WWE Survivor Series - 11/23 8pm PPV - Chris Jericho vs John Cena | HHH vs Hardy vs Koslov (p12)

I never imagined I'd see a wrestler as flamboyantly gay as Golddust, but someone really needs to take Billy Gunn off the TV.

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

I never imagined I'd see a wrestler as flamboyantly gay as Golddust, but someone really needs to take Billy Gunn off the TV.
I was thinking the same thing. At least, Road Dogg knows when to step away.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

They need to put us NT wrestling heads on the job of writing
pimp.gif

Yeah, right. If that happened, the universe would collapse on itself. Coherent storylines? Booking that makes sense? Wrestlers who deserve it getting pushed?Calling the wrestlers "wrestlers"? It would be pure madness.

I forgot that TNC Impact was on tonight.... Or did I?

Originally Posted by retrogearsolid

Originally Posted by RKO2004

They need to put us NT wrestling heads on the job of writing
pimp.gif

Yeah, right. If that happened, the universe would collapse on itself. Coherent storylines? Booking that makes sense? Wrestlers who deserve it getting pushed? Calling the wrestlers "wrestlers"? It would be pure madness.

I forgot that TNC Impact was on tonight.... Or did I?
laugh.gif
Total Nonstop Crap. I honestly don't understand whythe E is allergic to good entertainment. How can some dudes on a freaking message board coming up with better storylines, ideas and everything else than theHANDSOMELY paid WWE writers.
tired.gif

TNA was actually pretty good last night, until the last 5 minutes when Mick Foley named the Main Event for the next craphole. Why on Earth would you have a theworld title change hands in an 8 man tag match? Smh.

he should at least have had it be elimination and whoever scores the winning pinfall gets the belt

News & Notes

Latest update on Christian and TNA/WWE situation.

- Sources report that TNA officials, at last word, still don't know which way Christian Cage is going. The feeling is that the angle they have shot with him getting beat down covers them either way. If he doesn't sign a new deal, the angle wrote him off. If he does resign, the angle will allow him to come back and be on the babyface team as one of the leaders.

Christian's name has came up in WWE meetings and he has been offered a deal, but the talk is more of what to do with him if they sign him and not any real concrete plans based on his return being guaranteed. Brian Gewirtz wants Cage on RAW because he enjoys writing for him. Michael Hayes and Edge are pushing for him to be on SmackDown and to put the two back together. The feeling is that he will get a big push coming in but if the initial reaction isn't too good, he will be put on the midcard.

Trish Stratus to return to the ring?

- Former WWE Women's Champion Trish Stratus, who just finished filming for her travel show, told WWE.com that if things are right, she is open to returning to the ring. Trish said:

"I've heard that Beth Phoenix and this new Diva Natalya have talked [trash] about me," Stratus said coyly in an interview on WWE's website. "I've said it before, but if they ever decided to call me out, I wouldn't hesitate to step into the ring."

As noted earlier, Trish has recently joined the WWE Universe site.

Sounds like some type of work, but Stratus returning would be appreciated, even for a short run...
devil.gif

Details on upcoming WWE Films projects and who is involved.

- WWE Studios currently has two movies that are in development. One is called Suckerpunch and stars Big Show (real name Paul Wight) and is a comedy set in the world of bare-knuckle fighting. The other movie is The Marine 2 and stars Ted DiBiase, Jr. and is the sequel to The Marine by WWE Studios starring John Cena. As far as we know, Cena will not be involved in the movie unless he is cast for a cameo appearance. Other people involved in Suckerpunch will be Adam Rifkin who is credited as a writer and Matt Carroll and Vince McMahon who are listed as executive producers. Carroll is also an executive producer of The Marine 2. Both Suckerpunch and The Marine 2 are due out in 2010 and are believed to be theatrical releases.

- WWE's next theatrical release will be 12 Rounds starring John Cena. Cena plays the role of Detective Danny Fisher in the action movie that was filmed in New Orleans, Louisiana. The project was started on February 25, 2008 and finished up back in May. The scheduled release date for the film is March 27, 2009 and will be distributed by Fox Atomic. Vince McMahon has a production credit in the project.

- Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia is WWE's first straight-to-DVD project and will be released in stores on January 6, 2009. Ken Kennedy (real name Ken Anderson) co-stars in the film and is the centerpiece of the promotional material. Kennedy plays the role of Chief Carter Holt. The project is a joint effort by WWE Studios and 20th Century FOX.

What's next for Steve Austin.

- The movie that Steve Austin is currently filming is called Damage and is not a WWE Studios project. The film will be distributed by 20th Century FOX and is being directed by Jeff King. It is expected to be released on January 28, 2010 as a straight-to-DVD project.

