X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Movie is Out, What Did You Guys Think?

Originally Posted by JayJunkie

Originally Posted by Boomatic206

Why Professor X got Botox?

Why Cyclops scream all crazy when he was blasting them guards?
laugh.gif
My friends and I were talking about the same thing when we came out of the movies. The scene where Wolverine was was cutting up the ladder was
sick.gif
and not in a good way.

Prof. X looked so fake in that scene, they had to make him look so much younger but damn it looked bad. They should have just had him in the wheel chairalready but I guess in the X-Men First Class Origins, they'll make it a story on how he becomes crippled?

Also, if Cyclops were in HS and Gambit must have been at least in his late 20's to early 30's, that would make Gambit at least 10-15 years older thanCyclops?

It's not a bad movie, it's just not a good adaptation of the source material. You guys really don't know the difference, do you? It'sa very decent movie.

Hey_

Originally Posted by RFX45

I believe Logan and Sabretooth were both developed.
You see their Origins (movie version) and you see how Wolverine isn't actually an animal while Sabretooth was.
That is development.
We see Wolverine's will to be normal and to be an animal.
We see him manipulated and still act decent enough to save the woman who deceived him, I think that explains how he really is.
I think he has changed and has had different facets of his life throughout the movie.
We see the soft side and the animal side, it was explained why he did such things so I would say he was pretty developed.
I think it was pretty obvious that he was good as what he does because he was trained while in the group.
He has been through over a century of training and life experience and remember the other credit ending is him being in Japan so more training is still about to come.

As for Sabretooth, we see how evil he really is and how he just wants to be better than Wolverine.
In the beginning, we see him as just this evil guy but Wolverine's will to walk away from what was wrong showed that Wolverine is stronger than him.
He hated that and wanted to one up Wolverine and it seems to be the only reason he even worked for Stryker.
Of course he still liked to kill, but that seemed more like a fringe benefit than anything else.
He didn't change his animal instincts but he did develop in a way that his purpose and goal has changed to defeating Wolverine rather than just killing people and having fun.
All we see in the movie is that Logan and Victor are ooooold. Thats pretty much it, simple and plain.

When was he an animal? When does Wolverine become scary to the audience? Never.

You enlisted in the army/team x. Do you job and shut up. There is never a scene in which Wolverine goes over the edge, or a "beserker rage" so tospeak.

Sabertooth is super one dimensional. If he had a mustache, he'd twirl it.

For a movie trying to "life the veil" on his origins, they do a terrible job of doing so.

Julius F. Wrek

Hey_

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

It's not a bad movie, it's just not a good adaptation of the source material. You guys really don't know the difference, do you? It's a very decent movie.

When did mediocrity become acceptable?

Seriously, it seems to be an epidemic now.

Music is in shabby shape, movies as well...and don't even get me started on sneakers.

Julius F. Wrek

Originally Posted by JayJunkie

Originally Posted by Boomatic206

Why Professor X got Botox?

Why Cyclops scream all crazy when he was blasting them guards?
laugh.gif
My friends and I were talking about the same thing when we came out of the movies. The scene where Wolverine was was cutting up the ladder was
sick.gif
and not in a good way.

Prof. X looked so fake in that scene, they had to make him look so much younger but damn it looked bad. They should have just had him in the wheel chair already but I guess in the X-Men First Class Origins, they'll make it a story on how he becomes crippled?

Also, if Cyclops were in HS and Gambit must have been at least in his late 20's to early 30's, that would make Gambit at least 10-15 years older than Cyclops?
plus this movie is supposely taking place like mid-80's (or so I've heard).

Why does the people have to be scared of Wolverine?
I think he pretty much went berserk every time he fought Sabretooth, especially in the first fight.
He was just careless. I mean seriously, how can you make him that scary?
He doesn't need to brutalize little orphans to show his animal side or decapitate Agent Zero in the copter (although it would have been cool).
I think for an Origins story, it was done well enough that they can go from here on out and go berserk in Japan.

As for Sabretooth, I can't see him as one dimensional, especially after he saves Wolverine.
As much as I hate that part, it is a characteristic you didn't expect from him. Well maybe you did but it is not his personality.

More of Gambit was needed in that movie
And what happened to that black guy in the dreads Sabertooth was ready to kill while wolverine walked away, it was randomn to see the dude disappear
laugh.gif

Hey_

Why does the people have to be scared of Wolverine?
I think he pretty much went berserk every time he fought Sabretooth, especially in the first fight.
He was just careless. I mean seriously, how can you make him that scary?
He doesn't need to brutalize little orphans to show his animal side or decapitate Agent Zero in the copter (although it would have been cool).
I think for an Origins story, it was done well enough that they can go from here on out and go berserk in Japan.

As for Sabretooth, I can't see him as one dimensional, especially after he saves Wolverine.
As much as I hate that part, it is a characteristic you didn't expect from him. Well maybe you did but it is not his personality.
To show him making a progression from "animal" to man.

The protagonist cannot be the same from beginning to end. Its a basic rule of screenplay writing.

They have to evolve, change occasionally struggle against doing so.

Logan is the same ol' g from start to end. Sucka for love though.

Julius F. Wrek

movie was pure garbage...and how the F was that deadpool? shooting cyclops laser out of eyes and teleporting...*%@ is that.

I may seem I'm defending the movie but I really didn't like it at all so keep that in mind.
happy.gif

Now back to the topic...
He may have been the same from beginning to the end but he didn't stay that way.
He was good, then vengeance seeking and then back to a good guy with amnesia.
There were a lot of things they could have done to help the progression like maybe actually threatening to kill Silverfox when he found out.
Or accidentally killing an innocent bystander to make him realize he has gone too far.
But really, he wasn't the same person throughout the movie, he just went back to the way he was from the beginning.

