Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Any one have some good recommendations on all inclusive resorts in Cancun. Never been before but would like to take a trip down there this summer looked it up and there are so many to chose from.

Tell them you know me and the exec team needs to make an exception

Let me know if you need anything in gun wavin New Haven!
HQ is in Hartford, but I’ll see if we can make time for our homies in New Haven. This merger is essentially doubling our census though, so gotta have all hands on deck for it the rest of the year.

Anything cool in Portland near the airport? Flying there next month to do a PNW road trip with my sisters, and they dont get in until like 6pm but I might catch an early flight to explore the city. Unless its a **** hole

Has anyone here been to Mexico City? Just booked an impromptu trip with a good friend to visit our friend who lives there in late July. Our friend there is a native so can be our guide but just wanted to see what others did while there. My buddy and I, both late 30s, are into hiking, happy hours, sports, sightseeing like pyramids/ruins, some nightlife and walking around the city. Was doing some light research yesterday and the canal in Xochimilco sounded interesting. Any tips or experiences y'all had there would be much appreciated.

We are only going to be there for four nights so just looking for daily activities.

Lot of people in this thread loved CDMX, myself included.

I think the art museum and archeological museum were both very interesting. The main central park was beautiful, the tree lined streets with the walking path in the middle, tacos everywhere (orinoco). The centro area between the art museum and the big basilica, and the ruins. The Castle. I didn't do the pyramids but thats what I want to hit next time for sure. Lucha Libre match. The Patrick Miller nightclub was a blast until like 3-4am.

I stayed in La Condesa, but Roma Norte and Polanco are also cool / safer neighborhoods.

Anything cool in Portland near the airport? Flying there next month to do a PNW road trip with my sisters, and they dont get in until like 6pm but I might catch an early flight to explore the city. Unless its a **** hole
There’s a Buffalo Wild Wings not far from there. And really cheap nicotine pouches at the gas stations.

I stayed at I think the Tru near the airport when I went and Downtown/the cool stuff was only like a 15-20 drive from there. Tons of cool spots, and I have some friends who still live up there that I can ask for recs if you fly in early. Went to a brewery then across the street to this Asian bbq fusion type place for dinner in the middle of a neighborhood and it was pretty awesome.

Everything is close. Can’t go wrong in the burnside part of town. Hit up deadstock coffee. Fo da culture

Might check this out. Any other sneaker or similar shops worth hitting?

There’s a Buffalo Wild Wings not far from there. And really cheap nicotine pouches at the gas stations.

I stayed at I think the Tru near the airport when I went and Downtown/the cool stuff was only like a 15-20 drive from there. Tons of cool spots, and I have some friends who still live up there that I can ask for recs if you fly in early. Went to a brewery then across the street to this Asian bbq fusion type place for dinner in the middle of a neighborhood and it was pretty awesome.

I arrive at 8:35am, sisters don't in until after 5.

I saw some Japanese Gardens, not sure how cool or uncool that is. :emoji_mushroom: are legal there arent they? Maybe go on a little solo adventure

Might check this out. Any other sneaker or similar shops worth hitting?

I arrive at 8:35am, sisters don't in until after 5.

I saw some Japanese Gardens, not sure how cool or uncool that is. :emoji_mushroom: are legal there arent they? Maybe go on a little solo adventure

Japanese gardens kinda a waste. You could visit Powells bookstore instead. WELLLLLL worth it, IMO that’s the only MUST do thing in Portland. Here’s a list of the author events this month and next month

Legit food spots:

1: papi chulos

2: sugar pine drive in: it’s a bit of a ways out, but if your headed OUT of the city in that direction, it’s world renown.

3: voodoo donuts

4: Lauretta Jeans

5: Phuket cafe (proposed to
My fiancé here

There’s probably like 50 million other really good spots, but these are pretty damn good options.

got a trip to japan lined up for the end of june. inspired by lovehateself lovehateself who posted some of his photos a few months back.

First time there and will be spending two weeks out there. Finally got around to booking hotels and some short day trips. Getting excited as the date nears but also nervous about travling from Narita to Tokyo once my plane lands. Once I clear immigration and customs I think I’ll be cutting it pretty close to when the last train departs from

been doing some dives on reddit and youtube, maaaan surprisingly the internet can be a very helpful place :lol:

got a trip to japan lined up for the end of june. inspired by lovehateself lovehateself who posted some of his photos a few months back.

First time there and will be spending two weeks out there. Finally got around to booking hotels and some short day trips. Getting excited as the date nears but also nervous about travling from Narita to Tokyo once my plane lands. Once I clear immigration and customs I think I’ll be cutting it pretty close to when the last train departs from

been doing some dives on reddit and youtube, maaaan surprisingly the internet can be a very helpful place :lol:
Monta Ellis Handshake GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Let me know if you need help with anything mane

I’m going to Salt Lake City for a day - any recommendations for food places to try?

Also, going to Cincinnati for a concert, any recommendations for food?

Portlands an amazing food city and it's small and easy to get around. Tons of great scenery up and down the Columbia gorge, Powell's is cool, and walking around Forest Park is a good way to kill time.

For food, Eem, Matta, Hat Yai, Blue Star donuts, and Apizza Scholls are all great.

Also forgot to mention the strip clubs. For real. The Acropolis was founded by a rancher so you can get a prime ribeye for like $8 that's legitimately good.

Back
Top Bottom