Your first Jordan... how it all started for you.

I was 10 and wanted the concord 11 when i first saw that commercial of mj dunking a 100ft rim. Obviously could not get it cuz we didn't have money like that.

The first jordan i ever received was the 13 low navy. Wanted the playoff 13 but was still too pricey and the 13 low was on sale for $100 so moms was willing.

My favorite j's are the 1. But the ones that mean the most to me are the 14. The black toe and white and red are the ones that have a lot of sentimental value to me. Its the first shoe i bought with my own money from working, and playing the one season of basketball in high school. Focused on football after.

Oh man, one of my fondest memories

Original release of Chicago 10.
Still one of my favorites to this day due to memories of begging my mom for my pair when she secretly copped already.

Then at my grandpa’s birthday celebration he gave me the wrapped gift, saying it was for me instead of him. Had no idea what they was talking about. Opened the box and damn near yelled in excitement.

Gramps wanted nothing more than his grandkids to be happy with him.

I do my best to imitate his selflessness.

RIP Gramps

Went through my whole picture album that my mom made for me up until I was about 13 and not 1 of me wearing the OG VI's that I got for my 10th bday.

Last edited:
air-jordan-14-black-toe-release-reminder-02.jpg

Black 5s. I was in 10th grade and got em 2 weeks early from my friend's cousin who was back dooring em and worked at a store called Hermans. This was during the Crack era in DC, so everyone thought I sold drugs. Nope, I sold my car washing services.

Last edited:
First I remember was the military 4s. Kindergarten and my partners were clowning me cause I wasn’t GS size yet so my wings were leather and stitched so they didn’t hang. Lmao good times it was like 5 of us with them.

I was 10 and wanted the concord 11 when i first saw that commercial of mj dunking a 100ft rim. Obviously could not get it cuz we didn't have money like that.

The first jordan i ever received was the 13 low navy. Wanted the playoff 13 but was still too pricey and the 13 low was on sale for $100 so moms was willing.

My favorite j's are the 1. But the ones that mean the most to me are the 14. The black toe and white and red are the ones that have a lot of sentimental value to me. Its the first shoe i bought with my own money from working, and playing the one season of basketball in high school. Focused on football after.
I got some og black toes that need work. You can have them, just pay shipping

I had grape 5s when I was 8....didnt get any Js again until I was 25 or so and picked up the dub zeros not knowing anything. It just got xrazy after that, lol

Jordan 3 white/cements, $100 then, bought with my 40% discount for starting work at Footlocker. Soon followed up by the BC3's but only for 20% off since I was a part-timer.

OG black/red XIII

good times man, good times

Same. Twin brother and I shared these and white/green Pro Strongs. Both wanted the XIII obviously but that was the last pair available in the entire city.

Still in the closet at my parent's house.

First pair ever were OG flu games. I remember my friend constantly looking at them every day in science class and his hype made me want them. I asked my parents for them and when I came home from school on Friday (I think they used to release on fridays) my mom surprised me.

2 weeks later my school sent everyone who had them to the principals office and we were told we couldn’t wear them cause they were gang colors. My mom was pissed, bought me some damn converse.

Like many others here, black Infrared 6 in 1991. Was in 7th or 8th grade. I had Reebok pumps earlier in the year, but when Jordan won the title and the new fall semester started I got the 6’s and loved them to death. To this day they remain my second fav Jordan of all time behind only the 11’s. I’m still pretty ecstatic about the 2019 retro. They turned out incredible and so glad I bought 3 pairs.

Like many others here, black Infrared 6 in 1991. Was in 7th or 8th grade. I had Reebok pumps earlier in the year, but when Jordan won the title and the new fall semester started I got the 6’s and loved them to death. To this day they remain my second fav Jordan of all time behind only the 11’s. I’m still pretty ecstatic about the 2019 retro. They turned out incredible and so glad I bought 3 pairs.

I missed out and now I'm actively searching for a size 14...... Looks like GOAT/StockX is gonna be my only place...... running about $240.

91 in second grade. We were about to go to p.e. and a dude named rayford looked at my shoes and said 'man you need to get some Jordans'. I had no clue what or who that was but when i got in the car i told my mom i want some Jordans. We went and got some (only child, kinda spoiled). I can't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure it was the black red 6s. The next day in the way to p.e. he sees the Jordans and says 'you need to get some bo Jackson's' I'm like man chill.

Also 2 pair of 7s, shadow 10s after they went on sale, bred 11s, blk 13s, blk 14s, blk 15 low, white blue 16, white red 17, red 20.

Retro: white 1s, white 3s, white 8s, space jams.

I was in 5th grade, 30 years ago. There were two kids in my school that had the 3's, and to this day I still remember their names only because they had them. So, i begged my parents for Jordans, because those two kids were the coolest. My parents weren't having it. No way, would they spend $100+ on a pair of shoes. Well, right before my birthday, my Grandma asked if she could take me birthday shopping. I asked her to buy me a Air Jordan T Shirt. So, we went to the mall and to FootLocker, becasue that s where you bought the "Character" Jordan shirts at that time. (You know the ones....a cartoon drawing of a b-ball player with a big head.)
When we walked in, I see that they had just received their first pairs of Air Jordan 4's. I had never even seen them before. I couldn't believe my eyes. Long story short, my grandma bought them for me. I had to wait another two weeks for my birthday to actually here to wear them. But then I remember being so excited to wear them to school for the first time, only to be made fun of by a few others that had them, becasue I was still wearing grade school sizing....and there was a slight difference in the shoe. I was devastated.

First pair was the chrome 8's in 2003. Parent's never purchased me dope shoes growing up (had me in Hakeem Spalding's, Avia's and other BS smh). I took a job at a car wash sophomore year of high school. Saved up my first 2 checks and went that saturday morning and bought the hell outta those shoes. I literally did everything in them. Went to dances, dates, played ball. Everything. Definitely got my money's worth. When they re released when I was an adult, it was a no brainer to buy them again. Those shoes will always be special to me.

I was in 5th grade, 30 years ago. There were two kids in my school that had the 3's, and to this day I still remember their names only because they had them. So, i begged my parents for Jordans, because those two kids were the coolest. My parents weren't having it. No way, would they spend $100+ on a pair of shoes. Well, right before my birthday, my Grandma asked if she could take me birthday shopping. I asked her to buy me a Air Jordan T Shirt. So, we went to the mall and to FootLocker, becasue that s where you bought the "Character" Jordan shirts at that time. (You know the ones....a cartoon drawing of a b-ball player with a big head.)
When we walked in, I see that they had just received their first pairs of Air Jordan 4's. I had never even seen them before. I couldn't believe my eyes. Long story short, my grandma bought them for me. I had to wait another two weeks for my birthday to actually here to wear them. But then I remember being so excited to wear them to school for the first time, only to be made fun of by a few others that had them, becasue I was still wearing grade school sizing....and there was a slight difference in the shoe. I was devastated.

Grandparent will always buy you the expensive ****, lol. My gramps bought my sister the black metallic 5s cause I had the grapes.

Dad bought me shadow 10s in 1994. The uncs just dropped and shadows went on sale. I still remember it clearly. I miss those days. Great time to be 12 or 13.

My friends would get together at the park every saturday and play football. Sundays we'd ride bikes up to mcdonalds and then watch nfl games. Jerry Rice was doing things that year.

Back
Top Bottom