Your Team's All-Time Great Starting Five VOL. NBA

Well since the Sonics don't exit anymore here is mine, bar none one of the would be nastiest teams ever if formed and all played within their prime

PG - The Glove
SG - Jesus Shuttleworth
SF - Durantula
PF - Tom Chambers
C - Shawn Kemp
Jack Sickma could be substituted in too, but ya know Tom Chambers and Shawn Kemp would just dunk on people lol

This. That team would be
sick.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
, Solid defensive/long squad leading to ally-oops from Glove to Kemp & KD all day leavin Jesus outside to bomb treys all day.

Well since the Sonics don't exit anymore here is mine, bar none one of the would be nastiest teams ever if formed and all played within their prime

PG - The Glove
SG - Jesus Shuttleworth
SF - Durantula
PF - Tom Chambers
C - Shawn Kemp
Jack Sickma could be substituted in too, but ya know Tom Chambers and Shawn Kemp would just dunk on people lol

This. That team would be
sick.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
, Solid defensive/long squad leading to ally-oops from Glove to Kemp & KD all day leavin Jesus outside to bomb treys all day.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

So in a playoff type tournament the all time squads would be seeded something like this?
LA
Boston
Chicago
Detroit
Miami
Portland
Orlando
SAS?
I know my top 3 seeds are money Im not so sure about having Boston ahead of Chicago though. Look I know that Boston has had greater success than Chicago, but they have more titles than LA tooand if where strictly talking about an all time squad of 5 players I venture to put Chicago ahead of Boston this will be important later though. Im gone put Chicago as the 3 .I put Detroit ahead of Miami as the 4 though Miami has more physical talent.
Portland and Orlando are the teams im having issue with, cause I know talent wise SA is last
There is no arguement against the fact that Clyde is better overall than all of the 1-3 Orlando is putting out, but the argument can be made that all those guys sans Penny had a better prime period than Clyde.

Ok then assume that the first round is chalk or close to it, so its LA
Boston whom would have fits with D12 and Shaq, and also if healthy Penny Tmac, and Hill but I will give it to them
Chicago would murder Portland or even Orlando
and I might take Miami against Detroit all time, just cause Both teams will be taking all jumpers and Miami would be better in that situation

So then its Boston vs Miami
and LA VS Chicago
Miami over Boston cause I like Tim as a 40% shooter more than I like Rondo shooting the ball period, and even if you were to put Johnson on the squad instead of Rondo its not like he would abuse Hardaway.
Wade> Pierce
Bron < Bird, but not by a great margin even now its the best SF, vs the 3rd best SF
Russell > Mourning, but in this era he isnt bothering Mourning as much as he did a Wilt, and realisticly he is stuck on the weak side waiting for Shaq to stop abusing KG
Chicago VS LA This would be for the presumative winner imo.
Unless you put a Center instead of a PF on the Lakers, Chicago is winning 1-4 because of their prowess on the defensive end, compared to the liability of a Magic defending a Rose, Jordan or Pippen.
Say you put Magic on Rodman, then your stuck facing Rose Pippen Jordan with Pau, or Kareem, Worthy, and Bryant or West. Maybe you give Kobe shuting down Pippen, you still got Rose and Jordan going off and that negates any advantage Shaq brings.
Add in the fact that Artis Gilmore is no slouch and I think they win
With Chicago you know they are going to take their chances with Magic shooting, the only Magic as a jump shooter than can beat you is 30years old and any shot he may have had of defending Rose or Jordan or Pippen, or heck even boxing out Dennis Rodman is gone. You take the younger Magic, then the Bulls deny Kobe with Pippen, defend Worthy with Jordan and let him come swipe down or Shaq or Kareem in in your worst case Pau, maybe you take Wilt as a Laker for the passing out of the double It in all honesty starts to get ugly cause your not getting the best Kareem, or really the best Shaq despite what the ages might say. Shaq was a better overall player in 1995, and in a game of one on one 1995 Shaq vs 2nd year 3peat Shaq im taking 1995 Shaq cause he is going to out run, out jump, and realisticly wont get punished as much down low as you might think. he would be a better hedger on screens, better defending the paint, and in a game where he wont get 25 shots either way 2001 Shaq is a liability against any team with decent wing men, and your talking about the best 2 and 3 combo ever.
So its Chicago Vs Miami and you know who im taking
Or heck even VS Boston and im taking
Pippen could not even guard rookie 7 ppg game/17 year old kobe much less prime kobe. Pippen was still 31 around that time.

