You Sure You're Working In the Right Field? Vol. 820 U.S. Occupations and their mean annual wages

i see the field id like to break into as making some decent money, although im sure thats with quite a few years of experience under their belts...

For each job it breaks down earnings by 90th, 75th, and 25th percentile so you can get a pretty good feel for salaries that are on the low end of the spectrum.

Air Traffic Controllers make $118,000+ annually?! :wow:

Lemme' find out!

My boy just graduated from a Air Traffic Control school in Utah. It was a 3 year program coming in with an Associates degree and they lined him up with work, he's starting at $105,000.

Last edited:
My boy just graduated from a Air Traffic Control school in Utah. It was a 3 year program coming in with an Associates degree and they lined him up with work, he's starting at $105,000.

for a reason, one of the most stressfull jobs out there. there should be a study based on stress and wage.

Probably because instead of billing exorbitant amounts of money to insurance and Medicaid, they'll be forced to take an amount that is less than they're used to.

Boohoo.

Bingo

It won't as lucrative to go into medicine once Obamacare has developed from this infancy stage. The next field to take a hit like this will be the medical insurance industry. You guys think the financial industry is filled with greedy scumbags? Look into the medical insurance industry and see just how much these guys make off people.

The medical industry is really broken and it needs to stop before something really bad happens.

Air Traffic Controllers make $118,000+ annually?! :wow:

Lemme' find out!

yes ATC has been a 6 figure job for a while.................wonder how much you thought they made before?

pretty demanding gig

Last edited:
for a reason, one of the most stressfull jobs out there. there should be a study based on stress and wage.

I read somewhere that ATC's have a high suicide rate as well.

A lot of these high paying jobs comes with a price of stress and intrusion of an individuals personal life.

Probably because instead of billing exorbitant amounts of money to insurance and Medicaid, they'll be forced to take an amount that is less than they're used to.

Boohoo.

Bingo

It won't as lucrative to go into medicine once Obamacare has developed from this infancy stage. The next field to take a hit like this will be the medical insurance industry. You guys think the financial industry is filled with greedy scumbags? Look into the medical insurance industry and see just how much these guys make off people.

The medical industry is really broken and it needs to stop before something really bad happens.

so he's tryin to fix a system that was overcharging the 'people?' doesnt seem that bad.

anything else? im not looking to argue. i wanna know why folks are fighting this tooth and nail

so he's tryin to fix a system that was overcharging the 'people?' doesnt seem that bad.

anything else? im not looking to argue. i wanna know why folks are fighting this tooth and nail

The overall idea of Obamacare is nice and seems like a good thing, but the approach of how it's being done seems to have upset a lot of folks.

It's not even just over charging people, medicaid gets abused by many Americans all over the country and tax dollars continue to be wasted on this.

I'm not saying doctors won't be "rich" anymore, but you won't be seeing as many making as much as you see on the list above.

Last edited:
Damn, anesthesiologists make a killing. Are there any here on NT? How stressful is it? I'm guessing one of the risks is administering too much, thus killing the patient.

I didn't know OBGYNs make that much, lol. My friend was telling me how she had a male gyno at the clinic she visits. How does a man even aspire to become a OBGYN?

Damn, anesthesiologists make a killing. Are there any here on NT? How stressful is it? I'm guessing one of the risks is administering too much, thus killing the patient.

I didn't know OBGYNs make that much, lol. My friend was telling me how she had a male gyno at the clinic she visits. How does a man even aspire to become a OBGYN?
I work in the medical field. Worked in the operating room for a bit. Anesthesiologist will be in charge of managing the patients pain. They usually put the IV in, put the tube down your throat to put you out and then monitor you for the remainder of the procedure. I've seen some sleeping on the job, and whip out a book for the "easier" procedures...

Make bank, but there are many liability issues. In general you have to be quite the scholar, and be good in chemistry for school.

Yep.  I'm doing it all wrong.  :smh:

Or I just live in a crappy area.  Probably both.  

Knew I should've gone into the healthcare field.  
Unless you have a passion for it, you'd be miserable and that misery would probably lead to a plethora of problems in your personal life.

Don't sweat it bro.

i wouldnt take this list all for fact
I read somewhere that ATC's have a high suicide rate as well.

A lot of these high paying jobs comes with a price of stress and intrusion of an individuals personal life.

Yes....and sleep deprivation

getting my masters in film and tv.

somewhere between 59-72 as a base?
not horrible.

gonna definitely try to marry up.

it's cool that architectural services is up there......
ohwell.gif

Career brings that stress!!!......smh

The overall idea of Obamacare is nice and seems like a good thing, but the approach of how it's being done seems to have upset a lot of folks.

It's not even just over charging people, medicaid gets abused by many Americans all over the country and tax dollars continue to be wasted on this.

I'm not saying doctors won't be "rich" anymore, but you won't be seeing as many making as much as you see on the list above.

how does obamacare affect the salary of doctors... elaborate with sources....

Boohoo.

Bingo

obamacare directly affects the medical insurance providers...not the doctors or workers

have you even read the guidelines it gives them...!?!?!

I mean I feel I'm doing ok, 5 years of college and a job starting at 47k+ OT & QB. I'll be starting in September and live an hour away from Boston.

It always rustles my jimmies when people mention this.

The US is wasting exponentially more money on lobbyists BS.

Letting a few lazy people slide so the rest can get the help they need is worth it. AND IT'S STILL NOT ENOUGH.

I've applied and I get no help. I have a job and a mental illness while trying to finish my degree, but do I get free healthcare?

Could I get it if I hired a lawyer? Probably, I haven't tried yet, but the fact that I have to lawyer up says enough.

Obama cleaning up a lot of hospital **** is why hospitals are reorganizing how they do things lol and why there's been layoffs....it's hitting more of the clerical side though

Hard to find democrats in these places unless you come across the lifelong voters who'll vote that way no matter what

Medicaid abuse had hospitals flourishing

Back
Top Bottom