Yo realtalk, New York may be the worst city ever

So should NY be completely avoided in February?

That's the only time I'll have to visit for awhile. I thought about going since I've never been, but I'd think that it'd be RIDICULOUSLY cold then.

I'm from Texas, it's been in the 30's lately, anything below 50 is cold to me. :lol:

It snowed the other day.

:stoneface: :stoneface:

I'll admit Chicago has the best skyline and architecture of any city I have ever been in, which is quite a few. Chicago really benefited from the fire tbt. But NYC is at least stepping their game up. They contracted Chicago architects for a few of the upcoming supertalls. But I'd rather live in a trash looking city than a trash one. Also I like how NYC looks at street level if that makes sense. When you are walking around it is a much more captivating city than Chicago imo. But looking at it from afar then Chicago takes the lead.

Chicago has much worse pretentious pricks than NYC, just a lot fewer since the city is smaller. If the conversation ever comes up, you will not be considered a true chicagoan unless you were born and raised her. Thats how Chicagoans are with their weak *** midwest inferiority complex. :smh: But they claim Kanye who was born in Chicago. Don't matter if you lived here 20 years Chicagoans love to belittle you not being "true chicagoan".

Pretentious people all over Lakeview, Wrigleyville, and the surrounding areas.

People here don't know how to style and it hurts my soul.

The segregation here is disgusting. Literally the worst in America. Even worse than cities in southern states (seriously look it up). :smh:

Honestly I met a lot of NYers who say "if you pay taxes here you are a NYer". After all 1 in 3 NYers were born outside the country.

Subway >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> L trains. No two ways about it.

Chicago makes my ******* **** soft

NYC > London >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> No other city matters

Your posts are always filled with so much anger and vitriol.

Take a chill pill and get you some yambs, bruh... You'll live longer

:lol: How many NYers do you know ? It's the same exact thing here. If you weren't born or raised here, they'll never fully accept you.

I live not too far from University of Chicago. You'd be surprised how many New Yorkers live in my area and within the area of that prestigious school. I know PLENTY. Hyde Park, University Village, Kenwood, and some of the surrounding areas have a decent NYer population. Not saying that it is grandiose but you are likely to bump into NYers easily living Hyde Park and Kenwood.

Even if I am wrong what do I care? I don't care for acceptance. Never had it and don't want it now.

Last edited:
Chicago is a weak *** city. Can't wait to get out of this steaming pile of ****.

Realtalk. I'm dying to leave this place for cali or nyc

the scenery is nice.

But The people are just getting worse and worse by the day.

And those pretentious people you're talking about in lakeview and wrigley are ALL transplants. They are rich *** holes but are saints compared to native white people from ohare and bridgeport..most of those ohare kids are open skinheads **** is crazy

Black people in chicago...smh all we can do is pray for them. Young ****** is so thirsty for stripes its crazy. And everybody else think they a star n ****. People are beyond lost in chicago right now

Chicago hands down the fakest town in america. I used to love chicago so much until obama blew up. Everybody be feelin themselves way too hard. But don't get me wrong the people that are actually cool are cool af. But they're rare these days. Most of the real people I know leave this ***** high and dry

Great place to visit but ****** up place to live. Unless your rich af..but if your rich why not go to cali or miami?

Last edited:
I everybody feels some type of way about their home town/ city. :lol:

For example, I've grown to dislike DC. The level of pretension is obscene, especially with all the gentrification that's occurred in the city. Nothing but Whole Foods, randoms bars and overpriced apts. No culture of any type has been brought in. Wanna move outta here eventually, plus the weather is getting worse, left out the house this morning it was 27...no thanks.

breh im watching this love and hip hop **** and of course the 2 fakest people on the show(yung berg masika)are both from my city

:lol: How many NYers do you know ? It's the same exact thing here. If you weren't born or raised here, they'll never fully accept you.

Pretty much... :lol:

Or at the very least raised here...most New Yorkers don't even like all the hipsters that came here for college and decided to settle in gentrifying some of the iconic neighborhoods...Brooklyn literally has made a 180

That's why I mess with uptown...joint was the hood back in the day, still is to an extent, but these old time drug dealers that ran the block, invested back into their community, Dominicans ain't trying to give it up so it's a nice hood, with some of the best restaurants and clubs, but still has that very very dominican culture/vibe to it.

Pretty much... :lol:

Or at the very least raised here...most New Yorkers don't even like all the hipsters that came here for college and decided to settle in gentrifying some of the iconic neighborhoods...Brooklyn literally has made a 180

That's why I mess with uptown...joint was the hood back in the day, still is to an extent, but these old time drug dealers that ran the block, invested back into their community, Dominicans ain't trying to give it up so it's a nice hood, with some of the best restaurants and clubs, but still has that very very dominican culture/vibe to it.