Why does magic jumper come into play at all? Dude scored 40 in the finals as a rookie and you think he would not be able to score on the bulls?
roll.gif

So in a playoff type tournament the all time squads would be seeded something like this?
LA
Boston
Chicago
Detroit
Miami
Portland
Orlando
SAS?
I know my top 3 seeds are money Im not so sure about having Boston ahead of Chicago though. Look I know that Boston has had greater success than Chicago, but they have more titles than LA tooand if where strictly talking about an all time squad of 5 players I venture to put Chicago ahead of Boston this will be important later though. Im gone put Chicago as the 3 .I put Detroit ahead of Miami as the 4 though Miami has more physical talent.
Portland and Orlando are the teams im having issue with, cause I know talent wise SA is last
There is no arguement against the fact that Clyde is better overall than all of the 1-3 Orlando is putting out, but the argument can be made that all those guys sans Penny had a better prime period than Clyde.

Boston whom would have fits with D12 and Shaq, and also if healthy Penny Tmac, and Hill but I will give it to them
and I might take Miami against Detroit all time, just cause Both teams will be taking all jumpers and Miami would be better in that situation

and LA VS Chicago
Miami over Boston cause I like Tim as a 40% shooter more than I like Rondo shooting the ball period, and even if you were to put Johnson on the squad instead of Rondo its not like he would abuse Hardaway.
Wade> Pierce
Bron < Bird, but not by a great margin even now its the best SF, vs the 3rd best SF
Russell > Mourning, but in this era he isnt bothering Mourning as much as he did a Wilt, and realisticly he is stuck on the weak side waiting for Shaq to stop abusing KG
Unless you put a Center instead of a PF on the Lakers, Chicago is winning 1-4 because of their prowess on the defensive end, compared to the liability of a Magic defending a Rose, Jordan or Pippen.
Say you put Magic on Rodman, then your stuck facing Rose Pippen Jordan with Pau, or Kareem, Worthy, and Bryant or West. Maybe you give Kobe shuting down Pippen, you still got Rose and Jordan going off and that negates any advantage Shaq brings.
With Chicago you know they are going to take their chances with Magic shooting, the only Magic as a jump shooter than can beat you is 30years old and any shot he may have had of defending Rose or Jordan or Pippen, or heck even boxing out Dennis Rodman is gone. You take the younger Magic, then the Bulls deny Kobe with Pippen, defend Worthy with Jordan and let him come swipe down or Shaq or Kareem in in your worst case Pau, maybe you take Wilt as a Laker for the passing out of the double It in all honesty starts to get ugly cause your not getting the best Kareem, or really the best Shaq despite what the ages might say. Shaq was a better overall player in 1995, and in a game of one on one 1995 Shaq vs 2nd year 3peat Shaq im taking 1995 Shaq cause he is going to out run, out jump, and realisticly wont get punished as much down low as you might think. he would be a better hedger on screens, better defending the paint, and in a game where he wont get 25 shots either way 2001 Shaq is a liability against any team with decent wing men, and your talking about the best 2 and 3 combo ever.
Pippen could not even guard rookie 7 ppg game/17 year old kobe much less prime kobe. Pippen was still 31 around that time.