Backstage reaction to WWE's recent crackdown on marijuana use.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-- Regarding WWE's recent crackdown of marijuana use, this has frustrated a number of wrestlers. Some are telling friends they will continue to smoke pot in spite of the crackdown. Others predict those recently approached by management regarding their habit will replace it with alcohol. As noted earlier, Brian Kendrick in particular has failed for pot 12 times, with his push leveling off as a result.[/font]

Update on Goldust's WWE contract status.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dustin Rhodes returned his WWE contract signed within the last couple of days. This is a regular talent contract, not a Legends contract.

As a result he has canceled all confirmed independent wrestling bookings, but should be able to honor the confirmed autograph session bookings.

No word yet on when he may start up with WWE under the new contract, nor on which brand he may appear.
[/font]

Update on Scott Hall/ICP at TNA PPV; backstage Steiner incident.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In regards to Scott Hall and the Insane Clown Posse showing up at TNA's Turning Point PPV last Sunday, the public version of events by the company was that TNA made a deal with ICP to show up at ringside, but said they didn't know Scott Hall would be with them. In reality, Hall was backstage prior to the show lead to a funny moment go down in front of the whole locker room involving Scott Steiner.

When someone brought up to Steiner that Hall was at the show, Steiner joked saying "Of course he is. It's Turning Point and he's here for the main event. He just doesn't realize he's a year late." This is in reference to Hall no-showing last year's Turning Point PPV.

TNA's goal was to work everyone on Hall being at the show. One TNA source stated that they could see the thing being set up from the start and couldn't understand why they would try and swerve the wrestlers and employees in the company. Nobody is putting too much thought into it, and the general consensus is just that TNA wanted to have fans buzzing after the show; And it worked. Hall left the PPV by the time the Kevin Nash vs. Samoa Joe match had started.
[/font]

Who created Kung Fu Naki?

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sho Funaki has been pushing the idea of the Kung Fu Naki character for a few years. He has been showing up at TV tapings with the same sheet of paper that contained his ideas for the character for quite some time. While the creative team may have altered the character, the original idea belongs to Funaki. Vince McMahon used to roll his eyes whenever the character was presented to him, but obviously something changed. Vince has a notoriously bad memory and one source says it's possible that Vince doesn't even remember the character being pitched to him before.[/font]

TNA might pursue former WWE wrestlers.

- No word from within TNA yet if there are any concrete plans for any of the recently released WWE Superstars. Ken Doane (Dykstra) is at least a name under discussion and they would like to use Super Crazy when his non-compete ends as they've already received indications that he would come in if an offer was made.

WWE drops "entertainers" phrase.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- WWE has come to their senses and didn't go forward with calling their wrestlers "Entertainers" and is still using the phrases "athletes", "competitors", and "superstars". However we still have to live with "WWE Universe" for the time being. While this may seem like no big deal on the surface, it is a very big deal to Vince and other members of upper management.[/font]

WWE making changes with their referees.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starting soon WWE will stop the branding of referees and all refs will wear the same shirts (likely the traditional black & white stripes), and only two refs will be going out on the road for Raw & Smackdown House Shows rather than three.

Whether this will lead to any refs being released is unknown.

Some refs also work on ring crews. Mike Posey & Charles Robinson are examples. It is possible they could be booked on some shows only as ring crew now rather than as ring crew and as refs too, as ref pay falls under the talent budget and ring crew pay falls under a different budget.
[/font]

Duece's future grim in the WWE.

- Last week, two names surfaced regarding the wrestlers most likely to be cut from World Wrestling Entertainment. The names that came up were Armando Estrada and Deuce. Estrada's release was finalized by the company this past Tuesday. Thus far, Deuce has evaded the chopping block, but his future in WWE definitely appears grim as his name came up on being let go by the company alongside Estrada's. It's pretty much only a matter of time before WWE parts ways with Deuce as well.

More releases are expected to be announced as WWE continues to cut costs, so stay tuned.

Originally Posted by third world wonder

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

eek.gif

lol, biggest swerve of the year. Never saw that coming.

Speaking of swerves, I have a sneaking feeling that Jericho will walk away as the champ on Sunday. No, it's not because I am a loyal follower of his cult.It's just that most of the people on the Internet believe Cena is winning, and to have Jericho remain champ after all the hype would be the type of goodswerve to keep the audience on their toes. As stupid as I think WWE booking is, I think they have enough sense to milk out a Jericho/Cena feud over the beltfor at least another month.

eek.gif

Speaking of swerves, I have a sneaking feeling that Jericho will walk away as the champ on Sunday. No, it's not because I am a loyal follower of his cult. It's just that most of the people on the Internet believe Cena is winning, and to have Jericho remain champ after all the hype would be the type of good swerve to keep the audience on their toes. As stupid as I think WWE booking is, I think they have enough sense to milk out a Jericho/Cena feud over the belt for at least another month.

