Wrestling Thread Mar 9-15 | Andrew 'Test' Martin Passes Away

Discussion in 'General' started by 4wrestling, Mar 9, 2009.

1. 4wrestling

4wrestling

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last weeks Raw featured more good and bad which seems to have been the trend lately. There are only four more weeks of TV between now and WrestleMania, so theWWE really needs to step up to good to get things moving. It will be very interesting to see if any storylines are altered after the script of last week'sshow leaked (which is still one of the most unbelievable things I've ever seen happen).

First the good from last week. Two things really stand out.
    1) The main event between HHH and Randy Orton finally started to get interesting. I've hated the way Orton has been portrayed. After having such anawesome character through the Royal Rumble, he was turned into just another whiney heel. This continued last week as he came to the ring with his lawyers anddoctors. However, let's give credit where credit is due. HHH cut an great promo last week with tons of emotion to really get the ball rolling in thisfeud. Orton added the stipulation that HHH cannot put his hands on him unless physically prevoked. This has been done a million times, but I still like itbecause it is better than having the two men face each other multiple times leading up to WrestleMania. At least they didn't make them tag team partners. On Smackdown, Legacy laid out HHH, so we'll see if he is able to get revenge tonight. I'd guess he probably beats the crap out of Dibiase and Rhodeswhile Orton looks on.

2) Chris Jericho. He continues to shine. Even last week, where the segment wasn't as good as previous weeks because of Snuka's limitations on themic, Jericho still managed to create an excellent segment. Having already put down Flair, Piper, Steamboat, and Snuka, you would think it is time to finallyannounce his actual opponent for WrestleMania. My guess is still Austin, but Hogan is a very real possibility. I will cringe if Jericho is forced to job toHogan. Why anyone still roots for him is beyond me. Anyway, they may go one more week. I could see Greg Valentine getting involved since that is who TheWrestler was actually based on.

3) Shawn Michaels defeated Vladimir Kozlov to earn the opportunity to face The Undertaker at WrestleMania. No, the match wasn't good. It was pretty awfulwhich is completely expected for any Kozlov match. But the fact that they have now established the most interesting match in my opinion for WrestleMania is adefinite positive for me. I'll be looking forward to HBK vs The Undertaker more than any other match on the card.

The bad....

1) Lawler starts by announcing that we will have John Cena vs Edge tonight, and that it is one of the biggest matches in the history of the WWE. Well, ifthat's true, why isn't it happening at WrestleMania? And why is it a match we've seen 732 times? And why is Cena already getting this match whenjust the week before he said he would hunt Vickie and Edge down until he earned his opportunity. Anyway, the match was forgettable when it actually didhappen. It ended in a lame DQ which was expected. Vickie then threw the curveball that at WrestleMania we would see Edge vs The Big Show.

The were supposed to have the contract signing this past Friday on Smackdown. However, Cena interfered, and now the contract signing is tonight. I think forthe most part, everyone already expected it to become a triple threat match with Edge, Cena, and Show. However, Show spilled the beans this past week on VH1that Cena would be involved. With Vince's rage about last week's script leaking, we'll see if there are any repercussions for Show for spoilingthe Smackdown main event.

Also, for Show being involved in this match. I understand they are trying to liven up the tired feud between Edge and Cena. But does adding The Big Showreally do anything for the match? I don't think anyone sees him as having a shot at winning. He's boring in the ring, and really brings nothing tothe match. The WWE would have been much better off elevating a younger talent and including them in this match as the third man. Chances are, he would bemore entertaining than Show, and it would give him the rare shot at stardom most young wrestlers never get.

2) Money in the Bank. So far it's CM Punk, Kane, Mark Henry, Finlay, MVP, and Shelton Benjamin. This is shaping up to be the worst MITB ever. I believetwo more men will be added. My guesses are Khali and Kozlov. MVP or Shelton better win this thing.

Other than the contract signing, nothing as of yet has been announced for tonight. I'll be back later to update when we have more news.

UPDATE
    [​IMG]
    Chris Jericho vs Kofi Kingston - Money in the Bank Qualifier

This should be a good match. I would expect a legend to maybe cost Jericho the match.

