washington, who debuted with his self-titled talk show, "The Abraham Washington Show." The special guests for his inaugural show were none other than the newest Divas of ECW - Nikki and Brie Bella. In a takeoff of United States President Barack Obama, he has been working in Florida Championship Wrestling as the developmental promotion's general manager, Abraham Saddam (later Obama) Washington. Washington's real name is Brian Jossie and he is a product of WWE's former developmental territory, Ohio Valley Wrestling. He was among several talents signed to developmental contracts by John Laurinaitis following a talent evaluation session last September.

-- Sheamus is Irish wrestler Sheamus O'Shaunessy. Sheamus, whose real name is Stephen Farrelly, got his start in wrestling at Larry Sharpe's Monster Factory wrestling school in 2002. He headed back overseas and worked regularly in Ireland before signing a developmental contract with WWE in April 2007. Farrelly has worked numerous dark matches and live events for the Raw brand in recent months. While in developmental, he was FCW Florida Heavyweight Champion, defeating Jake Hagar (a/k/a Jack Swagger) for the title on September 18, 2008. Sheamus beat local competitor Oliver John in his ECW debut.

-- Tonight's show also saw the debut of a dreadlocked California surfer wrestler by the name of Tyler Reks in a backstage segment with Zack Ryder. He will be making his WWE in-ring debut on this week's episode of WWE Superstars against the Long Island native. Reks, whose real name is Gabriel Tuft, is a product of Rick Bassman's Ultimate Pro Wrestling. He was signed to a developmental contract by WWE in February 2008, just a year after he started wrestling. Reks currently reigns as the Florida Heavyweight Champion, having defeated Drew McIntyre on June 11, 2009. Reks also holds another title in the FCW Florida Tag Team Championship, alongside Johnny Curtis.

Originally Posted by Mister916

You can't be serious with that last sentence. What do u call what they did to Bourne Monday? What they've been doing to Priceless/Ziggler/Miz and whoever else i'm forgetting once they go to Raw? Man even Orton is made to look weak and he's the current champ.
Yard does have a point, I've just noticed I haven't seen any new fresh faces that are Main Event status. They either bring in people who've already made a name for themselves or use the same people from the previous years (e.g. Styles, Joe, Jarrett).

In WWE you atleast see there's some progress on some of the talent.
I'll say it like this...I tend to cut TNA some slack because they are not as big as WWE they still need known names to get viewers in soI'm fine with that as long as they dont bury younger talent in the process and so far they have been doing a good job at it. WWE on the other hand has aloyal viewership where they can afford to take chances with talent moves. What would they have lost by having bourne come out last monday and beating Orton?Atleast the fans could have another rey misterio type to cheer for instead of knowing he has no shot against a hurt randy orton.

Dang, I liked ECW last night. Tiffany sucks when she announces guys' names, jeez, haha.

Superstars and Smackdown spoilers for this week.

Spoiler [+]
Superstars:

* Edge beat CM Punk when Punk again sold the eye injury and "couldn't continue". Punk was more of the heel here.

* John Morrison beat Charlie Haas.

* Zach Ryder beat Tyler Reks.

Smackdown:

* The show started with Punk saying that he was hurt at the Bash and kicked the ref by accident. He said Jeff Hardy was out of line for attacking him and he demanded an apology from him. Teddy Long came out and said that Hardy would get a rematch with Punk at Night of Champions. He also said tonight's main event would be Punk teaming with Hardy against Edge and Chris Jericho.

* Finlay beat Ricky Ortiz in a fast match.

* Dolph Ziggler and Maria were flirting backstage. Ziggler then beat R Truth.

* Vince McMahon's insanity invaded Smackdown as Kane beat Rey Mysterio with the chokeslam. So much for the revival with Chris Jericho. Great Khali came out and ran off Kane. Poor Rey.

* Jericho and Edge said that their opponents tonight will not be a challenge to them.

* Cryme Tyme beat the debuting Hart Dynasty.

* Melina won a four way match over Maria, Michelle McCool and Layla.

* Edge and Jericho beat Punk and Hardy. Good story here as Punk wouldn't tag in, selling the eye. Jeff forced him in and Punk "tried" to fight. When he went to make the take, Jeff faked his own eye injury. Edge pinned Punk with a spear.

Dark Match:

* Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio beat Edge and Jericho in a quick match.

There are said to be a number of people within Ring of Honor who are worried about the company's future.

The company announced last week that they were canceling scheduled TV tapings for HDNet on July 17 and 18, which was a decision made by HDNet since they had so much footage already taped that they were believed to be caught up through September as is. So taping ahead too far in advance could have created some big problems.

ROH itself has announced a very limited summer schedule consisting of only TV tapings and no real traditional house show type events except for shows in Toronto on July 24 and 25, although events have been announced from August through December on their website at this link. Despite this, the combination of less TV tapings, dropping PPV and less dates on the road has some very nervous.

Back
Top Bottom