Yea they should do that then have Cena win the belt at the next PPV. I don't want Cena to have the belt but he gotta have it sooner or later
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Agthekid

eek.gif

Speaking of swerves, I have a sneaking feeling that Jericho will walk away as the champ on Sunday. No, it's not because I am a loyal follower of his cult. It's just that most of the people on the Internet believe Cena is winning, and to have Jericho remain champ after all the hype would be the type of good swerve to keep the audience on their toes. As stupid as I think WWE booking is, I think they have enough sense to milk out a Jericho/Cena feud over the belt for at least another month.
Yea they should do that then have Cena win the belt at the next PPV. I don't want Cena to have the belt but he gotta have it sooner or later
sick.gif
It's not gonna happen. Y'all can scratch all that out of your heads...the info I posted regarding Cena winning the title was from a dudewho has sources within the company and has posted spoilers before they've actually happened...so you can pretty much bet on him being right and Cenawinning the title. And it shouldn't come as a surprise...he hasn't held the title in a year, the promotions ran by the WWE for like a month and a halfnow, he's arguably WWE's #1 guy...the list goes on and on, it wouldn't make sense for Cena to lose or have a disputed finish in his return.

I would have had less problems with this if Jericho would have had his title reign interrupted (Batista should have never won at Cyber Sunday
eyes.gif
, Vince doing it only to appease him)...but at least Y2J walks away from all thisas a 5 time World champ, when a couple of months before it looked like he'd be stuck at mid-card level forever...

It's not gonna happen. Y'all can scratch all that out of your heads...the info I posted regarding Cena winning the title was from a dude who has sources within the company and has posted spoilers before they've actually happened...so you can pretty much bet on him being right and Cena winning the title. And it shouldn't come as a surprise...he hasn't held the title in a year, the promotions ran by the WWE for like a month and a half now, he's arguably WWE's #1 guy...the list goes on and on, it wouldn't make sense for Cena to lose or have a disputed finish in his return.

I would have had less problems with this if Jericho would have had his title reign interrupted (Batista should have never won at Cyber Sunday
eyes.gif
, Vince doing it only to appease him)...but at least Y2J walks away from all this as a 5 time World champ, when a couple of months before it looked like he'd be stuck at mid-card level forever...

Please don't crush my hopes of WWE bookers doing something right for once. Even though the future looks bleak, I will continue to believe in Our Savior andpray that he vanquishes the false rapper known as John Cena on Sunday.

Originally Posted by The Minister

i thought kelly kelly would be the one smoking the reefer. i can never that %++%@ eyes

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
so true though....

And I tried to watch TNA last night. Everytime I try to watch it, I remember why I don't. The ring sucks, the commentary sucks, the camera work sucks,the backstage segments suck (except for Angle's backstage promo). As for the matches... I thought it would get better once it got to 2 hours. When it wasa 1 hour show, the matches were heavily edited into non-stop spot fests... it would just go dropkick, powerbomb, piledriver, big splash, spinning heel kick,finisher.... all in 19 seconds. Now... it's all over 42 seconds... it's still overdone.

I will be very happy to see Edge & Christian together. I would save them both and have them debut at Armageddon and fulfill the PPV name.

Originally Posted by Agthekid

eek.gif

sick.gif
It's not gonna happen. Y'all can scratch all that out of your heads...the info I posted regarding Cena winning the title was from a dude who has sources within the company and has posted spoilers before they've actually happened...so you can pretty much bet on him being right and Cena winning the title. And it shouldn't come as a surprise...he hasn't held the title in a year, the promotions ran by the WWE for like a month and a half now, he's arguably WWE's #1 guy...the list goes on and on, it wouldn't make sense for Cena to lose or have a disputed finish in his return.

eyes.gif
, Vince doing it only to appease him)...but at least Y2J walks away from all this as a 5 time World champ, when a couple of months before it looked like he'd be stuck at mid-card level forever...

ohwell.gif
Your right. A man can only hope.

The Ottawa Sun newspaper interviewed Randy Orton about what happened over the weekend.

What calmed him down:"I wasn't thinking before I was saying things, I was taking the heel person a little too seriously. Vince said he couldn'thave somebody who was a loose cannon. He said if any person was going to stop Randy Orton from succeeding, it was Randy Orton."

Where he is now in his career: "There are few wresters at the level I'm at. My goal is to be the No. 1 guy here. I'm a future Hall of Famer.I'm already a three-time champ. Age is on my side. Nothing is going to stop me."

His motorcycle accident: "I was going up a hill at night. A car swerved into my lane and I had two options -- to slide into the wall or try to make aturn. If I'd slid into the wall at 30 miles an hour, I would have been pretty messed up. I (hit a curb) and landed a couple of hundred feet away. I waswearing a helmet or I would have been dead. I really got lucky."

(note these are direct quotes from him)

Source: ImpactWrestling.com

Originally Posted by Jules300

The Ottawa Sun newspaper interviewed Randy Orton about what happened over the weekend.

What calmed him down:"I wasn't thinking before I was saying things, I was taking the heel person a little too seriously. Vince said he couldn't have somebody who was a loose cannon. He said if any person was going to stop Randy Orton from succeeding, it was Randy Orton."
What's this about?

Back
Top Bottom