XXL 2011 Freshman Midterms. how do you view their half year?

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by Bm0re23410

xxl-freshmen-2011-top.jpg

Only based on Music Making Ability .  [ Not Swag ! ] 

Diggy - B

YG - C+

Meek Millz - B+

Kedrick Lamar - A

Mac Miller - C

YelaWolf - A-

Fred Da GodSon - B

Twist - C-

Cyhi Da Prince - C+ [ Only heard maybe 2 or 3 songs from him . ]
how is kedrick an A, but meek a b?

cause PERSONALLY Meek is just
tired.gif
to me .  Kendrick is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by Bm0re23410

Only based on Music Making Ability .  [ Not Swag ! ] 

Diggy - B

YG - C+

Meek Millz - B+

Kedrick Lamar - A

Mac Miller - C

YelaWolf - A-

Fred Da GodSon - B

Twist - C-

Cyhi Da Prince - C+ [ Only heard maybe 2 or 3 songs from him . ]
how is kedrick an A, but meek a b?

cause PERSONALLY Meek is just
tired.gif
to me .  Kendrick is
pimp.gif

The only guy I really see blowing up is Meek

Krit and Kendrick are dope, but Meek got hit making potential

All he needed was that push Ross and MMG gave him. Ima Boss and Tupac back are two of the top 5 songs of the summer imo

All he needed was that push Ross and MMG gave him. Ima Boss and Tupac back are two of the top 5 songs of the summer imo

Originally Posted by devv

Meek Mill....blowing up as far as being on tracks with rappers that people actually want to hear? Meek Mill as a solo artist won't sell a damn thing.
roll.gif
@ that guy in here giving Fred Da Godson a "B" for what he's done this past year. There is nobody off the internet that knows who the hell Fred Da Godson is man. He's bound to be a mixtape rapper for the rest of his career. He's the funniest looking dude on the list though I'll give him that.

Lil B, Big Krit, CyHi, Yelawolf and Kendrick Lamar all have a following but the guy with the most long lasting commercial potential is Mac Miller by far. I can't see any of the rest of them having much of a commercial career except Lil B and Big K.R.I.T.

Originally Posted by devv

Meek Mill....blowing up as far as being on tracks with rappers that people actually want to hear? Meek Mill as a solo artist won't sell a damn thing.
roll.gif
@ that guy in here giving Fred Da Godson a "B" for what he's done this past year. There is nobody off the internet that knows who the hell Fred Da Godson is man. He's bound to be a mixtape rapper for the rest of his career. He's the funniest looking dude on the list though I'll give him that.

Lil B, Big Krit, CyHi, Yelawolf and Kendrick Lamar all have a following but the guy with the most long lasting commercial potential is Mac Miller by far. I can't see any of the rest of them having much of a commercial career except Lil B and Big K.R.I.T.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Da breakout star is meek mill....& son been grindin so congrats to him...

Fred is cool...but his spot was really vado's actual spot.

Still tryin' to understand why they aint put french montana on there..

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Da breakout star is meek mill....& son been grindin so congrats to him...

Fred is cool...but his spot was really vado's actual spot.

Still tryin' to understand why they aint put french montana on there..

Originally Posted by sonunox34

Originally Posted by kobe4threebang

Mac miller>>>>>>everybody on that list

Whats funny? when it comes to rapping ability its between him, krit, and lamar. 

Plus mac has more buzz/appeal then both of them combined
son shut DOWN sites with his last tape
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

update
Big K.R.I.T. - A+ (best album of the group)
Lil B - C ( im gay is dope but he needs more cooking )
Diggy - B ( that 106 money)
YG - D ( but i hear he gots sum hits playing in LA)
Meek Millz - A+( the top dogg, im a boss is like a year old and easily the summer banger next to IM on ONE.
Kedrick Lamar - A+ ( section 80 shows he's here to stay
Mac Miller - C (
YelaWolf - C
Fred Da GodSon - F
Twist - F
Cyhi Da Prince D

update
Big K.R.I.T. - A+ (best album of the group)
Lil B - C ( im gay is dope but he needs more cooking )
Diggy - B ( that 106 money)
YG - D ( but i hear he gots sum hits playing in LA)
Meek Millz - A+( the top dogg, im a boss is like a year old and easily the summer banger next to IM on ONE.
Kedrick Lamar - A+ ( section 80 shows he's here to stay
Mac Miller - C (
YelaWolf - C
Fred Da GodSon - F
Twist - F
Cyhi Da Prince D

people underestimate Mac Miller's buzz right now. It surprised me how hard he blew up. Even a lot of older non rap blog heads know OF him as that real young white rapper, although they may have never heard any of his music.

people underestimate Mac Miller's buzz right now. It surprised me how hard he blew up. Even a lot of older non rap blog heads know OF him as that real young white rapper, although they may have never heard any of his music.

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

pimp.gif
That's just because he has a much bigger fan base. He's the popular one of tat group. He's a white kid with a bunch of Black and Hispanic friends, who gets paid without a 9-5 and can be a kid and smoke weed all day. My 'far east movement katy perry new boyz bruno mars and the cataracs' loving friendslike Mac Miller for christs sake
roll.gif

But none of that means he's better than Krit or Lamar.

pimp.gif
That's just because he has a much bigger fan base. He's the popular one of tat group. He's a white kid with a bunch of Black and Hispanic friends, who gets paid without a 9-5 and can be a kid and smoke weed all day. My 'far east movement katy perry new boyz bruno mars and the cataracs' loving friendslike Mac Miller for christs sake
roll.gif

pimp.gif

So what?  That doesn't mean it was a good tape.  

pimp.gif

So what?  That doesn't mean it was a good tape.  

Rapping ability? Meek Mill is a better rapper than Mac Miller. Mac Miller = Sam Adams IMO, he's got crazy appeal with college white girls and he got a bunch of og hiphop legends to cosign. But I don't really see it, everything about his music is superficial. still he has been on the grind though i'll give him that and if not for K dot Meek and Krit would have had the best year out of this bunch.

Rapping ability? Meek Mill is a better rapper than Mac Miller. Mac Miller = Sam Adams IMO, he's got crazy appeal with college white girls and he got a bunch of og hiphop legends to cosign. But I don't really see it, everything about his music is superficial. still he has been on the grind though i'll give him that and if not for K dot Meek and Krit would have had the best year out of this bunch.

Originally Posted by HelloHipHop4000

pimp.gif
roll.gif

THIS add asher roth and *insert name of dubstep DJ that everyone claims is better then every other dubstep DJ*  prob Rusko lol

He has the college buzz right now.  But so did Asher and so did Mike Posner.  Time will tell.  But to say Mac is a better rapper then the top artists on that list is stupid.

Its obvious Krit is the best rapper on the list.  I think Kendrick may be second.

Waiting on the rest really.  Yelawolf's tape was pretty solid though

Back
Top Bottom