Sooner or later, they will be driven out as well. Look at what's happening to Harlem. More and more out of town people are coming into NYC and moving uptown. I'm seriously considering buying a brownstone up in Morningside Heights because of this. You can get a pretty decent one too around around $900k

In about 15-20 years, NYC will be a playground for rich and wealthy.

Last edited:
Sooner or later, they will be driven out as well. Look at what's happening to Harlem. More and more out of town people are coming into NYC and moving uptown. I'm seriously considering buying a brownstone up in Morningside Heights because of this. You can get a pretty decent one too around around $900k

More like in 3-5 years.

So should NY be completely avoided in February?

That's the only time I'll have to visit for awhile. I thought about going since I've never been, but I'd think that it'd be RIDICULOUSLY cold then.

I'm from Texas, it's been in the 30's lately, anything below 50 is cold to me. :lol:

Yeah Feb/early March is a no no.

always wanted to go i'm from SoCal and I just want to see snow fall from the mighty skies just once...chicago seems cool too. except that whole chiraq area

We don't have boroughs in SF cause it's so small but we have districts. What it did to SF is sort of create unique areas that had a sense of their own culture. You had north beach which was where little Italy is, you have Chinatown, Mission with their Mexican culture, Castro for the gay culture and even Tenderloin for it's ghetto vibes. What gentrification is doing is literally uniting all districts into one large one, making it only livable for the rich and wealthy. We had that rich and wealthy spot and it's called the Marina District and if you wanted to be around people like that, you'd go and live there. Now all places are becoming this way to a degree and the people that don't benefit are the people that don't make as much money as the rest. I mean you had spots to eat that used to be cheap but now everyone is catching on and creating lavish and expensive food joints.

I even went by Chinatown the other day which is one area that has yet to be truly taken over and passed by an old Chinese bar where locals would hang and there were just a ton of white people there. I asked what was going on and it was some tech company that uses that place for happy hours since their offices were nearby. The reasons why their offices were nearby was cause rent in SF, even for business, is expensive. So it's making other start ups locate themselves in buildings that are cheaper which is why they are in Chinatown. You used to get beers at that bar for like $4-5 and now everything was $7-10 for drinks and all the asian people are no where in sight now.

My girl just got back from Chicago and she was saying how crazy the seregation is there. Like nobody interacts with anybody. Said it was quite sad.

Come to Toronto. were like New York but cleaner, we got fire tings and the Raps are winning right now :D

Last edited:

For example, I've grown to dislike DC. The level of pretension is obscene, especially with all the gentrification that's occurred in the city. Nothing but Whole Foods, randoms bars and overpriced apts. No culture of any type has been brought in. Wanna move outta here eventually, plus the weather is getting worse, left out the house this morning it was 27...no thanks.

Please define the type of DC culture you'd like to see more of - all I know is politics, transplants, mumbo sauce, go-go music and commuting into the city from the Maryland/Virginia suburbs.

(I do live here.)

Last edited:

Please define the type of DC culture you'd like to see more of - all I know is politics, transplants, mumbo sauce, go-go music and commuting into the city from the Maryland/Virginia suburbs.

(I do live here.)

Ain't much more to it.

Realtalk. I'm dying to leave this place for cali or nyc

the scenery is nice.

But The people are just getting worse and worse by the day.

And those pretentious people you're talking about in lakeview and wrigley are ALL transplants. They are rich *** holes but are saints compared to native white people from ohare and bridgeport..most of those ohare kids are open skinheads **** is crazy

Black people in chicago...smh all we can do is pray for them. Young ****** is so thirsty for stripes its crazy. And everybody else think they a star n ****. People are beyond lost in chicago right now

Chicago hands down the fakest town in america. I used to love chicago so much until obama blew up. Everybody be feelin themselves way too hard. But don't get me wrong the people that are actually cool are cool af. But they're rare these days. Most of the real people I know leave this ***** high and dry

Great place to visit but ****** up place to live. Unless your rich af..but if your rich why not go to cali or miami?

Preach! Everything here is FACTS.

Everything south of the low end is rotten. ****** there can't wait to catch a body and self snitch on twitter so they can have a block named after them in a mildly successful rap song. :smh:

Last edited:

(I do live here.)

Ain't much more to it.

And how about the Art All Night event in September that included outdoor dance parties all around different neighborhoods? Not enough culture for you?

Bothers me when the word "culture" is just thrown out there as a meaningless term.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom