Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Booked my flights for London in March.

Only staying for 4 days but I feel that’s enough for me.

Time to make my itinerary :pimp:
Already made reservations to Petrus by Gordon Ramsay.

Any other recommendations are appreciated

Booked a trip for the family to Hawaii in March. Anyone got any cool things to check out? What's overrated and whats underrated?

Booked a trip for the family to Hawaii in March. Anyone got any cool things to check out? What's overrated and whats underrated?

Depending on which island, go on a whale tour. Maui's west shore is like a baby whale nursery. Do a tour with a smaller boat if possible. We did one with the inflated tube sides that only held like 15 people and it was a great experience.

Been wanting to hit NY for a while now so I'm down for whatever. All the above I guess :lol:

Are there any borough tours worth doing?
No doubt. Let me compile a list for you, lol.

Food: For pizza we have Dani's in Queens, Dunwoodie in Yonkers, Pugsley in the Bronx, John's of Bleeker in Manhattan(expect to wait in line a little here), New Park pizza in Queens, Best Pizza in Williamsburg. I have PLENTY more pizza recs as it's my all time fave food but these few are a good small amount to recommend, lol.

For Thai food I like Top Thai on Carmine Street. Indian food in the 5 boroughs I like Sagar on Union Turnpike. It's a Chinese/Indian fusion restaurant. Dosa Hutt in Flushing is great for South Indian style food which differs from regular mainstream Indian food.

Dessert: Surreal Creamery 2nd Ave in Manhattan, Oasis Cafe in Queens(their pastries are elite), Chip City- superb moist & pillowy cookies in Bay Terrace, Queens. If you like Baklava head over to Steinway & go to Al Sham. Literally everything there is elite.

Lounging: I've only been to hookah lounges & not hardcore clubs & stuff so if you're into hookah Steinway Street in Queens has a great selection. The entire 10 block radius is heavy on Arab/Mediterranean food/entertainment/culture. Layali Dubai is laidback & Melody has 2 dance floors, hookah, belly dancers & bar. There's also a a dope hookah lounge near me called Fitoor. Great food/hookah/vibes/plenty of TVs playing different stuff. Expanding on lounging...plethora of strip clubs in Manhattan.

Touristy ****: Let's start with the obvious: Times Sq, lol. Bright lights, weird people as far as the eyes can see, plenty of shopping options. WTC memorial/museum(Manhattan). If you have the time check it out, it's a terrific experienc. USS Intrepid on Pier 86. It's a retired American aircraft carrier that's been converted & preserved as a museum. They also have air & space related exhibits. I love it, it's a lot of fun. The High Line- is a 1.45-mile-long elevated linear park, greenway and rail trail created on a former New York Central Railroad spur on the west side of Manhattan in New York City. Fun little stroll to a converted green space in the city. Little Island- a Island park with a striking stilt design, featuring flower beds & shows at a waterside amphitheater. It's a manmade walk space funded by some billionaire with artistic concrete flower beds.

It's neat & fun and not too far from the World Trade Center. Empire State Building: Observation deck($86 ticket) views of NYC from the 86th & 102nd floors of the world icon Empire State Building. I went here few weeks ago & few pages back posted some pictures. If you're into architecture & views from up above you'll love this. Times Sq has the M&M store/Disney store/Flagship Krispy Kreme/Ripley's Museum/Madame Tussauds wax museum & bunch more stuff. It's hectic in Times Sq but not going to lie without hoards of people it can be fun. Just keep your head on a swivel wealking around there & especially if you'll be using the Subway system. There's a lot of sus characters down there but you'll be ok just be aware of your surroundings at all times. Sorry not trying to scare you just want to keep it real & inform you best I can.

I have A **** ton of more recs, lol, just let me know.

Back
Top Bottom