Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Could've been safe but people tend to have blinders on when they vacation in unfamiliar places. Like when I took vacations to Caribbean with my lady there's certain **** she wanted to do and places she wanted to go but I just knew this ain't the thing for tourists.

CDMX def has some sketchy areas that are what tourists would likely refer to as “up and coming” like Juarez, but it’s generally heavily policed and set up to encourage tourism.

i was there in Feb and ill be going back for labor day wknd
no safety issues, but things can change in an instant with all the cartel uproar the past few weeks in Juarez, and Tijuana

I'm going to Guadalajara & Tequila in a couple of weeks :frown:.

Fory heavy traveller's, do you add FF or what CC you guys using?

Really thinking about cancelling my Amex Platnium. Hardly use the lounges or benefits.

Going to Cancun next weekend. Peeped the weather and it doesn’t look good. Hopefully things change.

Anyways what clubs/lounges do y’all recommend in the Hotel Zone?

Spent the last 2 weeks in Peru. Hit Lima, Huacachina, Arequipa, Puno, and Cusco. Great time.

C6DE6F54-CAFA-41A6-9B36-C30353272C3E.jpeg 5F3ADBD9-F891-489E-8EE4-F0B56F2AE2E4.jpeg 9437C44E-F353-4FAA-88FA-6A434A134839.jpeg B856111A-72C7-45F5-867B-AC958A9841CC.jpeg 708939F5-79CC-4D15-AA7D-5853314BE5AB.jpeg B35702F3-7998-4749-9E80-E4D0A08E7AB2.jpeg 103295FA-2213-4A49-B1B0-22B5AF2669C3.jpeg DCE38740-E2BC-47CF-BA31-F97125DF51BC.jpeg 653DB459-E2DD-45BF-AC7F-8D214F079716.jpeg BADE3BF6-D366-4354-983B-36981F1AA283.jpeg

Any suggestions for Mexico City? I thought someone in here visited recently. I have a work trip next month and I think I might delay my flight back a couple of days so I can explore.

Safety an issue? Can I easily get around via Uber?
Mexico City is cool, been there a few times. Most recently during the F1 Grand Prix. Uber/cabify is there. The subway is pretty easy to use as well.

For wrestling, there's Arena Mexico (Bigger brand matches) and Arena Coliseo (More amateur, but still fun to watch and a big crowd). The Arena Mexico tickets tend to sell out faster fyi

On Sundays they close down lanes on Reforma (main avenue) so people can ride bikes. Rent a city bike near Bella Artes museum and ride down to Parque Lincoln in Palanco. It's no more than 5 miles and you'll come across most of statues, building, parks, museums, etc.

Palanco has nice restaurants and some high end shopping if thats your thing.

Spend a night out at to Plaza Villa de Madrid/Plaza Cibeles in Roma Norte for bars/restaurants. Just look for GinGin in Roma Norte and you'll be in the area.

Heading to Montreal/Quebec City next week with family. Any recs?
In Montreal I went to La Banquise for some legit poutine. They take American currency too & the quantity they give is insane. It's so damn fresh.

St-Viateur Bagel for thin Montreal styled bagels. Dough was fresh & warm. Go to Old Montreal neighborhood to admire the beautiful architecture if you're into that kind of stuff. They have plenty of charming cafes & shops here.

I didn't do this one because I didn't know about it when I was there but check out Habitat 67. It's a uniquely designed residential structure that draws a good amount of crowds & makes for a dope photo op.

We couldn't get out of Montreal fast enough, lol, because of their terrible roads. So many potholes & neglected roads all over the city. If you're driving I highly recommend to get yourself an SUV.

In Montreal I went to La Banquise for some legit poutine. They take American currency too & the quantity they give is insane. It's so damn fresh.

St-Viateur Bagel for thin Montreal styled bagels. Dough was fresh & warm. Go to Old Montreal neighborhood to admire the beautiful architecture if you're into that kind of stuff. They have plenty of charming cafes & shops here.

I didn't do this one because I didn't know about it when I was there but check out Habitat 67. It's a uniquely designed residential structure that draws a good amount of crowds & makes for a dope photo op.

