Wrestling Thread May4-10 | 5/5 ECW on Sci-Fi - NEW TIME 10PM - Christian vs Mark Henry

Hey you guys have helped me out here before does anyne know where I can find the SMackdown shirt that the SUperstars wore on draft day the all blue smack downone. Please and thank you fellas.

^^ Looking for the tv show/ppv shirt ehh? Trying to be Tommy Dreamer for Halloween later this year?

LOL jk, check the wwe.com store. If its not there then I dont think it is available for sale.

A little news and notes since I was frequenting the dirts....

Update on WWE's Announcing Situation, Dreamer, More

Date Added: May 08, 2009
Story By: Steve Carrier
- The WWE tapings at Madison Square Garden last week were sold out with just over 12,000 paid and $500,000 coming in. The morale at the show was stronger than usual as SmackDown doesn't sell out a lot of big arenas.

- There has been a lot of internal talk lately about the future of WWE's announcing teams. With Jim Ross being 57 years old and Jerry Lawler turning 60 this year, it's set that Michael Cole, Todd Grisham and Josh Matthews are the lead announcers. Vince McMahon is said to be happy with the situation because he now believes that the announcers should be colorless in the sense that they aren't the stars but the wrestlers are and there's a feeling that Ross and Lawler are stars.

- It's still not a lock that Tommy Dreamer will be leaving WWE next month as the company has offered him a new contract. If WWE sticks with the storyline they had going, Dreamer will have to win the ECW Championship before June 6th, unless they drop it altogether, or bend the rules and have him win it on June 7th at the Extreme Rules pay-per-view in New Orleans.

Released WWE Star Headed to TNA?, News on Jeff Jarrett

- In its first week out, TNA's Jeff Jarrett: King Of The Mountain four-disc DVD set managed to crack the Billboard Video Sales - Recreational Sports DVD chart. The DVD came in sixth place, which is pretty much in line with TNA's best-selling DVD releases.

- Jeremy Borash noted on his Twitter page that Elijah Burke was backstage at last night's iMPACT taping in Orlando.

Borash wrote: "Met Elijah Burke last night backstage at the iMPACT! tapings in Orlando. Nice guy..."

Following his release from World Wrestling Entertainment this past November, Burke is free to appear on national television again as his 90-day no-compete clause expired earlier in the year. No word yet if TNA plans on bringing Burke in but he had been dating Knockout SoCal Val recently.

Hacksaw Jim Duggan Rips Mickey Rourke, Sherri Wants in WWE?, More

- Sherri Shepherd of ABC's The View told OK! Magazine in a new article that she wants to train to become a professional wrestler after her positive experience working the SmackDown taping last week. "I didn't even want to leave," she said. "I was asking Vince McMahon, can I join?"

- As noted earlier, a new special edition issue of WWE Magazine has hit newsstands titled the Big Book of Wrestling. The magazine is a composition of dozens upon dozens of lists and rankings rating subjects such as the greatest champions of all-time, the most downloaded Divas photos in WWE.com history, the funniest blunders you were never meant to see, the 25 most mind-blowing finishers, the 10 worst ring outfits in WWE history, the 7 most bizarre Superstars in WWE history, the 12 most stunning moments in WWE history, and much, much more.

- Hacksaw Jim Duggan has posted a blog on his WWE Universe page and he tells a story about getting into a confrontation with Mickey Rourke during WrestleMania weekend in Houston. Duggan wrote:

"BUT, my one high spot of the night, I went up to the top floor to check on my girls and on the way back downstairs I saw three guys coming toward me in the hallway. The top floors of the hotel have security, so I figured they must be someone I knew. As we get closer, I step to the right and two of the other guys do also, but one guy takes up the whole hallway, even though he is not all that big. I don't have on my glasses, so I can't really tell who he is, but anyway, as we pass I say " you got enough room there Mack" and keep walking. The other guy stops and says "What did you say to me?" So I told him again, but with a few adjectives. He says " You don't talk to me that way" now, as I start to focus in on the guy, I can see it is Mickey Rourke. The other two guys step in and break up the war of words. But, I was disappointed to see someone like that, act like he was a big shot. After of years of meeting real Movie stars, musicians, sports stars and other true big time celebrity's, I was not going to let that ruin my night."

roll.gif
Get'em Hacky.

Nash Speaks On TNA Moving To Monday Nights, Joe, More

Story By: Tim Brown

Kevin Nash recently spoke to Sports Radio 1130 AM out of Detroit to do early promotion for the Slammiversary PPV on June 21st PPV in his hometown. Nash and the host talk about how great it would be to fill up The Palace of Auburn Hills, where the event is being held. Here are the highlights:

-- Nash says he's back at about 75-80% following his elbow injury, and is getting back in the hang of things after a near career-ender.

