Yet another sexual abuse allegation in college sports...Syracuse

Watching Sportscenter right now, an OTL report on basketball assistant coach Bernie Fine molesting a former ball boy
30t6p3b.gif

What the $%*% is going on in the world today
frown.gif

3cd8a33a.png

Link:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...investigating-bernie-fine-molesting-boy-1980s
Spoiler [+]
Bernie Fine target of police inquiryEmailPrintComments253By Mark Schwarz and Arty BerkoESPNSyracuse police say they are investigating an allegation that Syracuse University assistant basketball coach Bernie Fine molested a team ball boy for more than a dozen years beginning in the mid-1980s.Police stressed to Outside The Lines they are in the early stages of the investigation.FineThe alleged victim, Bobby Davis, now 39, told Outside the Lines that Fine molested him beginning in 1983 shortly before Davis entered the seventh grade. Davis, the team's ball boy for six years beginning in 1984, said the abuse occurred at Fine's home, at the Syracuse basketball facilities, and on road trips, including the 1987 Final Four.In addition, a second man -- a relative of Davis -- told OTL that he was also molested by Fine around the same time as the first boy.Fine is now in his 35th season as an assistant to head coach Jim Boeheim.Davis said he never told Boeheim about the alleged abuse.A message was left for Boeheim.The Syracuse University Athletic Department, when contacted by Outside the Lines, was not immediately available for comment.A source told Outside the Lines that Syracuse police and a high-ranking member of the Syracuse University police met on Thursday to discuss the allegation by Davis.Davis said that Fine molested him at Fine's home, at the basketball facilities at Syracuse, on recruiting road trips and even at the 1987 Final Four. Davis said he was Fine's constant companion at all those places. He said that Boeheim would come into Fine's room, and see Davis lying on the Fine's bed, but never asked him any questions.Davis said he was molested by Fine until he was around 27 years old. Through the years, he said he has felt bitter emotions over the molestation as sex scandals have emerged in the Catholic Church and lately with former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky.Davis said he reported the abuse to Syracuse police in 2003, but that a detective told him that the statute of limitations had run out. Davis said the detective told him that if he knew of boys being molested by Fine at the time, that Syracuse police would investigate those allegations. Davis said he told the detective that he thought other boys were being molested but that he had only direct knowledge of Fine molesting him.At the time, the Syracuse police chief was Dennis Duval, a former Syracuse basketball player for Boeheim. Duval, who retired in 2004, could not be reached for comment. He played at Syracuse from 1971 to 1974, and started with the Syracuse Police Department in 1978.Outside the Lines investigated Davis's story in 2003 but decided not to run the story because there were no other victims who would talk, and no independent evidence to corroborate the boy's story. In recent days, a second man contacted Outside the Lines with information alleging that Fine had also molested him. That man said he was inspired to finally talk after seeing news coverage of the Sandusky case.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...investigating-bernie-fine-molesting-boy-1980s
-at Fine's home, at Cuse facilites and on road trips. 

-Starting in 1983 all the way up until the man was 27

-Boeheim would come into Fine's hotel room and see the boy on the bed. Kid never told Boeheim and Boeheim never asked.

-there's a supposed 2nd victim.

- went to police in '03 but police told him that the statute of limitations had run out. Police chief was at the time, a former Syracuse player.

Is this a joke?

indifferent.gif
tired.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Twilight24xJet

Watching Sportscenter right now, an OTL report on basketball assistant coach Bernie Fine molesting a former ball boy
30t6p3b.gif

What the +@*% is going on in the world today
frown.gif

Same #+!$ that's always been going on, now its just way easier to find out about it.

They are talkin about this on SNY during halftime of the UConn game. It's sickening. But they said that this went on until the man was in his late teens, earlier twenties did I hear that right? Why didn't he seek help then?

Originally Posted by PoloLax

They are talkin about this on SNY during halftime of the UConn game. It's sickening. But they said that this went on until the man was in his late teens, earlier twenties did I hear that right? Why didn't he seek help then?
yea up until 27, if this is a cover up I am done with the school, after all the comments made by Boeheim on the Penn st scandal you would think he didnt know anything about this but to tell you the truth I think its another cover up, disgusting

Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG

...All the way up until he was 27?

thats what i dont get. i even thought it was fishy in the penn st case how some of the boys say it went on for months even years.  but up till the age of 27? c'mon after the first couples of times what do they just not put up a fight? 

Originally Posted by abutta13

thats what i dont get. i even thought it was fishy in the penn st case how some of the boys say it went on for months even years.  but up till the age of 27? c'mon after the first couples of times what do they just not put up a fight? 

I can see being emotionally hurt as a teen, but at 27 I don't know what to tell you. And what made him start talking now at the age of 39?
Seems to me like someone is trying to ride the wave of this Penn State scandal.

And %@# is wrong with college coaches? Is molesting young boys really this popular among them? 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Originally Posted by abutta13

I can see being emotionally hurt as a teen, but at 27 I don't know what to tell you. And what made him start talking now at the age of 39?
Seems to me like someone is trying to ride the wave of this Penn State scandal.

And %@# is wrong with college coaches? Is molesting young boys really this popular among them? 
sick.gif

My assumption is that dude was +!*+%% in the head...the Penn State mess has only now given him the courage to come out about what went on in his life. 

Back
Top Bottom