YO! The Official Jay Z post...

^^I aint gon skim thru the the thread, but I thought I seen dudes talkin bout 'its up there wit Blueprint, right under RD' and all that, thats what I was talkin bout with the overpraise...

*edit, see ^ lol
....Da Upper Echelon Don....​

",,,cocked the baby 9mm, that N' gravy mine...*clanked him*-what was he thinkin on my corner when it's 'Pay-Me' time?"

Dude is getting old point blank. No different from jordans rusty game on the wizards or rakim's slowdown over the years. Expecting him to be that same guy from back in the day is damn near unfair. You take it for what it is, or you just don't take it at all, and he was at full speed on success, american gangster, and ignorant @#%$.
Washington Wizards
"YOU DON'T WIPE THAT ____, YOU BLOT THAT ____, THIS IS $25,000 ALPACA. AND TAKE THEM SUNGLASSES OFF"

Quote:
yall need to just join the darkside and give in....

Nah, I'm still trying to wait it out patiently.

Quote:
Now explain to me what holding out does? It kills me when dudes be crying over and over about holding out. If you like the artist, you'll be ride or die and buy the album if you like it or not.

Team
DC/MD/VA
Cough up a lung..Where Im From!!
O.G. Member #5​

Quote:
I know its early but do you guys think this is Jay's third classic?
ing to pass off solid albums as classics, like Fishscale, Late Registration, Food & Liquor and etc their just great albums but their being held which such high regard because everything else sucks. And i think thats one of the main reasons why individuals are so overly critical of albums and openmindedness has been lost, its either wack or classic-- no more in between.

I could see AG being a personal classics for some but naw not a universally reknown hip-hop classic.
We could trade places, get lifted in the staircases
Word up, peace incarcerated scarfaces

Late Registration is not a solid album.

And Fishscale and Food and Liquor are both dope, but they aren't in the same league as LR.

LR is a classic.

Team DMV / Nuggets Fan​

"Young Body, Old Soul" - The Double LP Debut. Coming Soon...​

O.G. Member #1​

Quote:
Naw this isn't a classic just a very solid album, it seems since hip-hop has become a laughing stock music wise individuals are starting to pass off solid albums as classics, like Fishscale, Late Registration, Food & Liquor and etc their just great albums but their being held which such high regard because everything else sucks. And i think thats one of the main reasons why individuals are so overly critical of albums and openmindedness has been lost, its either wack or classic-- no more in between.

I could see AG being a personal classics for some but naw not a universally reknown hip-hop classic.

TEAMMUSICFORUM
Where Logic Goes To Die
Fred Lewis > Illmatic​

I fully understand what you saying BFA, But Im talking in regards of Jays previous albums Do you think this will be held in the same regard as Blueprint or TBA

i peeped this again and no hook is the illest song on the album. hov went in and the beat is grimey.

F.C.BARCELONA
---myspace.com/JAPEsbeats---

Quote:
like Fishscale, Late Registration, Food & Liquor and etc their just great albums but their being held which such high regard because everything else sucks. And i think thats one of the main reasons why individuals are so overly critical of albums and openmindedness has been lost, its either wack or classic-- no more in between.
:\
ohwell.gif
I'm A Producer Like Everyone Else

aww man Say Hello is mean how could you skip that??? Only track I skip is hello brooklyn. Also does anyone else think Ignorant S... Should've been a bonus track, although its an amazing track I think it messes up the flow of the album.

Quote:
aww man Say Hello is mean how could you skip that??? Only track I skip is hello brooklyn. Also does anyone else think Ignorant S... Should've been a bonus track, although its an amazing track I think it messes up the flow of the album.

Yeah Say Hello is pretty official. One the real i only skip 2 tracks on the album and thats Sweet & American Gangster. Party Life aww man i don't even smoke but that just makes me wanna pull out a cigar.... smooth a.s track. I Know is an okay song, not terrible enough for me to skip it just one of those tracks it depends on the mood your in at the time.... the whole Women/Drug analogy has been better executed in the past.

Quote:
Do you think this will be held in the same regard as Blueprint or TBA
We could trade places, get lifted in the staircases
Word up, peace incarcerated scarfaces

Yo I dont care what no one says Party Life is a top 5 jay song ever, The beat with the flow and my son swag is just too official on there

Quote:
i peeped this again and no hook is the illest song on the album. hov went in and the beat is grimey.
:wow:
eek.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
And either way you'll lose me
Momma.. so let loose of me
:pimp:
pimp.gif
Black Thought Ent.
"And 'they' say that 'we' can't succeed/But 'WE' still on the same page like we can't read"
-Surreal
EarthTone February 2008
Est. 2007​

^he's saying don't degrade it by calling it a solid album, when it's really more than that.. ehhh, not that I agree.. but I can't be mad at that statement..
Black Thought Ent.​
"And 'they' say that 'we' can't succeed/But 'WE' still on the same page like we can't read"​
-Surreal​
EarthTone February 2008​
Est. 2007​

Damn this album is really another gem added to the catalog. Jay is the goat, hands down.
Goooooooooonies​
***I'm as hood as a hoopty, keep it gangsta in Gucci, put your girl in some Pucci, she'll let me play in her coochie!***

Quote:

There may only be a handful of universally accepted classics in the past 10 years. There is nothing wrong with having personal classics though.

I agree 200% about there being no in between. It's either classic or trash.

I also agree that Jay's flow has taken a step back, but not so far to be overly critical either.

Imo, after RD and BP, its all fair game as far as rankings. As for me, I put AG, the complete package, at the top of the rest.

Say Hello and Party Life are my two favorite tracks on this.
TEAM LAKERS
1949-1950-1952-1953-1954-1972-1980-1982-1985-1987-1988-2000-2001-2002​
TEAM EAGLES
3-4 right now, Cowboys up next!!!​

^Nah homie you off. I'm a huge Jay fan and I'm willing to admit that his flow is no longer at its peak. Still ahead of the competition though.
Goooooooooonies​
***I'm as hood as a hoopty, keep it gangsta in Gucci, put your girl in some Pucci, she'll let me play in her coochie!***

No matter what.. Jay's flow is ALWAYS on point.. that's his best attribute..
Black Thought Ent.​
"And 'they' say that 'we' can't succeed/But 'WE' still on the same page like we can't read"​
-Surreal​
EarthTone February 2008​
Est. 2007​

Back
Top Bottom