[​IMG]
    Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes vs HHH

Let the burying begin. This is why young talent has such a hard time getting over in the WWE.

[​IMG]
    Melina vs Maryse - Non-Title Match

It will be an awful match. I wonder if Beth Phoenix is completely out of the picture.

2. bowzer blitz

bowzer blitz

Can't wait. Good looks for the review as always. Will be at work so DVR in motion...

3. willinc

willinc

Jericho has been gold these past few weeks. [​IMG]

I'm guessing we'll see HHH laying out Rhodes and Dibiase with his sledgehammer this week.

4. gottagitdemjs

gottagitdemjs

How long before Hogan makes an appearance on RAW to get pummeled by Jericho only to pummel Jericho in return at WM? Something about Hogan being "thelegend that finally stands up to Jericho."

5. 4wrestling

4wrestling

How great would it be if Hogan needed money so badly, that he was just another legend. He came out tonight, and got shown up by Jericho. Thennext week, it was Austin who made the save for all the legends.

6. 6 Rings G.O.A.T.

6 Rings G.O.A.T.

What is going to happen to JBL? Is he going for the I.C. Title? I kinda see him in MITB...

7. illoquent aka dsk

illoquent aka dsk

In a couple hours I'll post them...

Good review 4dub.

8. princelaparka

princelaparka

9. blackmamba08

blackmamba08

[​IMG]

I wish, that would be perfect

10. jdcurt2

jdcurt2

This is up early today, props 4W. I'm interested to see if they keep the same plans with JBL which I hope they do because the IC belt needs to start beingrespectable again.

11. sidewayze

sidewayze

The way the MITB is shapin to be, it looks like MVP is winning it this year [​IMG]

12. jdcurt2

jdcurt2

Koko B. Ware is goin to be inducted into the HOF this year [​IMG]
    Matches for Raw tonight:

Chris Jericho vs. Kofi Kingston (Money in the Bank Qualifying Match) [​IMG]

Melina vs. Maryse (non-title match)

Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase vs. Triple (Handicap Match)..... Nice prediction WILLINC [​IMG]

13. johnnyredstorm

johnnyredstorm

I like Kufi in this match but the rest of the candidates suck.

14. illoquent aka dsk

illoquent aka dsk

The last MITB qualifying match announced for ECW.

15. thacamel

thacamel

Jericho BETTER not be in MITB

16. illoquent aka dsk

illoquent aka dsk

BIG Edition of News & Notes

HHH returning to RAW? [​IMG]

17. yardfather

yardfather

[​IMG] when did this happen? Or is it a spoiler?

18. jdcurt2

jdcurt2

Backlash poster released:

[​IMG]

19. JAYxSF415

JAYxSF415 formerly chillainvillain

Man, everytime I see Vickie Guerrero I feel the need to throw up.. [​IMG]

20. tupac003

tupac003

I am so dissapointed that the main event won't be Edge VS Orton....

IMO that could have been EPIC!

I don't know why the WWE feels they have to throw a 3 way at us. I don't want to see the big slow and cena VS Edge.

HHH/Orton? LOL

25 years of WrestleMania, and this is what you give me?

Right now all I want to see is Money in the Bank. HBK/Taker could be good.

21. masterhammy23

masterhammy23

If CHristian is in MITB, I give him the win, but if it doesn't end up being him in i then my pick to win would be MVP. I think he needs a push. ForChristian MITB would allow him to go to different brands and get mcuh more exposure as a big name. If anybody else, but these two win it, or maybe Shelton,then it would be a huge mistake with a great opportunity to really get some different names in the title hunts

22. jdcurt2

jdcurt2

Kizarny Released:

The following is from WWE.com:

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Smackdown Superstar Kizarny as of today, March 19, 2009. WWE wishes Kizarny the bestin all future endeavors.

23. trueshotaura

trueshotaura Banned

rofl wrestling is so ******ed now, just reading these headlines just makes me laugh [​IMG]

24. dakid4996

dakid4996

No Jericho promo. whack

25. jcuk3tm0

jcuk3tm0

thats funny, they had all those promos for him a couple months ago and now he's gone[​IMG]