Your Take On People Boycotting Bred 4 & 11 Release

Are you buying the Bred 4's and 11's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This "boycott" will end once the stores open & those who "boycotted" will be the main ones rushing to get inside to cop their pair or multiples. Is this "boycott" even nationwide?

We'll see the same people who say they are boycotting those releases, in line.

So it doesn't matter.

These people just want attention.

:smh:

No one is boycotting.

This isnt the 60's or 70's where boycotting really meant something and had power.  You have to understand for every 1 person that boycott's you'll have 5 still wanting the shoes, not to count your pair will most likely get scooped by a reseller!  Jordan brand is running on fumes... we have never seen so much heat drop in one year and look at next year!!!  They have a great challenge ahead of them... to produce a low quality product that has already been produced times before... make it limited and appealing to the next generation and old generations and make profit every time. Sooner than later there will be a Jordan retro release every week and if Jordan can switch the business model around and make the quantities limited... they would sell out every week!!!

I'll remember this thread when I see a slew of "boycotters" behind me in line for both of these releases.

Once the trend is gone, if it will ever happen.  You will see JB sitting on the shelves of Wal-Mart.

For every person that boycott's there will be another person in line....buying his pair and possibly your pair...Shoe game is messed up ya'll...the older crowd that knows the type of quality we should be receiving(because we had OGs or first retros) really can not make a difference boycotting...the new generation cares nothing about it...the sneaker fad has outgrown jewerly cars...and all other materialistic mess...really nothing we can do and the resellers...thats only fuel to the fire

This isnt the 60's or 70's where boycotting really meant something and had power.  You have to understand for every 1 person that boycott's you'll have 5 still wanting the shoes, not to count your pair will most likely get scooped by a reseller!  Jordan brand is running on fumes... we have never seen so much heat drop in one year and look at next year!!!  They have a great challenge ahead of them... to produce a low quality product that has already been produced times before... make it limited and appealing to the next generation and old generations and make profit every time. Sooner than later there will be a Jordan retro release every week and if Jordan can switch the business model around and make the quantities limited... they would sell out every week!!!

He won't capitalize off of making them more limited unless the price goes up...which will happen...sneakerheads are getting exploited but oh well....i should have not balled in all my Js in HS and College...i'll be picking up mine on RD

But these extra Retro + colorways, I'll leave the majority of those to the younger generation

Last edited:
I just want to hear some peoples ideas about the boycott that some people are taking for the fall and winter JB releases. Me personally, I won't be buying them but I won't go as for to say as I am boycotting them. I just don't feel it is worth the money for them anymore when you can get older retros for a few bucks more.

Go ahead and boycott. I'm sure the ratio is greater for people buying them, than boycotters.

2001 Retro 11 could set you back about $350-$400, possibly more.

1999 Retro 4 will set you back even more at over $500 and up, and they won't last you a lick if you wear them.

2008 CDP 4 I've seen them go for as much as $250-280.

So good luck on getting the older retros for a "few bucks more".

Last edited:
HIghly doubt many ppl are actually boycotting the Bred 11s, saying something and then actually doing it come release day is two different things. The same ppl saying to boycott will probably be low key trying to buy them come release day and if they miss out, preach the boycott reasoning as a fall back

Y'all wouldn't boycott Nike/JB for their labor practices, but you will because they raise their product is slipping?
mean.gif

A boycott usually has some lofty motive behind it. It's not the same as simply not copping...
No need to be so absolute about it - if you don't think the product is worth the money, don't buy it. If you think the next one is, buy it. ...You know, just exhibit the same consumer behavior you do in pretty much every other aspect of your lives.
But, since I hear talk of boycotting all the time, let me just say this. if any of you are actually serious about a boycott, you have to understand that even if it is successful, you won't see results for a long time. Ostensibly, you are trying to create a social change within a community - that isn't going to happen by the next release. The Air Jordan brand didn't achieve its popularity overnight and people didn't become "Jordanheads" over a few months. ...It's like dieting - it took you a long time to get fat, so you're not going to realistically lose all that weight in two weeks. Even if, for argument's sake, you mobilized a successful boycott of AJ numbered retros - you probably wouldn't actually start seeing marquis releases not sell out until mid 2014. It takes time for these things to develop real traction, just like the trends themselves.
(This is a much more serious answer than this post deserves)
Yes, this is why i pointed out that I am not considering myself not buying the releases as boycotting. To me if someone is to boycott then they shouldn't be wearing their jordan's they already own, cuz that would just be promoting JB. Maybe I didn't use the correct term for this. Maybe I shouldn't have used the term "boycott" but I have just been noticing the trend on youtube of the like jumpmanbostic and JStar talking either about they are "boycotting" are what they thought on it.

I know that even if there are a few people it won't matter a difference to JB since with each release there are so many more people looking to buy them either because of the new fad or to resell. But I just would like this culture to understand that they are being exploited. Though right now it seems like that will never happen because everybody wants to out do the next guy by showing that they got more shoes or they got the limited ones.

For the small amount of people "boycotting" there is still a massive amount of people who will still go anyways so this "protest" won't work

Reason people keep buying them is partly because t get the older retros now, the price is insane and also older ones are usually worn, beat down and sometimes unsuitable to be worn.  Its worth it to me to go out and cop these as opposed to paying an arm and a leg for an old sneaker that might have been worn and what not.  And I hope RI is full of boycotters to mallow me to get 2 of each in a damn sz 13 which seems to be mission impossible status these days.  

Lol those nerds on YouTube are the ones talking about this boycott crap I think it's dumb AF I will be buying both bred iv and xi

Meh, for everyone passing, there's gonna be someone glad to take your spot in line

Me personally, most J's have lost that grail/elusiveness, plus I would be pissed once I saw cracking on a pair of shoes I spent 160 on

I just lost the care over Jordans and shoes in general, occasionally purchase some Lebrons/Kobes/NSW

Quality + walking around my school and seeing 20 dudes with the same shoes as me just because they saw them on NiceKicks the night before

Why pay 160 to be a clone, and get low quality product on top of that

Yes, this is why i pointed out that I am not considering myself not buying the releases as boycotting. To me if someone is to boycott then they shouldn't be wearing their jordan's they already own, cuz that would just be promoting JB. Maybe I didn't use the correct term for this. Maybe I shouldn't have used the term "boycott" but I have just been noticing the trend on youtube of the like jumpmanbostic and JStar talking either about they are "boycotting" are what they thought on it.

I know that even if there are a few people it won't matter a difference to JB since with each release there are so many more people looking to buy them either because of the new fad or to resell. But I just would like this culture to understand that they are being exploited. Though right now it seems like that will never happen because everybody wants to out do the next guy by showing that they got more shoes or they got the limited ones.
Do not speak to fools they scorn the wisdom of your words.

boycott won't go too well. wont work, because you cant get enough people to boycott to make a difference. The effect will be like if I said okay i am passing on this release.

Last edited:
waste of time to those perspective boycotters :lol:

but hey if it means nike/eastbay/finishline servers won't crash then please boycott the F outta these releases :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom