Yo NT: School me on slavery in USA VOL Origins/ beginnings

I've done a little reading on it and am currently reading "They Came Before Columbus" which makes various mentions about the early days and someof the people involved...I was wondering if yall had any info you share w. me...In America I was taught about the underground railroad and Nat Turner..andthat was it
indifferent.gif

I would like if yall could drop some quick info on key people [I've read so far that the dude who wrote AmazingGrace was pro-slavery at once] mainly..Triangular trade, I've read about..and am reading a little about Latin America at night.

edit: I was kinda hoping for yall to post links to something I can read online in a short period of time.. I'll buy some books mentioned here too butinstant gratification FTW..Any blogs or history websites ??

I don't know if you're looking for a broad spectrum of history, but I read this book a while ago. It's hard to read, but it's well written.
9780380803361.jpg

Started with Native Americans.

They had weak immune systems.

Spaniards had used Africans before in Europe.

Spaniards took them to the Americas.

Next?

My-T.

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

Started with Native Americans.

They had weak immune systems.

Spaniards had used Africans before in Europe.

Spaniards took them to the Americas.

Next?

My-T.
1763, the first demonic tactic of biological warfare
As tokens of peace, Sir Jeffery Amherst
passed out clothin and blankets to the Indian community
Infested with small pox, knowin they had no immunity

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by West2East

Trying to get some references for a works cited?

When did this dude become a mod? I don't even think I have ever seen him post before.

she's been a member for awhile and it was announced a few weeks ago...

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by West2East

Trying to get some references for a works cited?

When did this dude become a mod? I don't even think I have ever seen him post before.

she doesnt roll in general much...i guess

this is the history of slavery.... White man comes to Africa... - White man comes with bible, Africans have all the gold, jewels, and the land.... centurieslater... Black people have the bible, White man has all the gold, jewels, and the land...
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom