YO! JOHN MAYER IS MAD ILL SON!! (HIP-HOP IS DEAD)

By first impressions you wouldn't think of me as a John Mayer fan, but I gotta admit, Continuum is pure heat.

Before this, only material I heard from John Mayer was the song with Kanye.

John Mayer, you're super ill son.

I know I'm going to seem like an elitist, but I dread the day that the urban (rap) community get their hands on this guy. Approaching legendary status, hedeserve spins across the music world; so I love to see people actually listen to his work.

John Mayer is such a great artist, its unbelievable. Puts on the best live shows, his music sounds 100x better live than on CD and that's hard to believebecause of how good he already is.

Any Given Thursday

^ Was w/ Trick Daddy talkin bout opening a day care center for mamas to take they kids to while they go to the club. Hilarious.

Originally Posted by TCW 96

By first impressions you wouldn't think of me as a John Mayer fan, but I gotta admit, Continuum is pure heat.

Before this, only material I heard from John Mayer was the song with Kanye.

John Mayer, you're super ill son.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I findthis so funny for some reason. John Mayer is the shhh but who are you? like why wouldnt I think you the type to be into John Mayer?
roll.gif
my dude you said he super ill

Check the rest of his albums and what does John Mayer have to do with hip hop being dead?

*waits for Hugebird to come in and shh on John Mayer*

smokin.gif

Saw him in LA last saturday, he played acoustic, then with the John Mayer Trio, then the full band...
smokin.gif

Plus there is gonna be a DVD of this show...

went to his concert this past saturday at tha nokia center with my girl. all i gotta say is, bangin!!

I find this so funny for some reason. John Mayer is the shhh but who are you? like why wouldnt think you the type to be into John Mayer?
roll.gif
my dude you said he super ill
Im sayin right?
laugh.gif

I plan on giving his music a listen one day soon. I dont normally dip into other genres outta my element like that, but I can mess wit dude from what Iheard...

^^^^^The concert was !%%$+#% dope...I wish he would've played a longer acoustic set but the trio made up for it
smokin.gif

And the Nokia Theater is very nice better than any venue down here in SD, plus i found $10 parking across the street

I don't see what John Mayer being ill has to do with hiphop being dead. Are you trying to say that you only listened to him because of the current state ofhiphop? If that's the case your're losing on two levels.

One because you should always be open to atleast give any artist/genre a chance you never know what you'll apreciate. Never thought I'd say this but, Imiss going to a prodominately majority school.

Two I take you listen to a lot of mainstream music, given the guy in your avy and your statement, thus what you consider hiphop isn't actually hiphop.There are plenty of quality artist out there not named Jay, Nas, Kanye etc dropping heat. Get'cha underground lp/ up and comer mixtape search on mella

I don't see what John Mayer being ill has to do with hiphop being dead. Are you trying to say that you only listened to him because of the current state ofhiphop? If that's the case your're losing on two levels.

One because you should always be open to atleast give any artist/genre a chance you never know what you'll apreciate. Never thought I'd say this but, Imiss going to a prodominately majority school.

Two I take you listen to a lot of mainstream music, given the guy in your avy and your statement, thus what you consider hiphop isn't actually hiphop.There are plenty of quality artist out there not named Jay, Nas, Kanye etc dropping heat. Get'cha underground lp/ up and comer mixtape search on mella

surprisingly my white friends don't like him at all, one said he slurs his speech and they can't make out what he says...?!...whatever
Neon, Vultures, Slow Dancing are my joints

I like him. But not necessarily because of his music; it's good but nothing special. I just think dude's funny.

the boy usually got some fire on his feet

...n his music is pretty good...saw him in concert at tech n wasnt disappointed

I thought Continuum should've won the Grammy for album of the year...seriously,i'm suprised it took this album for people to wake up, even though hedid change his approach...I always thought he was one of the more "musically intelligent" in the world..props to my man.

Hahaha that show was awesome

But yeh i've been a mayer fan since his first album, Continuum is just wow ... one of my personal favourites.

Back
Top Bottom