WWE Night of Champions PPV 7/26 - Punk vs Hardy, Orton vs Cena vs HHH (p31)

^Hopefully I can catch one then because I'll probably get up around noon like I have been
laugh.gif

I just finished watching NOC. My thoughts on it:

Wasn't expecting to see Big Show be Jericho's partner. It's actually a really good move. It allows WWE to continue making Show look strong byputting gold on him, but also allows for Y2J to do most of the work so the audience isn't put to sleep during a Big Show match. And I think theirbackstage interview just set up a match versus DX... smh.

ECW title... it's just a sad belt. Nobody really cares about Dreamer. Hopefully a good feud between Christian and Shelton comes from this.

IC title- I'm okay with Rey winning, only b/c it'll continue the feud. WWE can have a real big-time player in Ziggler if they don't drop the balllike they did with Burke, Cor Von, Kenny, and MVP (turning him face).

WWE title- wow. I'm glad Orton won. And as much as people on here may hate Cena, at least he's a main eventer who cares about the company more thanhimself. HGH would NEVER do the job, which is exactly why Cena was in the match.

World title- definitely didn't expect that. It makes a lot of sense, seeing as Jeff Hardy is probably the most over superstar on the roster. And I knowyou're all a huge fan of the heel Punk, but I still hate the guy. I hated face Punk, hate heel Punk, I'll just continue to hate the guy no matter whathe does... so I'm happy with that match.

Not a bad PPV... outside of the Maryse-Mickie match, and that match was only tolerable b/c of the perverted thoughts that ran through my head.
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

seems like a pretty good payper view I am disgusted at Jericho's partner being the Big Show. I really wish that Ziggler would have won the strap, but Iguess that means two things he wins at Summerslam and also the WWE allowed Rey to keep the strap to keep the Hispanic rating going strong with him being thechamp.

Isn't the ECW belt technically white gold?

Anyway, I'm excited to see what comes of Zigger/Mysterio. I thought my man Dolph put on a very good showing last night, and I agree, Punk's quicklybecoming a great heel. Also boggles my mind how Hardy gets more cheers than a straight edge, drug free wrestler. haha!

Sidenote, has anyone seen this before?
Scott Hall and Mr. Perfect in AWA:

Such a dramatic contrast between what Hall looks like now, and how cut he was then.

Anyway, Raw tonight should disappoint, haha. I, much like the majority of us on here, am finding Raw to be so bland now...

Also boggles my mind how Hardy gets more cheers than a straight edge, drug free wrestler. haha!

Thats the world as a whole now lol. Straight Edge is a lame concept people now plus so many people have used the substances He's against, they feel He issnubbing his nose at them. Lol its a perfect character for a heel.

Jeff Hardy's WWE status:
Jeff Hardy has reportedly agreed to stay through Summerslam as we noted last night. The hope is that by putting the title on him it'll convince him to stick around.

Vince was upset with NOC opener:
Vince McMahon was visibly upset after the opener last night, and was seen throwing his headset down when the match was over.

WWE action figures:
JAKKS Pacific and THQ have ended their dispute regarding the payment on the WWE Video Game. THQ acquired the rights through JAKKS, and WWE is ending their relationship with JAKKS, as the have signed on with Mattel for their action figure line starting in 2010.
They better make some more detailed stuff, I was never satisfied with JAKKS products.

Happy Birthday to Triple H:
Triple H turns 40 years old today. He was born July 27th, 1969.
Miz and Maryse dating
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

For those keeping tabs, the near-happy on-air couple of The Miz and Maryse left the WWE "Night Of Champions" PPV last night together in Miz's car. The two have been dating for awhile now.

Originally Posted by Mister916

Jeff Hardy's WWE status:
Jeff Hardy has reportedly agreed to stay through Summerslam as we noted last night. The hope is that by putting the title on him it'll convince him to stick around.

Vince was upset with NOC opener:
Vince McMahon was visibly upset after the opener last night, and was seen throwing his headset down when the match was over.

Shoulda gave Jericho a better partner.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Also boggles my mind how Hardy gets more cheers than a straight edge, drug free wrestler. haha!

Thats the world as a whole now lol. Straight Edge is a lame concept people now plus so many people have used the substances He's against, they feel He is snubbing his nose at them. Lol its a perfect character for a heel.

indifferent.gif

Watching a replay right now. I've heard that DOlph Ziggler was supposed to go over on Mysterio, but they changed it right before the PPV

Originally Posted by horchata kid

Thats the world as a whole now lol. Straight Edge is a lame concept "to" people now plus so many people have used the substances He's against, they feel He is snubbing his nose at them. Lol its a perfect character for a heel.
indifferent.gif

Whats with the stoneface, it was a typo
laugh.gif
. Dude I left"to" out. I am straight edge myself in a way, except I'm willing to have a drink once in a while.

Thats the world as a whole now lol. Straight Edge is a lame concept "to" people now plus so many people have used the substances He's against, they feel He is snubbing his nose at them. Lol its a perfect character for a heel.
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
. Dude I left "to" out. I am straight edge myself in a way, except I'm willing to have a drink once in a while.

Boooooooo
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
. Dude I left "to" out. I am straight edge myself in a way, except I'm willing to have a drink once in a while.

ah my bad, must have mis-read it.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
Boooooooo
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I'll drink some when I'm 21 but just specialty drinks fromrestaurants. I hate beer though. How people stand to drink it is a shocker to me
sick.gif
. Smoking is a big no no for me.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
Boooooooo
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I'll drink some when I'm 21 but just specialty drinks from restaurants. I hate beer though. How people stand to drink it is a shocker to me
sick.gif
. Smoking is a big no no for me.
smokin.gif

I know you've heard it a million times, but beer is definitely an acquired taste. I despised beer the first 3-5 times I had it, now I'dpour that #%@+ in my Honey Nut Cheerios if I just wanted to be an alcoholic.

Originally Posted by gstbmn

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

Loos like I can't catch a break. The stupid stream keeps repeating the first match and CM Punk's promo
laugh.gif

If you wanna watch it, just go here. http://www.fastpasstv.com/ and scroll down. You'll see it.
Thanks a lot. I was downloading a 1.4 GB file that was gonna take me another hour maybe 2 to finish downloading. Now I'll finish before Rawstarts

Back
Top Bottom