-- He speaks on his match with Samoa Joe at the Sacrifice PPV coming up next on May 24th. Nash says any time you wrestle Joe, Joe brings his best, and you always feel it the next morning.

-- Nash says that Vince acknowledging TNA is good, but calling it reprehensible is hypocritical since Vince is the same person who produced a show featuring Mae Young giving birth to a rubber hand, among other things.

-- Nash says that when TNA picks up another million viewers and starts doing a 2.5 or a 2.7 rating, only then would it be time to switch to Monday nights. He says it's a young company that has a lot of growth left to do.

-- Nash acknowledges that he's turning 50 this summer, but says he wants to keep wrestling because there's no time that a beer tastes better than right after you get out of the ring. He also says he kind of likes the grassroots feeling of doing an indy show.

-- Nash says that Jenna Morasca is cool and got into the company through Kurt.

-- He saw Scott Hall last Thursday and he is still alive and kicking. He says his old partner has burned some bridges in both TNA and WWE, but never say never when it comes to Hall.

Stephanie Holds Talent Meeting, New WWE Game, More

Story By: Marc Middleton
- Jon sent the following: Chris Jericho will be a guest star on Z Rock during their upcoming new season starting June 7th on IFC. Z Rock is a show about a rock band on the cusp of fame supporting themselves day to day by being a children's band. Really good show but it is definitely not for children.

- Former WWE Diva Stacy Keibler is listed at #77 in Maxim's 2009 Hot 100 list.

- Michael Joy sent word that WWE has changed either their WWE or World Heavyweight Titles on each of the last seven pay-per-views and eight of the last nine. On three shows, they changed both of the titles.

- THQ executives revealed during an investors call that they are working on a new WWE video game called WWE Online. According to IGN, the game is being developed for release in Asia. IGN also states that it will be exclusive for the PC and is filed under the Wrestling Simulation genre. Here's their blurb on the game: This wrestling game, licensed by the WWE for release in Asia, offers an online experience in the world of professional wrestling.

- Stephanie McMahon held a meeting with the WWE talents at the recent TV tapings and told them that now is the time the company is looking to make new stars and that nobody is going to be held back. The company wants everyone working as hard as they can to make it to the top. They also encouraged people to come up with ideas for their characters and storylines

This is the time for someone to step up, Baby Dahhhdy must not be cutting it anymore.

WWE Cyber Sunday Update, WM 29, Yanks-WWE, More

Story By: Marc Middleton
- As noted earlier, Colin Delaney was backstage at the RAW show on Monday night in Buffalo. Colin was also backstage at Tuesday night's SmackDown tapings in Pittsburgh visiting.

- Also as noted earlier, several Florida cities have thrown their names into bid on hosting a future WrestleMania event. Word going around is that the event they are focusing on is WrestleMania 29 in 2013. One would think that WWE would return to Madison Square Garden for WrestleMania 30 in 2014.

- Devin Cutting sent the following: WWE announced at last night's Smackdown taping that Cyber Sunday will be held at the Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh on October 25th, 2009. The original plan was for Pittsburgh to host No Mercy with Cyber Sunday taking place at the Izod Center in New Jersey. No word yet on the new location for No Mercy.

One possible reason for the venue change is that the New York Giants are playing the Arizona Cardinals at Giants Stadium that day, which is right next to the Izod Center and uses the same parking facilities.

- Yankees.LHBlogs.com notes that the New York Yankees currently have a replica WWE Championship belt that they pass around the locker room to the Yankee who hit best during a winning game. Infielder Ramiro Pena, who went three for four one game, and veteran catcher Jorge Posada, who had a four RBI day, have had the title proudly displayed in their lockers recently.

4w, being a Yankees and wrestling fan, there is something for you to mark out to lol.

Kind of bummed about Cyber Sunday, I was going to go after my great experience at Backlash. Hopefully No Mercy will go there instead.

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

A little news and notes since I was frequenting the dirts....

Update on WWE's Announcing Situation, Dreamer, More

- There has been a lot of internal talk lately about the future of WWE's announcing teams. With Jim Ross being 57 years old and Jerry Lawler turning 60 this year, it's set that Michael Cole, Todd Grisham and Josh Matthews are the lead announcers. Vince McMahon is said to be happy with the situation because he now believes that the announcers should be colorless in the sense that they aren't the stars but the wrestlers are and there's a feeling that Ross and Lawler are stars.
Man, it's so weird to think that these guys are that old already. And Lawler is older than JR, what the?
laugh.gif

^^ Thing I have with that is Cole think's hes a star, and it is going against what McMahon wants, and he wont get rid of him.

Steph wanting to actually push newer people?
eek.gif
HHH must not be hittin that right lately.

And I STILL SMH @ WWE for dropping the ball with Elijah Burke.
smh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom