XI / 11 / ELEVEN: Need Opinions on 1995 OG Black/True Reds VS. 2001 Black/Varsity Reds

Originally Posted by th3answ3r

where can i get these shoes? a reliable website that doesn't sell fakes

Hey there, you're best looking for a private deal and runnin a Legit/Fake check here on NT once you find a pair if you're not sure. You're not gonna find OGs on a website anywhere, beyond a private party or unless one of the major Jordan retailer/trade-in joints (that one in L.A. & NYC...blankin on the name) scores a turned-in pair, which they'll in turn sell for an OUTRAGEOUS amount, like $400-$600 based on the prices I've seen there...maybe even more, depending on condition.
You might, just maybe be able to score some new '04 XIIIs on a collector site but again, they'll chart thru the nose for'em which for most folks won't work.
I just recommend lookin on NT, ISS or eBay for a good sale on kicks of this vintage. It's realistically your only option.
What do the rest of you think?

Originally Posted by th3answ3r

where can i get these shoes? a reliable website that doesn't sell fakes

Hey there, you're best looking for a private deal and runnin a Legit/Fake check here on NT once you find a pair if you're not sure. You're not gonna find OGs on a website anywhere, beyond a private party or unless one of the major Jordan retailer/trade-in joints (that one in L.A. & NYC...blankin on the name) scores a turned-in pair, which they'll in turn sell for an OUTRAGEOUS amount, like $400-$600 based on the prices I've seen there...maybe even more, depending on condition.
You might, just maybe be able to score some new '04 XIIIs on a collector site but again, they'll chart thru the nose for'em which for most folks won't work.
I just recommend lookin on NT, ISS or eBay for a good sale on kicks of this vintage. It's realistically your only option.
What do the rest of you think?

Alright I couldn't stop myself. Scored some 2001 Retros to go with my OGs. Pick-up for $140 shipped w/out matching laces. They're not beat-up at all (especially not the uppers) but the soles are way more worn than my OGs. Nice to have another pair & I like the subtle differences between the two... the Jumpman embroidered, the blacked out edge/rim of the patent leather, the darker Varsity Red and darker carbon fiber plate. They're cool.
I took some side by sides to see the differences and was amazed that the entire height of both the shoe and the patent leather are noticeably lower.
The other really obvious difference that you would never know until they're held in your hands or on your feet is the weight between OGs and '01s. The OGs have a full encapsulated air-sole unit and are MUCH heavier than the retros which I presume is Zoom Air? If there's regular Air in the '01s I'd be shocked as they feel about as cushy but are significantly lighter weight. Intersting change...
Here's the pics:
Worn Sat.

Side by Side comparison w/OG pair:
'01 On Right

'01 On Right

'01 forefront

'01 On Left

Alright I couldn't stop myself. Scored some 2001 Retros to go with my OGs. Pick-up for $140 shipped w/out matching laces. They're not beat-up at all (especially not the uppers) but the soles are way more worn than my OGs. Nice to have another pair & I like the subtle differences between the two... the Jumpman embroidered, the blacked out edge/rim of the patent leather, the darker Varsity Red and darker carbon fiber plate. They're cool.
I took some side by sides to see the differences and was amazed that the entire height of both the shoe and the patent leather are noticeably lower.
The other really obvious difference that you would never know until they're held in your hands or on your feet is the weight between OGs and '01s. The OGs have a full encapsulated air-sole unit and are MUCH heavier than the retros which I presume is Zoom Air? If there's regular Air in the '01s I'd be shocked as they feel about as cushy but are significantly lighter weight. Intersting change...
Here's the pics:
Worn Sat.

'01 On Right

'01 On Right

'01 forefront

'01 On Left

Originally Posted by SkiDRUMattiX

Here's the pics:
Worn Sat.

'01 On Right

'01 On Right

'01 forefront

'01 On Left

on that last shot , i can really see the difference between the cut on the patent leather. also the red sole looks brighter on the og compared to the retro. I wish the og had black liner on the patent leather like the retro makes the shoe look better imo

Originally Posted by SkiDRUMattiX

Here's the pics:
Worn Sat.

'01 On Right

'01 On Right

'01 forefront

'01 On Left

on that last shot , i can really see the difference between the cut on the patent leather. also the red sole looks brighter on the og compared to the retro. I wish the og had black liner on the patent leather like the retro makes the shoe look better imo

I would say your good with buying either pair og or 01 retro . i owned both and i can say the og runs a bit smaller(.5) and seems to have a bit more ankle padding. Here is my pair of ogs for reference.

I would say your good with buying either pair og or 01 retro . i owned both and i can say the og runs a bit smaller(.5) and seems to have a bit more ankle padding. Here is my pair of ogs for reference.

Back
Top Bottom