Why does magic jumper come into play at all? Dude scored 40 in the finals as a rookie and you think he would not be able to score on the bulls?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by salbah3

PG - The Glove
SG - Jesus Shuttleworth
SF - Durantula
PF - Tom Chambers
C - Shawn Kemp

Not bad...Not bad at all. 
pimp.gif

PG - The Glove
SG - Jesus Shuttleworth
SF - Durantula
PF - Tom Chambers
C - Shawn Kemp

Not bad...Not bad at all. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

LA
Boston
Chicago
Detroit
Miami
Portland
Orlando
SAS?

and LA VS Chicago
Wade> Pierce

roll.gif
In his rookie year, kobe had a combined 10 points in 2 games against CHI.
If you're talking about that 33 point game he had against CHI in the year after that, pippen didn't play in that one.

Originally Posted by knightngale

LA
Boston
Chicago
Detroit
Miami
Portland
Orlando
SAS?

and LA VS Chicago
Wade> Pierce

roll.gif
In his rookie year, kobe had a combined 10 points in 2 games against CHI.
If you're talking about that 33 point game he had against CHI in the year after that, pippen didn't play in that one.

Gonna do it for the hometown team. 

Wall/Bogues 

Arenas/Jordan

Hamilton/Stackhouse

Webber/Howard

Wallace/McGee

We pretty solid in DC 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Not the G.O.A.T squad, but I like the way it looks on paper 
laugh.gif

Gonna do it for the hometown team. 

Wall/Bogues 

Arenas/Jordan

Hamilton/Stackhouse

Webber/Howard

Wallace/McGee

We pretty solid in DC 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Not the G.O.A.T squad, but I like the way it looks on paper 
laugh.gif

Top 5 Teams gotta be Lakers (clear cut winners, come on people), Bulls, Celtics, Rockets, and Pistons.

Top 5 Teams gotta be Lakers (clear cut winners, come on people), Bulls, Celtics, Rockets, and Pistons.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Not my team but......

PG-Chris Paul
SG-Glenn Rice
SF-Jamal Mashburn
PF-Larry Johnson
C-Alonzo Mourning

goes pretty hard
Wow.
roll.gif
roll.gif
C'mon man they would have Baron Davis coming off the bench, maybe Eddie Jones.  Glenn Robinson and Mugsy Bogues.  Underdog All-Time squad right there

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Not my team but......

PG-Chris Paul
SG-Glenn Rice
SF-Jamal Mashburn
PF-Larry Johnson
C-Alonzo Mourning

goes pretty hard
Wow.
roll.gif
roll.gif
C'mon man they would have Baron Davis coming off the bench, maybe Eddie Jones.  Glenn Robinson and Mugsy Bogues.  Underdog All-Time squad right there

PG - The Glove
SG - Jesus Shuttleworth
SF - Durantula
PF - Tom Chambers
C - Shawn Kemp
I see where you're going, but if we're going to include Durant, I'd still stick with Sikma at center (Kemp always shunned that center spot). That would be a sneaky underrated starting five. GP would shut down anyone else's best guard (and tosses lobs all day, or kicks to Ray). Ray the most prolific 3-pt shooter of all time and one of the most consistent scorers ever. Durant is on track to be one of the greatest scorers ever. Kemp patrols the lane offensively and defensively, never has to take a shot outside the key (and remember, he could take the ball the length of the floor too). And Sikma, a true center, just cleans up around the rim.

PG - The Glove
SG - Jesus Shuttleworth
SF - Durantula
PF - Tom Chambers
C - Shawn Kemp
I see where you're going, but if we're going to include Durant, I'd still stick with Sikma at center (Kemp always shunned that center spot). That would be a sneaky underrated starting five. GP would shut down anyone else's best guard (and tosses lobs all day, or kicks to Ray). Ray the most prolific 3-pt shooter of all time and one of the most consistent scorers ever. Durant is on track to be one of the greatest scorers ever. Kemp patrols the lane offensively and defensively, never has to take a shot outside the key (and remember, he could take the ball the length of the floor too). And Sikma, a true center, just cleans up around the rim.

Back
Top Bottom