YO! The Official Jay Z post...

it is a shame that its gotta be like that especially wit dame's girl mariah in the video. Where's KanYe at though? isnt that his distinctive drawl on the hook?

Puff and Jay are like the widow and divorcee coming together to make a nice marriage on this 1

Quote:
the reason I like Jay as an artist is because his music actually means something. for the most part he doesn't just say just to say it. the way rap is right now, the listeners have forgotten how to listen because no one forces them to. think about it, how many times have you heard a rapper spit a line that has nothing to do with anything? like if it's not a punchline, it might as well not even be a line. don't listen to hov like that.
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​

American Gangster woulda got a perfect 5/5 had they put DEAD PRESIDENTS 3 on there...jeez im still fiending for this damn track....
"to most...im somethin like adam jones..pacman i'll eat up your favorite ghost"

Pray is :pimp:
pimp.gif
.:Flowsomuch:.
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

Quote:
Pray is :pimp:
pimp.gif

preach brotha

album is solid.

copped it this morning listened to it about 4 times already.

definitely feeling it. love the soulful type feel of the album.

Quote:
wasup wit AG on itunes... its not lettin me get to it

Quote:

If all goes Jay-Z's way, the rap mogul will tie rock legend Elvis for the most number one albums in history, a feat that depends on the success of the rapper's American Gangster album.

Jay-Z, born Shawn Carter, landed his ninth number one album last year with Kingdom Come, which sold about 680,000 in its first week, the rapper's best to date.

The Kingdom Come album put Jay-Z in a tie with another iconic rock act, The Rolling Stones, who have landed number nine number one albums throughout their 40-year career.

If Jay-Z's American Gangster sells well, only The Beatles would have offered the music world more number one albums, with an incredible 19.

American Gangster's main opposition include Cassidys highly anticipated album B.A.R.S. and Nas' Greatest Hits package which landed in stores today (November 6) as well.

In related news, Jay-Z announced that the American Gangster album will not be available on iTunes.

"As movies are not sold scene by scene, this collection will not be sold as individual singles," Jay-Z said, noting that the album could be purchased online at Rocafella.com, Amazon.com and Rhapsody.com.
TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......
"WE like some wild COWBOYS comin to get YOU at high noon"

FS: Retro Jordan 5(black and silver)sz. 10.5 $150: Black Foams 11.5,$220

Just listened to the album all the way............I'm loving it :pimp:
pimp.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif

Team
DC/MD/VA
Cough up a lung..Where Im From!!
O.G. Member #5​

It needs to be said...if you don't look at American Dreamin' as a standout on this album, its imperative you have your head examined.

In fact, just stop listening to rap.
Code:
               We are creatures of the windWild is the wind...

Real talk, Hello Brooklyn 2.0 aint as bad as I thought it was, or was going to be. That @#%$ hits hard too. All the extra claps and snares in the beat are still lame though.

The beat for that Intro is crazy too. I didn't want the album to end, or I thought it ended too soon, which makes it a classic in my book. American Gangster probably shouldn't have been the last song either... but the album flows together very well.

Jay definitely did it again, but I don't know how high the buzz is for the album, so the sales will probably be around 1.2 or better.
Team Negrodamus
... because that's comin from a black man.
(Team Founder)
Buminator
"I had a great summer. I tested positive for being handsome."

"I Know" is my favorite track....i guess cause he's talkin as if he is the drug.....dope song

Quote:
I cant believe people in this thread have no love for what is the best song on this album: "American Dreamin". That song and sample is crazy and easily a top 15 Jay track for me.
Goooooooooonies
..DOPE LIKE HEROIN..

^Wrong song homie.

American Dreamin'... which he is completely right about. It's flawless.

You're thinking about American Gangster

Team DMV / Nuggets Fan​

"Young Body, Old Soul" - The Double LP Debut. Coming Soon...​

O.G. Member #1​

I went to gators for some all you can eat wings/Monday Night Football, last night, then went over to Virgin records to cop the album at midnite, listened to it all the way home, and on the way to class today..I'm lovin it so far.
Only song I heard before was Blue Magic. I can't stop listening to Roc Boys, the sax at the end is crazy.
Party Life is just a smooth @#%$ joint....
Shwaayt!
And I wanted more from Sigel, I was mad when his verse stopped
"Keep my flea collar on, you lil ticks get off me" :pimp:
pimp.gif
s "WOOOOOOOOOH!" :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAMMUSICFORUM
Where Your Opinion is Wrong
And Lauryn Hill isn't on Lil' Wayne's level.​

This album is great but that song wit lil wayne really kills it 4 me I don't understand y he's on this album

Quote:
^Wrong song homie.

American Dreamin'... which he is completely right about. It's flawless.

You're thinking about American Gangster
Goooooooooonies
..DOPE LIKE HEROIN..

Back
Top Bottom