We couldn't get out of Montreal fast enough, lol, because of their terrible roads. So many potholes & neglected roads all over the city. If you're driving I highly recommend to get yourself an SUV.
Just added habitat 67 to the list! Looked up pics. Looks sweet. Same for the bagel spot. Had already seen some pics of that poutine place and it looks nuts can’t wait to try it out.

We’ll be in a Hyundai palisade so hopefully that’ll go smoothly. :lol:

Just added habitat 67 to the list! Looked up pics. Looks sweet. Same for the bagel spot. Had already seen some pics of that poutine place and it looks nuts can’t wait to try it out.

We’ll be in a Hyundai palisade so hopefully that’ll go smoothly. :lol:
Agreed, Habitat 67 looks dope. Wish I knew of it when I was up there. I'm a NY'er so I like my bagels fat & pillowy, lol but Montreals were a nice one time experience. They look damn near anorexic next to a NYC bagel :lol: but different regions means different styles so one must try for the culture.

You're going to absolutely love LA Banquise. I can't begin to tell you how fresh everything there is & the mountain of poutine they give.

Oh Palisade! You'll be just fine. You won't feel a thing in that behemoth. We went in this- my brother's 1995 Maxima which he lowered by 3 inches which in turn made those bumps & potholes hurt even more :lol:. On the other hand I don't think anyone had ever seen a Maxima in Montreal before then because we broke necks everywhere we went & we everybody was staring at that ancient Nissan.

I went back in 2019 so lemme know what those roads look like 3 years later lol & post pics of the places you go. Would love to see it all 👍.
Screenshot_20220826-180420_Chrome.jpg

Agreed, Habitat 67 looks dope. Wish I knew of it when I was up there. I'm a NY'er so I like my bagels fat & pillowy, lol but Montreals were a nice one time experience. They look damn near anorexic next to a NYC bagel :lol: but different regions means different styles so one must try for the culture.

You're going to absolutely love LA Banquise. I can't begin to tell you how fresh everything there is & the mountain of poutine they give.

Oh Palisade! You'll be just fine. You won't feel a thing in that behemoth. We went in this- my brother's 1995 Maxima which he lowered by 3 inches which in turn made those bumps & potholes hurt even more :lol:. On the other hand I don't think anyone had ever seen a Maxima in Montreal before then because we broke necks everywhere we went & we everybody was staring at that ancient Nissan.

I went back in 2019 so lemme know what those roads look like 3 years later lol & post pics of the places you go. Would love to see it all 👍.
Screenshot_20220826-180420_Chrome.jpg
Ya I can see why that Nissan got looks. :lol: For sure I’ll post pics when I get back and report back on road conditions! Thanks for the tips!

Real talk, y’all think india is safe Covid wise? Trying to get my dad to retire (62, on blood pressure meds, overweight) He’s got his sister and brother there. He’s got a place that’s paid off too and it’s close to fam. I’m just worried. They’re all saying it’s safe, nothing to worry about, but they all got it and the ppl over there don’t care at all. So that’s how they’re lookin it at. Idk if this is the right place to post it.

I’m really the only one being anxious about it and he listens to me the most lol.

(I’d be going too and I’d end up doing an online masters while there. Then we’d probably both come back here for a bit and just bounce around. I’m not abondoning my dad or tryna push him out if that’s what it sounded like Lolol. )

Going to visit San Antonio and then the Texas Coast in mid-September. Know of any places worth checking out?

Heard the French we're rude AF.. esp if you don't try speaking french to them.

How was your experience?

I've been twice and never got that feeling at all. Neither did my parents when they were there 30 years ago.

It's a great city to spend full day walking all around. You can hit a number of museums/fashion houses/tourist destinations on foot in one day.

Get a dinner reservation and Le vent d'Armor. Trust me.

I know I asked already, but any other tips for Mexico City?

I think I'm gonna book an Airbnb like this:

Prob stick to the Polanco area. Hit some museums, the castle, restaurants over in that area. Rent a bike and ride around to see some different areas.

Back
Top Bottom