WWE Meaningless Throwaway Gimmick PPV - Tonight

^ team sd still kind of sucks tho
laugh.gif

least Harts get some main event shine
pimp.gif

Which Smackdown Team would you Rather have? The new team or the old one?

Old Team:
Jericho
Kane
Dolph Ziggler
Drew McIntyre
Eric Escobar
Cryme Time

New Team:
Jericho
Kane
Finlay
Matt Hardy
David Hart Smith
Tyson Kidd
R-Truth

WWE Bringing Back Released Superstar, Wants New Talent
Date Added: October 23, 2009
Story By: Brian Cantor
PWInsider.com reported Thursday night that WWE has reached a new deal with Lance Cade.

Cade, who was contracted with WWE from 2003 to 2008, was released from his contract while in the midst of a push that saw him align with Chris Jericho andwrestle his one-time trainer Shawn Michaels.

Though details at the time of his release were initially sketchy, veteran Jim Ross quickly added some color to the situation, noting, "Lance Cade wasdismissed from the WWE because, like many humans, he made a major league mistake while utilizing bad judgment that cost him his job. This included Lance havinga seizure on an airplane and having to have emergency medical care."

-- WWE developmental territory Florida Championship Wrestling is advertising a talent evaluation clinic for December 4-7, 2009:http://www.fcwwrestling.info/info.html.

Nice on bringing back Cade, shame he had messed up during that push he was gettin. He prolly would've been tag champs with Jericho by now.

@ Chino: New Team by a mile.

My team for Smackdown would have been:

Jericho
Kane
David Hart Smith
Tyson Kidd
Dolph Ziggler
Matt Hardy
Drew McIntyre

I like the new SD team better but it kinda makes them look weaker because all the new guys lost last week and have been jobbing as of late to the guys thatwere in it before them.

Im actualy pumped for a Raw coming my way. It is going to be in Hartford for the first time since 2002! Last time Raw was at the Civic Center, Hulk Hogancouldnt start the Undertaker's bike.

Don't know how much time I'm gonna have for Bragging Rights with the Yanks playing tonight...

A few [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]News & Notes[/color]

Jim Ross gives an update on his health.

Jim Ross gave an update on his health in a new blog posted on his official website. Below are the highlights:

Yep, my neurologist cleared my travel because the flight was only 40 minutes and I'm drive home after the game w/ friends. Here's the latest. I had a MRI Friday on my brain and inner ear and will get the result, hopefully, Monday afternoon. Hopefully, that will be good news. I'm thinking it will. My right eye is problematic but we have the meds in place to protect my cornea due to the dryness issues. My vision is blurred in the right eye but I'm optimistic it will improve. Sensitive hearing on certain tones remain as are frequent migrain-like headaches but I'm dealing w/ it. No worries.

The right side of my face isn't sagging as bad as my two previous bouts of Bells palsy. Still, my "leading man" status is in jeopardy.
smile.gif
The doctors won't and can't provide me a timeline as to when I will return but, without fail, I will return at some point "Sooner" than later. And w/ more P&V than ever!

Certainly not pleased to be missing WWE Bragging Rights Sunday on PPV but will watch it from home in Norman. That way I can "second guess" w/ the best of 'em and "knock" the announcers. Those were jokes. The show has many unknown entities and had my curiosity aroused especially the young talents that might step up and the 60 Minute Ironman match. If Miz vs Morrison kickoff the show, they have a huge op to make ev everyone else "follow this." I'll be watching lots of wrestling over the next few weeks plus some overdue viewing of some DVD's and books I want to read. Got some great text messages Friday night from Steve Austin w/ some hilarious albeit timely advice.

Click here to read JR's latest in its entirety.

Why Team Smackdown was changed.

- The last minute changes to WWE Bragging Rights continued on Tuesday at the SmackDown taping. Apparently Vince McMahon had finally realized how weak the SmackDown team looked and decided to "blow the match up." No one disagreed obviously. The match was going to change anyway one way or another. The seven man was even more of a blatant last minute idea for the fact SmackDown has all their top guys in a four way main event.

-The change to Team Smackdown at the Smackdown tapings this past Tuesday in Columbia, SC was decided at a production meeting on that same day as Vince McMahon saw the original teams together on Raw the night before and felt the Smackdown team looked too weak.

There was said to be some joking among talent about the company changing their mind at the very last minute just days before the actual match on PPV after they spent a good amount of time the night before on Raw hyping it up.

The updated Team Smackdown now features WWE Unified Tag Team Champion Chris Jericho, Kane, Matt Hardy, R-Truth, Finlay and The Hart Dynasty. Dropped from the previous team was Eric Escobar, Drew McIntyre, Dolph Ziggler and Cryme Tyme.

Details on why Desmond Wolfe (Nigel McGuiness) didn't end up in WWE.

As noted yesterday here on the website, Nigel McGuinness was telling people backstage at the TNA tapings last night that WWE took too long to finalize his contract so he opted to sign with TNA instead.

According to a new report, we can now confirm that McGuinness failed WWE's prescreening test. WWE then pulled their verbal offer and he was not offered a contract with the company.

According to a source, Nigel didn't fail for a drug test. All indications are that it was medically related.

