Yo Do They Still Have "Black College Weekend"??

laugh.gif

Does this even still go on?

From '00 to '03 we used to mobb out to Kings Dominion/Richmond VA hard...

...man that @!++ used to be nuthin but
roll.gif

Shorties from all over, parties all nite, random rappers roaming the streets, an abundance of throwback jerseys and Jordans, parking lots fights, one-shots with unnattractive females, cheesy long distance phone relationships with sorority girls from Virginia Union...

...what in the hell else could you possibly ask for?

pimp.gif

Plus the free concerts in Kings Dominion used to be
pimp.gif
too...

...where else would you see BYB, Joe Budden, Keith Murray, and State Property all hit the same stage?

^Naw, ''Black College Weekend'' in VA was better than homecomings cuz it was nice and warm in the spring...

...however; excellent use of the word ''galavant'' if I do say so myself
laugh.gif
. Y

They still had it when I was in school, but I didn't ever go.

My dudes from college went in '03 and one of them N's got jumped......and his homeboys left him
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
sick.gif

^Naw, ''Black College Weekend'' in VA was better than homecomings cuz it was nice and warm in the spring...

Cosign...

But dudes used to act a fool up in Kings Dominion...

Fights always broke out all across the park...

Chicks was everywhere too... Plus random celebs roaming around the park like it was nothin...

We went back in '04 - '05 and had a blast... But I heard people were gettin shot down in some parts of VA where they continued the festivities...

They need to bring it back to Kings Dominon tho...
pimp.gif

They did a few years ago but I don't think it's a regular thing anymore. Of course now that kings dominion is 15 min from where I go to school they don't have it anymore. Smh.

mnah i think my city put a stop to that...

people kept getting shot year after year....

ppl used to come down to Richmond afterwards and just chill on broad st...i was in my last yr of highschool when they had it last time…I was out there posted up like

..alot of females wearing nothing...alot of drinking....smoking...then they shot some dude while he was drivin his SUV and that was the end of "college day"

They used to have to block broad street it was so much traffic from people chillin

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 I was a freshman at VUU in 03. People were on broad street HARD that year and the next. But then it kept getting weaker and weaker.
Gold Bowl >>>>>>>*

It was still poppin in 04', Broad Street was off the chain.

But if you wanna talk about Black College Weekends, you gotta go with Daytona Beach from 1991 - 2002. That was straight raunchy. I'm too old for that kind of stuff now, but it would be fun to do it one last time.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

...however; excellent use of the word ''galavant'' if I do say so myself
laugh.gif
. Y

[h2]gal·li·vant[/h2][sup][/sup]  Ã¢€‚[gal-uh-vant,gal-uh-vant] Show IPA

–verb (used without object)
to wander about, seeking pleasure or diversion; gad.

to go about with members of the opposite sex.

roll.gif

Being from Richmond, this used to be the dopest weekend ever.
smokin.gif

Truth is, the city shut the whole thing down after to many shootings every year. The last year was when a guy got shot on broad st and folks in the city were tired of it.

Dudes was getting wild ignant in the streets.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by VaGixxer

Being from Richmond, this used to be the dopest weekend ever.
smokin.gif

Truth is, the city shut the whole thing down after to many shootings every year. The last year was when a guy got shot on broad st and folks in the city were tired of it.

Dudes was getting wild ignant in the streets.
tired.gif
tired.gif
 Yeah that was my man's....they gave him the Alonzo shot to the ***

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

It was still poppin in 04', Broad Street was off the chain.

But if you wanna talk about Black College Weekends, you gotta go with Daytona Beach from 1991 - 2002. That was straight raunchy. I'm too old for that kind of stuff now, but it would be fun to do it one last time.

Maaaaan Daytona Beach was legend status, we used to always hear stories about that !@+%...

...I remember in '97 we (high school track team) drove down from D.C. to Gainesville for a big meet in March - we got our @+!+@ handed to us in like every race, Ns aint even care though
laugh.gif
, the coaches kept gettin' pissed cuz we'd be in the back of the bus screamin' at the driver like, ''N make a left and got to Daytona!!!! 
roll.gif

But if you wanna talk about Black College Weekends, you gotta go with Daytona Beach from 1991 - 2002.

That's exactly what I thought this thread was about.  I remember me and my boys went in 02 and had a ball.  Lots of half-naked chicks everywhere.  That reminds me, I gotta make my plans for Bike Week in Myrtle Beach this year
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom