Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Going to Paris this weekend. Staying for 2.5 days. How much should I budget?

Assuming 3 meals a day, and 4-5 drinks at night. :lol: with a little extra built in for other stuff.

I went three months ago and spent like $2K over 3 days between meals, Uber’s (mistake), and tourist stuff. This time around I’m skipping most of the touristy stuff and will rely on the train more.

Currently in London, any recommendations for dinner? Interested in East London area if possible.

2699058F-149D-48F9-9214-C2F09FB9189D.jpeg
Playa de la Concha, San Sebastián/Donostia.

Anyone been to Seoul by chance?

Thinking of heading there in November and was wondering what to do.

I always go there for a layover but never went there for a real vacation lol.

-Drew

Seoul is a pretty fun city if you're into food and nightlife (probably my favorite city for these two things in the world)

My top 3:

-Namdaemun Market: Amazing street food during the weekends, funny to see all the souvenirs and fake Supreme for sale everywhere :lol:
-Hongdae District: full of fun bars and good restaurants/street food. This is THE spot in Seoul for going out. Gangnam is overrated
-Bukchon Hanok Village: traditional neighborhood with great views of the city. There's some good breweries and street food at the bottom level too

There's some good hiking opportunities (such as Bukhansan) if you have the time and if the weather is nice, but it might be a bit too cold to do so in November

Itaewon is usually recommended by people, but it's one of those expats spots that's full of English teachers and military dudes acting a fool. I usually avoid people from back home when I travel, so that place is wack to me.

You can honestly cover all the best spots in Seoul in 2-3 days, so I'd combine it with a 2-3 day Tokyo trip as well (which is what I always do). The cities are a 2-3 hour flight apart

Edit: NVM, I just saw you have a Tokyo trip planned. But you can definitely check out another city around that time as well. I'd say Shanghai (if you want to get a Chinese visa), Hong Kong, or Taipei

Last edited:
Traveling to Berlin for a few days at the tale end of a European trip...Hostel? I am trying to enjoy some night life too...

ya'll be getting it in with the international travel, i'm looking forward to my 1st international trip this year to cuba, but i try to go somewhere every month, i just got back from kcmo, headed to new orleans next week, sometimes i just take daytrips for the hell of it & i love trying different coffees & places, lol. i also fly places for dinner sometimes, lol.

Currently in London, any recommendations for dinner? Interested in East London area if possible.

London isnt really known for its food but if you like asian food its a chain its called Wagamama and check out Las Iguanas or Honest Burgers there all at southbank right when you get off at the waterloo trainstation

oh and if you still there i would not even waste time getting their fish and chips.

oh and a freebie check out stickywings if you are into chicken wings. I met the owners and they are some cool people they like americans and own a house in orlando. They won a bunch of wing competitions

We're actually staying a few blocks away from Parque lleras.

How was the food out there? Any spots that you would recommend?
the food is great man, for traditional colombian food in the area i liked casa de beto on carrera 42. for a more upscale vibe i liked this spot called 37 park. there was a great colombian breakfast spot on calle 10 called desayunadero too. like i said it's def a very touristy area so you can get damn near anything but those spots stuck out a little to me.

Made it to Punta Cana... really wish I had brought some edibles and my. Ape pen, wasn't searched at all by TSA or customs. Oh well, I have plenty of liquor and this resort is huge!
which one did u end up going to ?

try that booze cruise to isla saona youll enjoy it

Made it to Punta Cana... really wish I had brought some edibles and my. Ape pen, wasn't searched at all by TSA or customs. Oh well, I have plenty of liquor and this resort is huge!

damn i miss PC! just get cool with one of the workers.

Seoul is a pretty fun city if you're into food and nightlife (probably my favorite city for these two things in the world)

My top 3:

-Namdaemun Market: Amazing street food during the weekends, funny to see all the souvenirs and fake Supreme for sale everywhere :lol:
-Hongdae District: full of fun bars and good restaurants/street food. This is THE spot in Seoul for going out. Gangnam is overrated
-Bukchon Hanok Village: traditional neighborhood with great views of the city. There's some good breweries and street food at the bottom level too

There's some good hiking opportunities (such as Bukhansan) if you have the time and if the weather is nice, but it might be a bit too cold to do so in November

Itaewon is usually recommended by people, but it's one of those expats spots that's full of English teachers and military dudes acting a fool. I usually avoid people from back home when I travel, so that place is wack to me.

You can honestly cover all the best spots in Seoul in 2-3 days, so I'd combine it with a 2-3 day Tokyo trip as well (which is what I always do). The cities are a 2-3 hour flight apart

Edit: NVM, I just saw you have a Tokyo trip planned. But you can definitely check out another city around that time as well. I'd say Shanghai (if you want to get a Chinese visa), Hong Kong, or Taipei

Thanks bro!

Yeah usually when I go to Japan I like making it solely a Japan trip. I love the country.

I was trying to plan a trip to somewhere new in Asia because my girl was getting bored of Japan she says.
I told her that's blasphemous. :lol:

A lot of my co-workers from my old job are Korean and they always told me to go visit one day.

-Drew

Any recommendations for Japan? Planning a trip for the fall, looking like 12days. Any and everything is appreciated NT.

Lucky... I've always wanted to go to Japan.

On another note, I'm leaving PC tomorrow .. and I can't wait! This is probably the worst vacation I've ever been on, topping out Atlanta, which I also went on my birthday many years ago.

