You suspect one of your parents cheating - What would you do?

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

id probly cry and make a thread on nt
word dude has less then 10 posts and comes to a sneaker message board and his first posts is his pop's cheating on his mother 
not to be harsh but i think you need to see a shrink not post your troubles on NT

we have all been through the same thing 

life goes on champ 
Its a chick so naturally she's handling it differently than a guy would but yea a shrink would be the best option.
Spoiler [+]
Kill your dad and his mistress and let God sort it out j/k

As others have stated you and your sister need to mind your business and live your lives.

We got a new female member??
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

pics?
nerd.gif

I remember OP. I think it was gORJESS tho right? Yuku stay messing with my sn.

As for me, I'd mind my own damn business. I got a lil sister and why would I want her to see my parents go through a divorce over some snatch. Who cares?

I know it's your parents and YOU are affected and hurt, but how about you just sit the %+@* down and mind your business. It's not your marriage, it's THEIR marriage. Personally, I think you overstepped your boundaries by researching the woman and finding out her kids names on FB and twitter.I know you are hurt, but stay out of it. Imagine you being married, you cheat on your husband and your parents go through all these measures to find out about the person you CHOSE to cheat with. Undoubtedly the total blame is on your dad, but stay in your lane.  

Realized OP was a female, response still applies though.

I appreciate all of the valid points everyone has made.

Thanks for the advice guys & I do understand that this is not rightfully my place.
My family has always been very open with each other, there were never any secrets (or so I thought) and if we had problems we all talked about them. My mother has come to me over the months on several occasions for advice and guidance with this situation. I walk into the room and SEE that something is going on. I didn’t start snooping in hopes of finding something.

I checked the Key logger today and it seems that its not a gmail account, its some type of portal account. I’m thinking his work email...I have the log in and password, I just can not find where to access it.
It turns out this is a completely different woman and she is asking him for money. There are only a few messages because he went to work early so only was on the computer briefly this morning.

I just feel awful and to everyone who is telling me I shouldn’t be writing a post about this on NT, This is the ‘General’ board & I was just looking for some other p.o.v's on the situation.

Originally Posted by gorjess

. I installed a Key logger on our house computer and I am afraid of what I will find. He had the chance to walk away, my mother gave him the chance to leave and begged him for honesty so at this point I just feel bad for her. 

-Decide to download a key logger, not sure how to approach what will come to be. 
I hope your dad presses charges for doing this.

Thats your Dad and its half of you too.You really shouldnt take sides because honestly telling on your Dad is gonna end up with you having a broken home.

I know you are gonna get to the bottom of it but seriously you already know the answer.

I'll just tell him that i found a fake email or w/e.. i wouldnt snitch on him though. do you have younger siblings?

Thanks for the advice guys & I do understand that this is not rightfully my place.
My family has always been very open with each other, there were never any secrets (or so I thought) and if we had problems we all talked about them. My mother has come to me over the months on several occasions for advice and guidance with this situation. I walk into the room and SEE that something is going on. I didn’t start snooping in hopes of finding something.

I checked the Key logger today and it seems that its not a gmail account, its some type of portal account. I’m thinking his work email...I have the log in and password, I just can not find where to access it.
It turns out this is a completely different woman and she is asking him for money. There are only a few messages because he went to work early so only was on the computer briefly this morning.

I just feel awful and to everyone who is telling me I shouldn’t be writing a post about this on NT, This is the ‘General’ board & I was just looking for some other p.o.v's on the situation.

to be honest your mother shouldnt even be consulting you with this.
ohwell.gif
it's unfair to you to have to look that hard at your father and have to see him how she sees him. Very unfair. There are always secrets in a marriage and in a family.

Originally Posted by cap1229

to be honest your mother shouldnt even be consulting you with this.
ohwell.gif
it's unfair to you to have to look that hard at your father and have to see him how she sees him. Very unfair. There are always secrets in a marriage and in a family.

She is embarrassed to go to anyone else, and honestly we are best friends. She has apologized to me many times for this, but I agree it’s a terrible spot to be in.

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

OP do you think this will affect you in same as far as your own relationships?

I know it will. It already has. I have always had some form of trust issues for some reason, but this has made me realize that you really can NEVER trust someone’s intentions fully- even after 27 years. It sucks. Its one thing to make a mistake, we have all been there but in this situation she forgave the mistake and he went right back to it when he had every chance to leave the marriage, that was even discussed.

I know it will. It already has. I have always had some form of trust issues for some reason, but this has made me realize that you really can NEVER trust someone’s intentions fully- even after 27 years. It sucks. Its one thing to make a mistake, we have all been there but in this situation she forgave the mistake and he went right back to it when he had every chance to leave the marriage, that was even discussed.
^ This is what happens when you internalize things that don't pertain to you. So because of this situation you think ALL men are like this huh? I'm sorry but that is poor reasoning. Not to say be naive, no not at all. But for a man to be damned and suspected of cheating on you from the jump, your actions will make it a self fulfilling prophecy. You have to learn how to separate that thought. I still don't get why your mom is asking you for advice, she's the parent, but to each family their own. I hope you learn this isn't your fault and I hope you can cope and learn to trust someone, if not you'll drive more people away from you.

Originally Posted by beh235

^ This is what happens when you internalize things that don't pertain to you. So because of this situation you think ALL men are like this huh? I'm sorry but that is poor reasoning. Not to say be naive, no not at all. But for a man to be damned and suspected of cheating on you from the jump, your actions will make it a self fulfilling prophecy. You have to learn how to separate that thought. I still don't get why your mom is asking you for advice, she's the parent, but to each family their own. I hope you learn this isn't your fault and I hope you can cope and learn to trust someone, if not you'll drive more people away from you.

Well, im not saying all men are like anything. This situation has just made me see how someone you thought you knew and whom you thought would never do such a thing, is capable of it. I know every human is capable of anything - but it just makes you rethink letting your guards down. 

I just feel awful, stuck in the middle. We have a family trip coming up next week to CO so I know im not going to do or say anything until we get back, it just sucks to hold in and know my mom is trying to forgive him, watch them fight about it, hear him swear up and down that he will never do it again but in my heart I know he still has other BS going on. 

Similar situation happened to me. They need to work it out.

If your mom chooses to turn a blind eye and chooses the Titanic crucifix scene

then so it was written to play out that way.

Originally Posted by bauercans

Similar situation happened to me. They need to work it out.

If your mom chooses to turn a blind eye and chooses the Titanic crucifix scene

then so it was written to play out that way.

I wouldn't say turn a blind eye, she's not as technologically savvy as us young ones are, im a REALLY observant person. I think She truly believes that he is sorry. If this was brought to her attention she would be done. 

She's not paying enough attention to the signs because she's not ready to find it. It's up to her to find it. Women all have that 6th sense built in.

Back
Top Bottom