Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

bendover bendover

São Paulo is so huge (Biggest City in America (South and North) - don’t know if you’ll be able to explore everything.

Definitely check out:

Batman Alley
Galeria do Rock
Bar da Dona Onca - very tasteful food
If you’re into hiking - Parque Estadual Jaragua
For art - Museu de Arte de São Paulo
Visit - Liberdade (this area is like Little Tokyo) Brazil has the 2nd largest population of Japanese in the world.
Do Dinner in the Sky
Oldest museum in São Paulo - pinacoteca do estado
Casa de Pedera
São Paulo Cathedral -but be aware that outside of the building looks like tent city San Fransisco - Crack Alley - looks like zombie land

In Rio -

Make sure you visit this steakhouse - the best I’ve ever been and the view is amazing - Assador Rio is the name of it

And make sure you do Little Africa tour in Rio and learn about Afro Brazilian and the creation of Samba

Last edited:
My boy wanna go to Scottsdale for his bday soon…. Does Scottsdale pop every weekend like Vegas or is it quiet on the off days?
Thanks

depends...you trying to smoke :smokin and/or beat the brakes off hookers? or no?
I'm open to any tips on what to enjoy while we're out there
1648484778551.png

well, when I went (not a smoker) my wife wanted to get a blunt (this was before you could buy legally in the states) which we shared and I took the fattest smash in my life at the coffee shop we got it from 💩

went to the Anne Frank house...it was aight

drank some nice Belgian beers at Cafe Belgique...it's a brown bar in the city center...small but cozy

they have a couple of benches outside but even if their occupied you can just kind of loom around the narrow street and have a drink...people would go there to have a drink and smoke a cigarette, once they finished their beer they would light up their spliff :smokin

94_big.jpg

cafe-belgique.jpg

bar_640_480_Cafe-Belgique-copy-copy_55070011332cb.jpg

there's plenty of other brown bars in the city that seem to be highly recommended

If there on a day (might be Wednesdays) where they have a free lunch concert at Concertgebouw I highly recommend it...I went their and got high on life...put me in the most relaxed state ever in my life

gotta go to the red light district to at least point at the prostitutes like zoo animals...if you go by the ones off the beaten path they get uglier and I'm sure are cheaper and do more disgusting ****...I literally saw one cleaning the top of a wooden stool with a dirty *** mop head wondering what the hell went on in there when the curtains were closed :sick:

if you do make your way to the red light district be sure to take lots of pictures...they love that

Going on a 7 day mediterranean cruise - Spain, Italy, France in June.

Going on the new Wonder of the Seas Royal Caribbean. I think it’s the biggest cruise ship in the world and was just built (2022). Just the wifey and I.

Pretty excited very rarely take vacations. Took one last year in May 2021 for the first time in 6 years to Hawaii for our honeymoon. Forgot how absolutely amazing a week of just unplugging, eating, walking, sleeping and looking can be.

Heading to Spain for 18 days.

We landing in Madrid and leaving in Barcelona.

Suggestions?

Think 5 days in both Madrid and Barcelona while doing a few day trips ...

Maybe Toledo/Seville/Ronda/Montserrat and probably stayin a couple of days in Valencia.

Not sure yet.

Off to Rome again - this time to meet the kiddo. Princess is there for a week.

What you getting into? I think this Turkey work trip is happening, and pretty sure I'm gonna hop over to Italy from there. Wanted to head down to the Naples area to see Pompeii, and was thinking of heading towards Amalfi coast area. Talked to a buddy who said Amalfi is like all couples though, so he suggested not the best spot to hang out solo.

Suggestions?

Maybe Toledo/Seville/Ronda/Montserrat and probably stayin a couple of days in Valencia.

Not sure yet.

I’ve heard Mallorca is unreal

What you getting into? I think this Turkey work trip is happening, and pretty sure I'm gonna hop over to Italy from there. Wanted to head down to the Naples area to see Pompeii, and was thinking of heading towards Amalfi coast area. Talked to a buddy who said Amalfi is like all couples though, so he suggested not the best spot to hang out solo.

I just dropped in to see her - she’s staying, I’m leaving tomorrow actually. Flew into Rome (I been here before) - went shopping and a couple of museums. Went to Tuscany region to see Cortona - beautiful - like the movies.

Suggestions?

Not sure yet.
Had some of the best food in my life in Sevilla, incredible tapas, super reasonable prices and good portions, I think I have their card at home I can't remember the name right now. Went there like three times the staff and owner were chopping it up and drinking with us, great people. Right in the center of the old town

If you enjoy hiking, do the Monserrat hike up to the summit, it's pretty easy and great views. Only like an hour and some change train from Barcelona

Catch a Barca or Real/Atletico game if you into soccer

Suggestions?

