Yi Over Bosh, Pierce? No Way

Originally Posted by marath0n

Damn Chinese.
Chill
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by yungmatt

^Anything is possible... But at the end of the day I cant really see Yi ever being the 2nd most popular PF in the east or west.

Chinese players as popular as Yao dont come along too often anyway so I dont really see it being a problem
You failed to get the point. Its not about popularity. If someone from China does make it to the NBA, and they start and play games, the Chinesepeople WILL give that man 1st place votes.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

^Anything is possible... But at the end of the day I cant really see Yi ever being the 2nd most popular PF in the east or west.

Chinese players as popular as Yao dont come along too often anyway so I dont really see it being a problem
You failed to get the point. Its not about popularity.

Its not? What is the point of voting then? You really think that people dont vote for their favorite players? Isnt Iverson a leading vote getter right now?Should he be? No. But people vote for their favorite players. Thats how its always been, and always will be. Yi is one of China's favorite players. Whyshouldnt they vote for him?

actually i find this sorta of thing quite entertaining, and i am rather interested in finding out if china can get this man to start
laugh.gif

%!*# cares about the all star game REALLY? like after its over, we all move on. At least this adds some storyline to it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

You failed to get the point. Its not about popularity.

Its not? What is the point of voting then? You really think that people dont vote for their favorite players? Isnt Iverson a leading vote getter right now? Should he be? No. But people vote for their favorite players. Thats how its always been, and always will be. Yi is one of China's favorite players. Why shouldnt they vote for him?
I was quoting what the other guy said, about another guy from China being in the NBA. I said, there can be another guy from China who isn't aspopular, but he'd still get a lot of votes, because he is Chinese.

You failed to get the point. Its not about popularity. If someone from China does make it to the NBA, and they start and play games, the Chinese people WILL give that man 1st place votes.

You make no sense
laugh.gif

I guess you forgot that YI DOES START and still IS NOT getting first place votes.

So Like I said, to whoever cares about the all star game... Chinese players as popular as Yao dont come along too often anyway so I dont really see it being aproblem .

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
it's called "fan" voting for a reason, since when did the all-star game reward the best players, even before Yi? Until they change theway they vote for all-stars, it's just a popularity contest and no one should look in to it too much in regards to the merit of the players.

This is SlamEd's idea, which I think needs to happen.

But seriously. Let the coaches and players pick the All-Stars in January, leave one spot open, then give the fans a two-week period to vote for the final reserve on each team. Coaches of each team pick the starters, so if the West wanted to start a front line of Shaq, Yao and Duncan, they could.

The whole point of fan voting is that it doesn't matter why you voted for them. The fan decides that reason and decides who. Just because the player gotjokes and is friendly to the media? Sure. Just because they have a popular sneaker commercial? Sure. Just because they used to be good but suck this season?Sure. Just because they are Chinese? ABSOLUTELY. IT DOESN'T MATTER.

There is a separate contest where the fan has no say, as it should be. Its called the MVP award, All NBA First Team, etc. Don't confuse the All Star Gamewith this.

Originally Posted by brunotattaglia

The whole point of fan voting is that it doesn't matter why you voted for them. The fan decides that reason and decides who. Just because the player got jokes and is friendly to the media? Sure. Just because they have a popular sneaker commercial? Sure. Just because they used to be good but suck this season? Sure. Just because they are Chinese? ABSOLUTELY. IT DOESN'T MATTER.

There is a separate contest where the fan has no say, as it should be. Its called the MVP award, All NBA First Team, etc. Don't confuse the All Star Game with this.

What's the first thing you see when you're reading about a player? It's so-and-so is a 3-time All-Star, 7-time All-Star, whatever. Why should thathave nothing at all to do with actual basketball skill? I think fan voting is stupid, especially in friggin November/December.

Back
Top Bottom