YELLOWED MIDSOLES on AF1s - any advice pls ?

Now I have some yellowed midsoles on a very dear pair of AF1s back from 1996. The midsoles are white, and have yellowed slightly.
Any ideas on how to get it back to white ?

angelus paint ? seaglow ?

I did some searching but no specific results on AF1s aside from all the jobs done on the XI midsole etc.

Now I have some yellowed midsoles on a very dear pair of AF1s back from 1996. The midsoles are white, and have yellowed slightly.
Any ideas on how to get it back to white ?

angelus paint ? seaglow ?

I did some searching but no specific results on AF1s aside from all the jobs done on the XI midsole etc.

^^ as well as that works, it wont take the yellowing out of shoes that age.

try using some really fine grain sand paper and sanding it down, it will take the yellowing away but doesnt always keep the original surface (smooths it out)

or just paint them using angleus

^^ as well as that works, it wont take the yellowing out of shoes that age.

try using some really fine grain sand paper and sanding it down, it will take the yellowing away but doesnt always keep the original surface (smooths it out)

or just paint them using angleus

There's some tooth whitening gel that's supposed to work wonders on AF1 midsoles, I've heard. I'm not exactly sure about the brand, but it's been discussed in the Restoration post in Sneaker Showcase.

There's some tooth whitening gel that's supposed to work wonders on AF1 midsoles, I've heard. I'm not exactly sure about the brand, but it's been discussed in the Restoration post in Sneaker Showcase.

Dudes that make Seaglow say it works on midsoles
Even made a video demonstration
The rubbing compound they use on automobiles works too

Dudes that make Seaglow say it works on midsoles
Even made a video demonstration
The rubbing compound they use on automobiles works too

wink.gif
check the sneaker showcase restoration post.

you can get this at Walgreen's or even on ebay. ($7-
glasses.gif

34gorhx.jpg

wink.gif
check the sneaker showcase restoration post.

you can get this at Walgreen's or even on ebay. ($7-
glasses.gif

34gorhx.jpg

Interesting. I may give my Walgreen's a shot.

I feel like selling every single pair of AF1's I have left. I just don't wear them anymore.

Interesting. I may give my Walgreen's a shot.

I feel like selling every single pair of AF1's I have left. I just don't wear them anymore.

nice, If you scratch soles will white just come off and you will see yellow again? just curious I got some air force ones i tested with acrylic paint and I know it should be something better to use than that paint.

nice, If you scratch soles will white just come off and you will see yellow again? just curious I got some air force ones i tested with acrylic paint and I know it should be something better to use than that paint.

Back
Top Bottom