XXI Pics - Brought to you by GetHigh420

nerd.gif
similar?

104014455.jpg
104014520.jpg

This guy Edwards has one good design: the Carmelo 1.5.

How pathetic that the standard for new J's has fallen so far that NTer's are relieved when the new J's are "not that bad". They're supposed to be the best thing out there, but for years now Flightposites or 2K4's have been the best Nike products.

whoa whoa whoa. wait a minute.

the 1.5 are not good.

the shoes will undoubtedly grow on us. but dwayne edwards has never really wowed me. i got the nu'retro 2s cuz they were hella comfortable and not pretty good for balling. 18.5s are kinda cool, but not amazing. in different, nicer colorways, the xxi has hope. the white black ones arent amazing.
I am Caesar

First of all, I haven't really seen the pictures, because the bandwidth has been exceeded on the first few pics of the first page (bsides the outsole)...

In defense of D'Wayne Edwards and the XXI, a lot of the direction of any shoe is dictated by the marketer/marketing team. I'm sure there are a lot of other ideas D'Wayne had which were really cool but never made it to the proto stage.

I thought the Melo 1.5 was okay. It had specific design intent, so it wasn't like he could just design the shoe different from that target. He's got a really clean style... try to imagine the 21 pics in different blockings...

The formula is pretty simple:

White + Red + Jumpman = FIRE

Anyhow, just wanted to stick up for Edwards since most of the posts I've been reading on this thread have been knocking him.

I don't think there is any other shoe that could put more pressure on you than designing the next pair of J's.

PS. can anyone re-host those pics?

The thing that baffles me is the overlasted midsole....

This seems like a trend that was over 2-3 years ago, and shouldn't be present on the AJ XXI...

^ i wonder if overlasting is really a trend. i think it'll always come back in one form or another. i mean, isn't it technically from dress shoes WAY back? but i hear u about it sorta fading out. doesn't really bother me tho.

i like the XXI. i think it'll look awesome in white/red. i want to see the details on it... those will make/break the shoe. i can see why ppl are crying reebok... but i think rbk took some pages from nike in trying to make their shoes look cleaner when they were doing some of the earlier ATR stuff a few years back... but some of those shoes were clearly biting old Jordan styling. the XXi will definitely be built better than all the rbk shoes out now.

i don't really like the outsole though... the pod/bubble thing just looks weird to me.

can't wait to see clearer pics... thanks.

reminds me too much of an iverson shoe or and1's....
but im sure it'll look beter later on

just wait, people are goin to hate it now, but once it comes out, everyones guna get it
<<<this really works!

JB is falling off :x
sick.gif

atleast they look better than the XXs.

i k o n [/b]
Got the 8 whips bout to trade in for a spaceship, call me NASA man, insides plasma fam, I got a warrant? I'm in orbit, come after Cam...[/b]

^^^no they dont...20's best jays ever made.
*BigShasta Quote Of The Week*: Big Shasta = Greatest Nike Talk Name Ever.-jumpman247

I think the XXI look cool. So many people are hating like they did the XX. But when the XX released everyone copped.

Shoelova90- No pics in your sig, please.

Here's the rules on signatures from the Rules of Conduct page ...

Section 3 - Images and Signatures:
Signatures must abide by the following restrictions:

i. Font may be no larger than size "2"

ii. A signature may consist of no more than 5 lines. This includes blank lines.
Then in our News & Updates forum, you'll find this updated thread ...

FYI: ** PICS IN SIGS ARE NOT ALLOWED**

Please edit your sig to five lines of normal sized text with no pics. Send me a message when you've gotten it taken care of (in case you don't know how, you click my name, then click 'Send me a message!', then ... ummm ... type ... your ... message.

Thanks, dude!

happy.gif

<>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> 23ska for short <<<<<<<[/b]
(Chick Hearn page from nba.com) I grew up going mainly to ANGELS and LAKERS games, but I will ALWAYS cheer for my wife's home team (UK WILDCATS) and ALL the rest of MY home teams (SPARKS, XTREME, CLIPPERS, PADRES, DUCKS, TROJANS, CHARGERS, AVENGERS, DODGERS, BRUINS, KINGS, GALAXY).​

look like a combo of the II and the Pro Strong from 97...

they DO look like And1..whoever said that is right.

Imagination doesn't consider the possibilities....it creates them.

<The Game>...................with And 1's in every color like Iced T's.</The Game>
Life is hard, but you have to know to keep your head up. Even when you feel like your neck is broke.
Sell me your size 13 Stealth XX's NOW!!!!! AIM: SmoothTalker365

as a lot of people mentioned ... they look like and1's or reeboks 2 me ..... looks like we have to wait for the finished product still.

:frown:
frown.gif

It looks like Nike took a step back. these look like plain Jordan brand shoes. The Jeter 643 looks better than those,and the 643's were white bread!

Back
Top Bottom