• Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
2alrq3pl7nux.png

You either die [boots-to-the-ground] or live long enough to see yourself become [Halo.]

Last edited:
Ha. That's what happens when you guys all blindly get behind this "lets turn every shooter into a hodge podge of the other games" motif.

It's a ****** thing to say when you've made a career in these threads out of comparing every single shooter to Halo

I don't really think I've ever done that. I've talked about Halo and the direction it's going exclusively. Talking about the blatant stealing of game mechanics is hardly comparing other games to it.

For what it's worth Halo turned into cod a long time ago when sprint became a primary game mechanic, multi-player maps were designed primarily around campaign levels, the map scaling tripling and quadrupling, classes, the over reliance on melee, etc etc etc. Now we have ads, ground pounds, wall climbing, assault rifles doing headshot damage, list goes on.

The fps game industry is just losing all the variety and its the consumers fault.

There is plenty of variety in the FPS industry

Overwatch is nothing like Battlefield is nothing like Doom is nothing like CoD

All of your complaints are based on things that deviate from the old Halo formula

You guys have to remember

The gamers playing Halo in the 2000's are grown and probably moved on and are doing other things. Same with COD.

The developers probably are making the games to target gamers of this generation now.

Last edited:
I don't really think I've ever done that. I've talked about Halo and the direction it's going exclusively. Talking about the blatant stealing of game mechanics is hardly comparing other games to it.

For what it's worth Halo turned into cod a long time ago when sprint became a primary game mechanic, multi-player maps were designed primarily around campaign levels, the map scaling tripling and quadrupling, classes, the over reliance on melee, etc etc etc. Now we have ads, ground pounds, wall climbing, assault rifles doing headshot damage, list goes on.

The fps game industry is just losing all the variety and its the consumers fault.

No it is not.

And you won't know that because you're obsessed about one series trying to innovate.

Very few shooters play alike these days.

I forgot about battlefield. That game hasn't really changed much. Shout out to them. Over watch is new though, doesn't really fit into the point I'm making. I will concede though. Apologies for starting this in here.

Last edited:
Regardless, there are all types of shooters for all tastes

To act as if the genre has nothing to offer in the way of variety just because the games don't reach a very specific set of standards is totally disingenuous

Losing variety? Loot shooters in a destiny and borderlands, tactical shooter in rainbow six, arena shooter in Halo, fast paced twitch shooter in COD and titanfall, team based with overwatch, big scale battle with battlefield, and single player shooters in Wolfenstein and doom. Ther s tons of variety in the genre

You guys have to remember

The gamers playing Halo in the 2000's are grown and probably moved on and are doing other things. Same with COD.

The developers probably are making the games to target gamers of this generation now.
Don't really see this mentioned at all but it's a great point. Activision isn't trying to make CODs that people who grew up on COD4, MW2, Black Ops, etc will love. They've moved on just like we have.

Last edited:
Idk if the inability to see stats is a good or bad thing on TF, pros and cons on both sides on that spectrum

Idk if the inability to see stats is a good or bad thing on TF, pros and cons on both sides on that spectrum

I hated that about the Overwatch beta, one of the main reasons I returned my preorder
Im no MLGer, but I can't stand games that hide your performance in order to spare the feelings of bad players
And BF proves that theres no reason you can't see your K/D and emphasize Objective Score at the same time

No visible stats in a shooting game is nonsense just like no ranks are nonsense. Just pandering to the bad people.

Last edited:
Sandy Ravage actually made a good point about in game stats a long time ago.

He said that if there was not stats in COD people would play more freely and camp less instead of worrying about having a good K/D ratio.

Makes sense, but I still say the best stats thingy ever was the rank system in Halo 3... bar none.

No other game has yet to match that because it made it something to strive for and your K/D didn't matter just your rank.

And it wasn't like games today where you rank up just for playing. No, you really had to earn it and maintain it was even harder.

In titanfall you can see you K/D, minion kills, domination points etc. and the. You get a review section at the end of the match that shows your gun and Titan progress and gives you stuff etc

The majority of shooters would benefit from only showing the player his/her stats and showing objective based stats on the public leaderboards.

While it would be something that protects bad players from ridicule, it would also keep good players that are obsessed with k/d from douchey playstyles and using tactics that serve no purpose but to pad their stats.

Titanfall already caters to players that are bad at shooters by having game modes with bots and real players on the same team so I'm having a hard time understanding the value in stats that can be padded by choosing to just engage bots in multiplayer.

is it friday yet ? 

just give me this HC SnD already. Lets goooo

Got a **** load of vacation days not even embarrassed to say it but I'm taking off with no dambs 

Back
Top Bottom