There is no word on if McGuinness told TNA management the real story or not. There is also no prescreening test for TNA talent. As noted earlier, he was telling TNA talent that WWE took too long with their contract which was not the case.

There is no heat on WWE senior vice president of talent relations John Laurinaitis as he was only doing his job.

Matt Hardy says nothing will happen to Jeff and that he's a victim of a corrupt scam.

- Matt Hardy posted the following on Twitter:

Nothing is gonna happen to Jeff, he's a victim of a corrupt scam-the truth is coming out, & will come out in it's entirety in the future

A year or so from now, Jeff will be a bigger star & celebrity than he's ever been-we locked him into a major project this week.

And I personally wanna thank everyone who has stood by the name "Hardy"-you guys mean the world to both of us!

It appears the Tweets have since been removed.

RVD comments on meeting Dixie Carter and Vince Russo.

Former WWE & ECW champion Rob Van Dam appeared on the Between The Ropes radio show with Brian Fritz on Tuesday night and talked about his experience at Sunday's TNA Bound For Glory event. Van Dam met Vince Russo and Dixie Carter for the first time at the show.

Regarding his meeting with Vince Russo, he said, "I think that was the first I've met him," Van Dam said. "I've talked to him on the phone a few times. I stood there and talked with him for a few minutes the other day. I've only known him by reputation before, which was a little choppy." Van Dam sounded a bit skeptical of Russo, but acknowledged that most of what he's heard has been second and third hand information.

Van Dam also described his brief encounter with TNA president Dixie Carter. "It was real short," Van Dam said. I introduced myself to her. She said, 'Yeah, we've talked on the phone.' And then it was it was real awkward like she wanted to talk, but there wasn't anything to say."

Why NASCAR drivers are hosting tomorrow's RAW.

-- The reason Kyle Busch and Joey Logano, NASCAR drivers, are hosting next week's episode of Monday Night Raw in Buffalo is because World Wrestling Entertainment is sponsoring their respective race cars. More specifically, they are being sponsored by the SmackDown vs Raw 2010 video game.

Final Lineup for Bragging Rights.

60-Minute Anything Goes Iron Man Match for the WWE Championship
If Cena loses, he must leave the Raw brand. If Orton loses, he can not have a rematch for the title vs. Cena.
- Randy Orton (c) vs. John Cena

Fatal Four-Way Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
- The Undertaker (c) vs. CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Batista

14-Man Raw vs. SmackDown Tag Team Match
- Team Raw (Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Big Show, Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger, Kofi Kingston & Mark Henry) vs. Team SmackDown (Chris Jericho, Kane, R-Truth, Matt Hardy, Tyson Kidd, David Hart Smith & Finlay)

Singles Match
- WWE United States Champion The Miz vs. WWE Intercontinental Champion John Morrison

Raw Divas vs. SmackDown Divas
- WWE Divas Champion Melina, Gail Kim & Kelly Kelly vs. WWE Women's Champion Michelle McCool, Beth Phoenix & Natalya

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]My predictions for tonight:[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Team RAW[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]John Morrison[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Smackdown Divas[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]John Cena (this is the easiest one to predict, IMO)[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Undertaker (I don't think they take the strap off of him this soon. I think Batista and Mysterioare in the match so Undertaker won't have too much of a workload but neither will win).[/color]

^ We use the weekly wrestling threads for the PPVs now.

Like DSK, I'm probably not going to watch a lot of Bragging Rights, gotta see my Yankees wrap up a World Series berth tonight (hopefully).

sd team wins after show destroys the raw team. taker wins and gets punk @ ss, i can see a batista heel turn on rey. Sd divas win. Miz cheats and wins. Cenawins in overtime after not tapping to some sub at 1 hour

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

No official bragging rights thread yet?
nerd.gif
i'm not sure if its true. but i heard gwo.yuku.com has a official thread, as well as available streams for the ppv.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

sd team wins after show destroys the raw team. taker wins and gets punk @ ss, i can see a batista heel turn on rey. Sd divas win. Miz cheats and wins. Cena wins in overtime after not tapping to some sub at 1 hour
u should enter ur predictions at the gwo site! i like ur logic on ur predictions btw. never thought of big show betraying. could set up aDX/Jerishow feud
pimp.gif

dx/jerishow is what i was getting at. Im on my phone, so im not gonna bother with twitter, not that ive messed with twitter anyways

Was traveling earlier today. Just got home. Focus is on Game 6 and the Giants. I will have Bragging Rights on the computer streaming, but it will be #3priority.

Quick Predictions:

*Gail Kim & Kelly Kelly & Melina vs. Natalya & Michelle McCool & Beth Phoenix
*John Morrison vs. The Miz
*Undertaker vs. Batista vs. Rey Mysterio vs. C.M. Punk
*Randy Orton vs. John Cena
*Team Raw: DX & Mark Henry & Big Show & Jack Swagger & Kofi Kingston & Cody Rhodes vs. Team Smackdown: Chris Jericho & Kane& Matt Hardy & Fit Finlay & R-Truth & Hart Dynasty (I'm expecting Show to turn on Team Raw)

Back
Top Bottom