Not sure yet.
went to Barca...

any Antoni Gaudi architect is worth checking out...even if it's not paying a fee to go inside which likely you will have to pay for

La Sagrada Familia is probably the biggest draw for his architecture in Barcelona

I highly recommend Park Guell

La Boqueria market which is on Las Ramblas...we went there for lunch pretty much everyday

tried tapas while I was there and wasn't a fan

we stayed in the Gothic district and our apartment was directly above a restaurant called Pasta Bar which we loved and my wife got food I think three times while there...highly recommended

https://macchinapastabar.com/

basically, you pick the pasta you want, toppings if you elect to have any, and the sauce you want

apparently they have multiple locations now

the beach is worth checking out if weather is in your favor...a lot of people openly smoking blunts, making mojitos on the beach, vendors walking by selling mojitos

good night life...a lot of cool bars

I can post pics later if you want

Last edited:
Had some of the best food in my life in Sevilla, incredible tapas, super reasonable prices and good portions, I think I have their card at home I can't remember the name right now. Went there like three times the staff and owner were chopping it up and drinking with us, great people. Right in the center of the old town

If you enjoy hiking, do the Monserrat hike up to the summit, it's pretty easy and great views. Only like an hour and some change train from Barcelona

Catch a Barca or Real/Atletico game if you into soccer
Undecided if we should go to Seville and if we go do a day trip or stay a few nights.

Im advocating 3 to 4 nights in Seville with a day trip to Ronda.

Rec.

went to Barca...

any Antoni Gaudi architect is worth checking out...even if it's not paying a fee to go inside which likely you will have to pay for

La Sagrada Familia is probably the biggest draw for his architecture in Barcelona

I highly recommend Park Guell

La Boqueria market which is on Las Ramblas...we went there for lunch pretty much everyday

tried tapas while I was there and wasn't a fan

we stayed in the Gothic district and our apartment was directly above a restaurant called Pasta Bar which we loved and my wife got food I think three times while there...highly recommended

https://macchinapastabar.com/

apparently they have multiple locations now
How many days you stay And was it enough or to much? Did you go other places?

If you do go to Sevilla, take a train and go to Cordoba, see the mosque. Only thing I regretted not doing cause we got back from the bars at like 7 AM smh

barcelona -
do a camp nou tour
check out barceloneta beach
check out a flamenco show
if you want to eat at a really nice spot, check out Can Culleretes. its the oldest catalan restaurant in barcelona

I just dropped in to see her - she’s staying, I’m leaving tomorrow actually. Flew into Rome (I been here before) - went shopping and a couple of museums. Went to Tuscany region to see Cortona - beautiful - like the movies.

Any suggestions for someone who has never been? Have about 8 free days after my trip to Turkey, so trying to figure out a game plan. I think that's too long to spend just in Rome, so wondering if it would be worth it to head to Florence from there, or down to Naples area, or if I should spend a couple of those days in another country.

Flight out of Turkey will be out of Izmir airport (ADB), which doesn't have any direct flights to Italy so I'm going to have to connect somewhere anyway. Could fly direct from Izmir to somewhere like Zurich, Munich, Vienna, etc. and stay for a couple days, before heading to Rome.

Any suggestions for someone who has never been? Have about 8 free days after my trip to Turkey, so trying to figure out a game plan. I think that's too long to spend just in Rome, so wondering if it would be worth it to head to Florence from there, or down to Naples area, or if I should spend a couple of those days in another country.

Flight out of Turkey will be out of Izmir airport (ADB), which doesn't have any direct flights to Italy so I'm going to have to connect somewhere anyway. Could fly direct from Izmir to somewhere like Zurich, Munich, Vienna, etc. and stay for a couple days, before heading to Rome.

Check this guy out. Chef from New York who’s always in Italy. He has some on his saved stories and also has a YouTube channel

You can see all of Rome in 2 days - The Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, Vatican Museum, Spanish Steps, Castel Sant’Angelo,Borghese Gallery, Altar of the Fatherland, eat and chill in Trastevere (get lost in the town).

I would visit Florence - I heard it’s beautiful there. 23soles 23soles John Wick John Wick can give you advice in Florence.

How many days you stay And was it enough or to much? Did you go other places?
we stayed in Barca a few nights

I would have liked more time there

would have done a day trip somewhere and would have been interested in going to the church of the secred heart on Mount Tibidabo

another thing we did while there was magic fountain of Montjuic where they do a light show at night

Back
Top Bottom