Your team is down two, who would you give the ball to? Kobe? Jordan? Reggie? Bird? Horry? Magic?

^ You know whats crazy, Jordan isn't on that list and Lebron is so it goes to show u how valid a list like that really is.

EDIT: didnt see from 1996-1997, but that includes his final shot and 6 other game winners he and plus several other clutch baskets.

Originally Posted by VegasOner

^ You know whats crazy, Jordan isn't on that list and Lebron is so it goes to show u how valid a list like that really is.

EDIT: didnt see from 1996-1997, but that includes his final shot and 6 other game winners he and plus several other clutch baskets.
It's a minimum of 30 shots. I'n the 97-98 season Jordan didn't attempt 30 shots in the clutch 

^ Dont forget to add the 5 game winners while he was on the Wizards and several other clutch baskets there aswell.

Originally Posted by VegasOner

^ Dont forget to add the 5 game winners while he was on the Wizards and several other clutch baskets there aswell.

Yea MJ was still clutch after the 97 season (reg season , playoffs ,last shot with the bulls, and the shots with the wiz) but he just didn't have the attempts after 97 to be on the list .

So that means Turk, Rashard Lewis, and Glenn Robinson are more clutch than Kobe or Dirk. Right, then in this scenario I'll take any of those three after Jordan and Bird.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

HarlemToTheBronx:
Wide open with the ball somehow magically rolling to him off a broken play, I'd take that.
laugh.gif
Wait, wait, wait… so we're just going to act like the Rockets, Lakers, and Spurs never made plays for Big Shot Rob? And he has no reputation at all of knocking down shots when his number was called? He just capitalized on broken plays? Oh.

He's not in the class of a Jordan, Reggie, Bird etc IMO.
This ain't got %@%! to do with the "class" of player. That's all irrelevant. This is about who is CLUTCH enough to hit the shot. And he's hit just as many clutch shots are the rest of them. 
I'm going - 

MJ

Kobe

Reggie

In that order. 

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by scoop99

- 1993 Playoffs in the 2nd round against the Cleveland in Game 4, hits a shot on Gerald Wilkins who was all over him on the buzzer to complete the sweep

This game came on last night
pimp.gif

Him and Scottie went DUMB in the 4th.

But its either Mike or Larry... with Reggie being the option under 3 secs like Xtapolapacetl stated
Watched it too.  Just another level of basketball compared to the NBA today.  I had forgotten how nice that cavs team was...mark price, craig ehlo, gerald wilkins, larry nance, and brad daugherty.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Everyone's going to say Dirk because they just won the title. Ask this question after this upcoming season if the Mavs don't win...Hardly anyone will mention Dirk,

Gonna go with my two dudes, Kobe & MJ. Give me either, I'll live with the result win or lose.

This. Dirk is good, but not better the GOAT  and KOBE.

Jordan...
Kobe is the second choice

Now if the person is wide open it goes to Big Shot Bob

Originally Posted by PRIME

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Wait, wait, wait… so we're just going to act like the Rockets, Lakers, and Spurs never made plays for Big Shot Rob? And he has no reputation at all of knocking down shots when his number was called? He just capitalized on broken plays? Oh.

He's not in the class of a Jordan, Reggie, Bird etc IMO.
This ain't got %@%! to do with the "class" of player. That's all irrelevant. This is about who is CLUTCH enough to hit the shot. And he's hit just as many clutch shots are the rest of them. 
I'm going - 

MJ

Kobe

Reggie

In that order. 

What I meant was he's not in their class in the clutch. Funny how you said all then then left Horry off your list. I guess that's your way of agreeing with me.
laugh.gif

This clutch thing has ALWAYS been funny to me because some players have WAAAAY more opportunities to be "clutch."  If you look at the list, Kobe was able to attempt 100+ shots with less than a minute to go so he BETTER have more than other players who didn't get the opportunity to have as many "clutch" opportunities.  

mike or kobe, whichever is available that night. i'd trust either of them with my teams success.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Down by two for the win Bird or Kobe....easy
Tied or down by 1.... MJ, bird, Kobe, dirk,
LOL this tool trying to add kobe somehow in this discussion.
kobe is NOT shooting the ball when MJ, bird, and dirk are in a game.

might as well list every nba player you know lmao

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Kobe is the most overrated "clutch" player in NBA history.

not sure he is the most overrated but he's up there.

ya'll laker fans know lakers have lost more games than they have won when lakers are down by 1pt and kobe shot at the end.

i know this for the fact b/c i used to watch every laker game which realized how overrated kobe was down the stretch and overall as a player...

only smart ones can figure this out by seeing things out of the box.

Kobe wants it to much in the clutch and it gets the better of him sometimes. I've seen dude take too many awful shots and make dumb decisions at times to put him in the top 3 there.

Back
Top Bottom