Your Thoughts On Child Immunization/With It or Against It?

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

interesting topic. i am a pediatrician (board certified MD) and yes nowadays kids do get a ton of vaccines that many of us didn't get when we were kids and interestingly most of us have survived our childhood.
The link between mercury and autism has been dubunked. even though there is no longer any of that in the vaccines, the autism rates are increasing. i've read an interesting article postulating that the aluminum content in vaccines which is used as a preservative may have something to do with autism. Anyways, at the 1 year visit, kids regularly get 5 shots , yes 5 separate needles containing a total of 7 vaccines.(pentacel= dtap, ipv, hib: pcv13, mmr, varivax, hep A) i always offer parents the choice to do as many or as few vaccines as they would like. Would i give my own kids 5 shots (7 vaccines) together on the same day? Nope. Prefer to spread them out.
Seeing as you are an MD, what's your reasoning behind doing so?

Charlotte Cleverley-Bisman is the face of the campaign for the vaccination against meningococcal disease here in New Zealand. She's believed to be the smallest child in the world to have survived the disease and went through countless life-threatening surgeries. If she'd had the vaccination she wouldn't have had to go through what she already has in such a short time.

Meningococcal-disease-image.jpg

So I ask you this, why would you risk the chance of your child contracting something that can either kill them or leave them devastatingly disabled as a result?

I simply won't. I'm not taking that risk under any circumstance.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by blacklion23

I spoke with a doctor not too long ago that's against immunization. She has two kids, one in college and the other on the way, both have never been vaccinated. She stated her reasoning was based off her religious beliefs and her studies. She believes vaccinations lead to health problems that become evident later in life when your immune system has grown weaker.
LOL your doctor uses her religious beliefs as a deciding factor when it comes to something this serious? You need to find a new one, like now.
agreed 100x... What's the point of going to a doctor who uses religion in place of the science that her profession is based upon? Might as well use a witch doctor.... + saying she uses religion plus her studies is totally contradictory... what modern day medical lessons does "the good book" have to offer...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by do work son

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

What are you basing this on?
Clearly not science.

Just the idea of injecting a germ into your system doesnt make sense to me. My daughter received her first set of vaccination shots. One of the doses is for chicken pox. A couple months afterwards she caught the chicken pox. One of the possible side effects of the vaccination is ringworm. My daughter had a ringworm on the side of her face for almost a year. I think these shots are dangerous.

isn't the point of getting the shot to introduce the germ to the body so your body can build a defense to it, and if you catch it your body can handle it? or am i just totally off base here
Sort of, most vaccines contain an inactive part of the thing they are trying to make you immune to - in the case of a virus it's often part of the capsid or shell. Your body recognises this and then makes antibodies so that in the case of you being exposed to it they can deal with it.

Ok

By taking a WATERED down version of a germ it allows your body to study ad build up a defense against it incase you get the REAL THING. It happens at a young age because children are still growing and adapting and putting it in their immune system now allows them to have a overall better immune system when they get older.

Of course Im for immunixation shots... its backed by science.

I practically grew up in East Africa, Id prob be dead several times over by now if it wasnt for those shots.

whatever the kid needs to stay/get in school is what theyre getting.

Back
Top Bottom