Yo NT, my beater just topped 200k miles :hat

pimp.gif
how do you maintain it though? regular oil change/ tune ups? I have a 94 integra 99 thousand miles hope i can make it near 200k

i own a 90 lexus es 250 and it has 246K on it but have a new transmission and and new engine @ 200k

Im at 187 on my 99 accord. I have a feeling its going to die on me before 200 though.

my 93 honda accord had 240 000 ... my uncle really took care of that bad boy.. running well all that.. too bad someone stole it ..

Originally Posted by Nktran001

All the og parts?
The piece that connects the throttle cable to the engine broke off at 190k because i tried to do a peel out in the snow
laugh.gif

outbackbob24wrote:
pimp.gif
how do you maintain it though? regular oil change/ tune ups?

oil change every 6 or 7 thousand miles...no tune ups

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

Originally Posted by Nktran001

All the og parts?
The piece that connects the throttle cable to the engine broke off at 190k because i tried to do a peel out in the snow
laugh.gif
roll.gif

But yeah, my pops '97 Odyssey is at 180+K but it just got put in the shop because the oil ring broke. 
ohwell.gif
  It's his fishing vehicle.

I had 182,182 yesterday which I thought was cool.

I only do about 2k a year though so it won't get much higher while I own it.

my dad's 90 or 91 toyota pickup (before they were called tacoma) has over 284k on it. that thing is a beast!!! I learned to drive in that thing, my sisters learned to drive in it, and it was a hand me down car for all of us at one point or another. At one point when I was driving it, it was overheating a lot. one day it just died on me and I had to get a car. My dad switched the radiator and it's been running since.

i do not understand how cars made in the 2000s have so many miles on it.  I have a 91 nissan sentra and it only has 160k on it.  And I swear I drive it a lot

[h1]930,000 mile '95 Honda Civic[/h1]
By Bob Holland | October 3, 2007
enclosureee9f1be.jpg

We've all read stories about high-mileage cars, but usually theyare big-ticket Euro models, and rarely pedestrian models. So here wehave a 12 year-old Civic with 930,000 miles on it that up for sale onCraig's List. The best part is that it runs like new. Oh sure, itemshave had to be replaced over the course of its life, but even so, thisis pretty remarkable... ...And speaking of oldHondas... Recently I brought in my '86 Honda lawn mower in for repair.The reason being this is the first time since I bought it back in 1986that I couldn't start it—another rather remarkable feat, I think. WhenI brought it in, the Honda Power Equipment dealer was concerned thatbecause of its age, that they may not be able to get parts for it.

Sowith that in mind I started looking at the possibility of getting a newHonda mower, and in talking with the salesman, he told me that my old'86 mower was actually better than the ones they are now currentlymaking. Unlike the spiffy feature-packed newer ones, rarely do theyhave problems with the older Honda mowers. I left the dealer with aHonda mower brochure to study and to ponder, and then to weigh theoption of getting a new mower vs. the cost of repairing my old mower.

Aweek later I get a call from the dealer saying my problem was solvedwith just a few squirts of some WD-40! Since it was in there I toldthem to give it the once over, and so now I still have that old mower,and it's running better than ever.

Full story here at Autoblog.

http://blogs.insideline.c...-mile-95-honda-civic.htm

Back
Top Bottom