Yolo

I'm not going to talk politics. There's already a thread for that. Either see it or don't. Its a dollar.

The thread is about the documentary. Talk about it if you want but don't talk about it acting like you have. If you have seen it and disagree with it then go ahead and post I'd like to be enlightened. And I mean that. Being called a sheep is just tired and lazy.

Why try it out though? This film is pure fear mongering designed to aid conservatives in their efforts to control the white house?

The guy uses Dreams From my Father to essentially capture who he believes Barack Obama truly is. DFMF was published 1995, so the material isn't exactly new. That means D'Souza could have made this movie at any point over the past 4 years, but instead chose to release it during the summer when the political machine is about to be operating on all cylinders (nominations, conventions, republican debates, etc)?

Come on fam. You said that this scared you? Have you watched stuff like Zeitgeist?

beat me to it, 99% are criticizing yet never watched the movie, just immediately on the defensive

tomatometer

All Critics
Top Critics

Average Rating: 4.4/10
Reviews Counted: 30
Fresh: 8 | Rotten: 22

No consensus yet.

audience

liked it
Average Rating: 3.9/5
User Ratings: 28,367

this is what it looks like on rotten tomatoes...

remember that hollywood is a liberal playground, so i would expect to da critics of that industry to pan da film..da view audience however gave it a much

more positive review.

i say watch it (imma do that tomorrow since once again aint no work cuz of sandy) and see what da hub-bub about...

I'm not going to talk politics. There's already a thread for that. Either see it or don't. Its a dollar.

The thread is about the documentary. Talk about it if you want but don't talk about it acting like you have. If you have seen it and disagree with it then go ahead and post I'd like to be enlightened. And I mean that. Being called a sheep is just tired and lazy.

But u are the dude who just rented a movie at Redbox and thinks you're a genius now reciting rehashed Republican talking points.

I'm not going to sit here and recite the doc but you cant argue his past. His dad was Muslim, anti-west, and for anti-colonialism. Has this been proven false?That's just ok? They talked to Obamas brother for Christs sake.

You're essentially saying that it is wrong to be Muslim. I could make the accusation that you're Anti-American because America was built on the notion of religious freedom/tolerance. And what do you mean by Anti-west? And in case you forgot, America was founded on anti-colonial sentiment.

Just admit that you bought into the fear the movie perpetuated instead of saying you're not going to argue politics. At least be honest with yourself.

tomatometer
All Critics
Top Critics
No consensus yet.
audience
liked it
remember that hollywood is a liberal playground, so i would expect to da critics of that industry to pan da film..da view audience however gave it a much
more positive review.
i say watch it (imma do that tomorrow since once again aint no work cuz of sandy) and see what da hub-bub about...

critics are paid to review movies whether they want to watch it or not

user scores can be voted by anyone regardless of actually seeing the film plus user reviews are going to be HEAVILY weighted from the anti-Obama parties since the majority of pro-Obama people aren't wasting their time with this garbage

I am an independent so I decided to watch this and it's pure trash; nothing more than someone with a political agenda using ridic. conspiracy theories. His next documentary should be on the Lockness Monster; I heard someone spotted him in Norway recently.

tomatometer
All Critics
Top Critics
No consensus yet.
audience
liked it
more positive review.

You should watch "Dreams From My Real Father" instead.

A much more accurate film if you are looking for some truth.

A lot of the D'souza film is crazy, but this movie...

Last edited:

Lol this >>> that movie

You should watch "Dreams From My Real Father" instead.
A much more accurate film if you are looking for some truth.
A lot of the D'souza film is crazy, but this movie...

You believe it's he actual truth?

You believe it's he actual truth?

I don't know, but neither do you. It makes much mores sense than the D'Souza movie. Besides, what I know
about Globalists and Elitists suggest that Dreams is the more accurate film. You should see the side by side
pics :wow:

I dont even think I want to dive into this, 2 hr documentary doesnt show much. A Moore documentary is going to be mainly bias based and we know it. 

Dinesh D'Souza? You mean the turbo-christian who is cheating on his wife? LOL.

Christopher Hitchens used to use him as target practice.

He's a non-factor. 

But u are the dude who just rented a movie at Redbox and thinks you're a genius now reciting rehashed Republican talking points.

I'm not acting like a political genius. That's what bugs me about politics is everyone's a genius. You're never wrong the other person is always wrong. They're not just wrong though, they're wrong and they're a complete idiot. Always hostility, always people coming in saying "you sound like a backwoods republican, they would like to have you" Thats why typically I stay out of politics but I made this thread because I wanted to see who else saw this, what they thought and why.

I do feel Obama has had a past that was different than any typical candidate and got voted in for different reasons than any typical candidate. That's what intrigued me the most. He's been hopping around from place to place through out the world which leaves not as much to be known.

This is why it worried me that his father hated places like America. Him being associated with countries that hate us simply because we're modern and rich. It worries me that he was mentored by people like Frank Marshall Davis, roommates with Bill Ayers, Edward Said who hates Israel, Jeremiah Wright, and Roberto Unger.

Unless this was proven false that he was ever associated with these people? If that's been proven cool, I have no problem knowing our President isn't a communist who didn't grow up influenced by those who hate what America stands for.

This is why it worries me the most. For 4 years we have people questioning his past. Questioning whether he has a birth certificate. There's never been a reason to do this for any other candidate. Bush is sitting there owning a baseball team and McCain was busy fighting a war for America. We are in serious trouble right now economically. Assuming it hasn't been proven Obama was never associated with those people... Right now would be the prime time to do as much damage as possible if he got re-elected. Stick to his word here and there for 4 years so ppl stay by his side while we continue to be in a recession. Blame the other stuff on Bush so the rest stay by his side as well. Then the new term he does what he really wants.

I don't enjoy the feeling of being broke or America collapsing so I have no problem being told this mans past was proven false. Call me ignorant, call me a racist, call me oblivious, but from the very beginning I didn't like Obama because he seemed sketchy. Its because we voted a president in for being black who I don't view as black. If I were to wake up from a coma and you told me our current president was black I would assume his name was something like James Anderson. But if you told me his name was Barack Hussein Obama and we're at war with those named Hussein and killed a dictator who was committing genocide named Saddam Hussein I wold have answered, how the hell did that happen? Those thoughts I had to begin with along with seeing this doc have me worried. I do hope it's just me being gullible though.

Last edited:
 If I were to wake up from a coma and you told me our current president was black I would assume his name was something like James Anderson. But if you told me his name was Barack Hussein Obama and we're at war with those named Hussein and killed a dictator who was committing genocide named Saddam Hussein I wold have answered, how the hell did that happen?
Oh wow...this entire post was GOLD.  Full of gems 
laugh.gif

Skip to 3:24 on the youtube video posted by Nike Jordan

This guy has never even had a conversation with Obama but knows what is going on inside his head >D

Dinesh D'Sousza is an idiot

Its because we voted a president in for being black who I don't view as black.

word thats why i like Mitt. I view him as white w/o any gimmicks. Money Making Mitt keeps it one hunnid.

Back
Top Bottom