He didn't need to be scary, just be cool with killing people.
He didn't hesitate killing Agent Zero and those army after him after Weapon X, while it was clear he was hesitant at killing anyone from the beginning.
It was toned down because of the PG13 rating, so I guess it didn't make it as clear.

As for the Deapool topic, I try to stay away because it gets heated but I think the real Deadpool as Weapon XI would have worked.
In the end, if Wade Wilson came out with the red and black costume, wielding two swords and making fun of Wolverine and Sabretooth, even with teleportation andeye beam, I think it could have still worked and would have been much better.

The action and fight scene could have been the same and he could have been beaten the same way and then just explain later that only the regeneration powersstayed and all the others were temporary.
After the credits, give him a 2 minute screen time where he finds his head and talk about the beams on his eyes are gone and joke about it.
It would have closed the movie much better that way.

I guess the whole point I was getting at was that Weapon XI was pointless and that the real Deapool would have worked in his place with a few tweaks here andthere.

Hey_

I may seem I'm defending the movie but I really didn't like it at all so keep that in mind.
happy.gif

Now back to the topic...
He may have been the same from beginning to the end but he didn't stay that way.
He was good, then vengeance seeking and then back to a good guy with amnesia.
There were a lot of things they could have done to help the progression like maybe actually threatening to kill Silverfox when he found out.
Or accidentally killing an innocent bystander to make him realize he has gone too far.
But really, he wasn't the same person throughout the movie, he just went back to the way he was from the beginning.

He didn't need to be scary, just be cool with killing people.
He didn't hesitate killing Agent Zero and those army after him after Weapon X, while it was clear he was hesitant at killing anyone from the beginning.
It was toned down because of the PG13 rating, so I guess it didn't make it as clear.

Eggsackly.

He was a soldier, soldiers kill. Its their job.

If they'd have showed him outright enjoying it, and then struggling with it, that would have been a step towards developing his ethos.

Julius F. Wrek

But I think they already showed his animal side by killing his own dad so being in all those wars, where he just watched Sabertooth go wild, he was alreadydeveloping.
That was already the reason why he was the way he was.
That whole opening credit also showed Sabretooth's progression of being bad to being overly sadistic and animal.
Just look at Wolverine and Sabretooth as Yin & Yang. They are somewhat opposite of each other but both can cross the line.
Wolverine could go berserk while Sabretooth could be good as well.

I guess we will never agree to the same thing but I still feel Wolverine and Sabretooth were both developed in the movie.
I mean compared to or considering how badly characters were developed X3, this one is definitely a step up.

Sounds like most of the people in here acting like they know what they're talking about never read the comics...

They should let me write the script.

Here's what I think:
The good
Good movie overall
The fighting scenes were awesome
Funny lines from Deadpool

The bad
Weapon XI
Sabretooth helping Wolverine
Worst ending ever

i thought the special fx sucked... but it was still overall a good movie... like everybody said they messed up deadpool...

i still want a gambit origins
laugh.gif
... just cuz he's my favorite

let the hate continue
laugh.gif

Variety: Jackman to star in "Wolverine 2"

[h1]Hugh Jackman, Seeds planting pics[/h1] [h2]Actor to star in 'Wolverine' sequel, 'Carousel'[/h2]
[h3]By MICHAEL FLEMING[/h3]

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
jackman_hugh.jpg

Jackman
[/td] [/tr][/table]
More Articles:
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Hugh Jackman and Seed Productions partner John Palermo are ramping up several projects for the "Wolverine" star.
Fox and Seed are in development on a sequel to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," which topped the domestic box office over the weekend.

The Seed partners have begun planning the sequel, which they are squarely focusing on the samurai storyline originated in the comic series, and whose Japanese locale was teased after the film's final credits. A writer has yet to be hired. Seed will produce.

Fox has just closed a deal to acquire "Personal Security," a spec script by Matt Lieberman. Jackman will star as a tough Gotham police detective forced into bodyguard duty for a spoiled teen heiress who is receiving kidnapping threats. Jackman and Palermo will produce with Tapestry's Michael Schreiber.

While Jackman has not set his next star vehicle, he has gotten revved up over "Drive," a Seed-produced adaptation of the James Sallis novel set up at Universal.

Jackman will play a solitary man who drives race cars by day and getaway cars by night in Los Angeles. Jackman was energized by the latest draft written by Hossein Amini, who turned in a script that Jackman said captured the tone of a Steve McQueen film.

Long-in-the-works "Carousel" is also now a priority at Fox 2000, after David Magee turned in a script that Jackman and Palermo said keeps the timeless spirit of the Rodgers & Hammerstein classic, but injects relevance for a contemporary audience. Jackman will play Billy Bigelow. On Jackman's wishlist for the role of Julie Jordan is Anne Hathaway, who dueted with him in the Oscarcast opening number. Negotiations have not begun with the actress.

Finally, Jackman, who won a Tony for "The Boy From Oz," hopes to return to the Broadway stage in early 2010 in the title role in "Houdini," with Jack O'Brien ("Hairspray") directing, Danny Elfman writing the music, and David Yazbek ("Dirty Rotten Scoundrels") writing lyrics. The book was first written by Kurt Andersen, but the producers are aiming for a rewrite. Jackman and Palermo will produce with Scott Sanders and David Rockwell.

The Fox-based Seed label has grown in size to include execs Amanda Schweitzer, Kathryn Tamblyn, Allan Mandelbaum and Joe Marino, with Alan Free operating the Sydney-based production office whose goal is to mount modest-budget films to harness local talent in Jackman's home country.

http://www.variety.com/ar...l?categoryid=13&cs=1

Back
Top Bottom