I know the resort is mostly to blame. The service here at Barcelo Bavaro Palace is terrible. The food is awful. I honestly wish I had missed my flight and stayed home, even though I would have still been upset as I would be ignorant to how ****ty it really is here. **** this place. Makes me appreciate home that much more. Left there ***** asses a lengthy 1 star Google review.

Heading to Vegas in the middle of June with the lady. From Thursday-Sunday. I went there about 4 yrs ago but I felt like I didn’t get the full Vegas experience.

What would y’all suggest to do? I will be staying in Paris Las Vegas.

Any recommendations for Japan? Planning a trip for the fall, looking like 12days. Any and everything is appreciated NT.

Can only give recommendations on Tokyo since I usually only have a few days to stay in Japan on every trip.

-Skip the Tokyo Skytree if you want a viewpoint of the city. The Roppongi Hills viewpoint is 100x better and also has an interesting art museum to check out. Surrounding area of Roppongi is also one of the main areas for clubs if you're into that
-Don't fall for the ads for the Gundam cafe. It looks cool on paper but is basically Chuck E Cheese in real life
- Go Go Curry house>>>> most of the locations are really tiny compared to the more international spots, but the chicken and curry here are much better
-check out the teamLab Borderless Tokyo digital art museums. The exhibits and light shows there are amazing
-There's a multi story souvenir/electronics/snacks shop called Don Quixote. I think there's multiple locations, I just usually take people to the one in Shibuya area. My friends usually spend an hour or two in there just buying and browsing all the unique (and hilarious) items
-Speaking of Shibuya, it's the main center for shopping, nightlife, restaurants, etc along with Shinjuku
-Asakusa: traditional Japanese architecture, temples, restaurants, etc. Some of my favorite green tea ice cream and street food spots are here
-Akihabara: I'm not really into video games or anime, but it's worth checking out just for the sheer scale of all the arcades and shops they have there. Go to a maid cafe if you want to experience the weirdest cafe you'll ever go to (it's not sexual...just strange :lol: )
-Ginza: high end shopping area. Not really much to see here but it's a more relaxed area to stay in, and it also has a restaurant called Ginza Steak House that you should check out ($$$ but really good)

There's other districts I've been to in Tokyo, but these are just the most repeat worthy IMO. It's such a massive city that you can spend days there and still not see even 50% of it

Can only give recommendations on Tokyo since I usually only have a few days to stay in Japan on every trip.

-Skip the Tokyo Skytree if you want a viewpoint of the city. The Roppongi Hills viewpoint is 100x better and also has an interesting art museum to check out. Surrounding area of Roppongi is also one of the main areas for clubs if you're into that
-Don't fall for the ads for the Gundam cafe. It looks cool on paper but is basically Chuck E Cheese in real life
- Go Go Curry house>>>> most of the locations are really tiny compared to the more international spots, but the chicken and curry here are much better
-check out the teamLab Borderless Tokyo digital art museums. The exhibits and light shows there are amazing
-There's a multi story souvenir/electronics/snacks shop called Don Quixote. I think there's multiple locations, I just usually take people to the one in Shibuya area. My friends usually spend an hour or two in there just buying and browsing all the unique (and hilarious) items
-Speaking of Shibuya, it's the main center for shopping, nightlife, restaurants, etc along with Shinjuku
-Asakusa: traditional Japanese architecture, temples, restaurants, etc. Some of my favorite green tea ice cream and street food spots are here
-Akihabara: I'm not really into video games or anime, but it's worth checking out just for the sheer scale of all the arcades and shops they have there. Go to a maid cafe if you want to experience the weirdest cafe you'll ever go to (it's not sexual...just strange :lol: )
-Ginza: high end shopping area. Not really much to see here but it's a more relaxed area to stay in, and it also has a restaurant called Ginza Steak House that you should check out ($$$ but really good)

There's other districts I've been to in Tokyo, but these are just the most repeat worthy IMO. It's such a massive city that you can spend days there and still not see even 50% of it

Appreciate that. Shinjuku and Shibuya are on my list. I'm going to be staying near Nakano station, from what I understand it's very close to both.

I've heard go go curry is :pimp: definitely try and hit up the other spots.

Appreciate that. Shinjuku and Shibuya are on my list. I'm going to be staying near Nakano station, from what I understand it's very close to both.

I've heard go go curry is :pimp: definitely try and hit up the other spots.

Oh yeah, Nakano has a ton of great food spots too. There's an entire long semi indoor street full of shops and restaurants right near the station. If you like seafood, try the takoyaki stand right across from the station (it's kind of like a fried octopus ball; I'm not a huge seafood fan but I love those)

The best part of Tokyo is that you can hop into any restaurant on the street, and it'll almost always be good. Same quality restaurants here usually have 30-60 minute wait times

Oh yeah, Nakano has a ton of great food spots too. There's an entire long semi indoor street full of shops and restaurants right near the station. If you like seafood, try the takoyaki stand right across from the station (it's kind of like a fried octopus ball; I'm not a huge seafood fan but I love those)

The best part of Tokyo is that you can hop into any restaurant on the street, and it'll almost always be good. Same quality restaurants here usually have 30-60 minute wait times

Love takoyaki. Def gonna hit up that stand.

Respect!

Back
Top Bottom