Years and Years (BBC x HBO Show)

Apparently this aired on BBC One earlier this year and now HBO is airing it for the US. Episode 1 is up. Started watching it, has a Black Mirror vibe (and the Pig ****er from Black Mirror is in this) but also a bit more comedic. But from what I gather in the trailer, things are going to take a turn for the worst.

Black Mirror had an episode called The Waldo Moment which came out before Trump's political rise but a lot of people drew similarities between that episode and Trump's rhetoric. This show is well aware of Trump and has him in mind the whole time as well as Brexit obviously.

Last edited:
You watch it yet?

If so, what’s your opinion on the first ep.

Like I mentioned before, it has a strong Black Mirror vibe to it. Shows how technology is improving but also fundamentally altering our lives. At the same time, Trump/Brexit loom largely over the episode. The trailer alludes to a dystopian near future where people's rights will be limited and it all started with the election of Viv Rook (a British stand-in for Trump) and escalating tension between China and the US, Russia's takeover of Ukraine, etc. The idea is that this is the world we're currently living in and we're headed towards a very bleak near future. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how this series progresses.

:lol: Idk why I completely disregarded and missed the part where you said you “started watching it.”
787ECFF2-860E-41EE-B54B-895A44B5F43D.png

I didn’t even know about this show until yesterday night when I saw it pop up on my HBO Go and I Master Zik Master Zik in the movie thread about it to see if he had heard anything about it.

Saw an article when I was looking into it calling this something like “HBO’s Summer of Dread.” This, Chernobyl & Euphoria are all heavy *** shows that are all coincidentally mini-series (Euphoria being a mini-series only in ep length).

And idc where he appeared first, his name ain’t pig ****er, it’s John Clare. :lol:

Put some respek on my man’s name.

Really enjoyed the first two episodes. Probably gonna watch another tonight.

For me the black mirror similarities are pretty much limited to the overlapping technology/dystopian themes.

Has a completely different feel other than. It's pretty funny and the pacing so far has been really intriguing. If it keeps up like this for all six episodes we got one.

Episode 4 was lit. I respect how the grandmother kicked out her own grandson over the infidelity. And that ending was effed up.

Episode 4:frown::angry::smh:
Was tellin my wife Daniel should've arranged all the stuff for Viktor instead of going with him.
When **** hits the fan with society like that it pays to have dirt on your hands or know how to move illegally or know how to go about that.
Daniel aint it.
Viktor though can handle himself just fine, as we saw.
Great ending with the family rushing to the house

Stephen is an idiot btw

Got the last 2 episodes in the chamber just in case it becomes slow for us TV wise, but sundays are usually big nights for us and a couple of netflix shows just premiered, so may just watch them when they air in US

Back
Top Bottom