You kids better be careful getting loans for college......

This is why there needs to be a serious financial literacy class required in every high school that covers loans (school, residential mortgage, car, etc.), credit cards, investing, etc. Remember that many students need to make these decisions at 18 years old with no financial background and parents who may have little or no education about these matters, or potentially not speak English well enough to deal with these issues.  It's insane to me today that we require Shakespeare but don't even offer a class about personal finance in most schools.

Can you get grants after high school because I'm practically entering college with barely any money, I get money from fafsta but since my parents make over their cap I have to pay it back.

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

She could have earned that at DeVry.

laugh.gif

Always wondered what would happen if you put graduated from the University of Devry on your resume...just like how many employers would think its a fancy uni
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by blingblingitis

DAMN, She got did dirty i go to NYU and they pay for about 97% of my tuition.

you must be african-american because they offered me about 10% of the tuition. That's right. 4500$ scholarship.
laugh.gif

On another note: She really should not have gotten that degree unless she wanted to be a professor some day
smile.gif

I blame the unions for screwing up education in america
after taking public finance classes, i realize the screw job unions do to america is way beyond what I expected

its her fault and specially her stupid mother's fault....women's studies?....Idiot deserves to be drowing in debt.

its her fault and specially her stupid mother's fault....women's studies?....Idiot deserves to be drowing in debt.

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

My situation: Over $250,00 in student loans. My payments each month are around $3000. Interest accumulated so far in the tens of thousands.
frown.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

My God! I wish you the best of luck with that man
smh.gif

Originally Posted by langfor5

I mean I understand where these people are coming from but at the end of the day it is called a "loan." That means that at some point and time you are going to have to pay back someone for that money that you borrowed and more then likely there is going to be interest involved.

Thing is u dont usually, well i know this for sallie mae. Have to pay it back until u are done with school. Simply solution NEVER stop going to school. When u get the degree u need or use, just take enough credits in anything and just always attend and PASS classes.

laugh.gif
smh.gif
 @ anyone who goes over 50k in debt for an undergrad degree that's not in engineering, medical field and doesn't work/intern during college.

Back
Top Bottom