Your thoughts on pride? Do you think pride is sinful?

Pride is all over this forum.. especially with the 4 word responses like "Are you serious b???"
The devil's weapon of choice was Pride, Pride is what got to Eve and God punished man and woman because of her
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
chicks
laugh.gif

So yeah, umm you think pride is sinful in this modern age..... Pride run through bloods of Alums of harvard, yale, cornell. Your thoughts?
Yeah throw in some arguments from the bible, or madden... whatever is good.

P.S. Antoy valoyahjda that devil dude could put his thoughts in here too.
P.P.S. maybe nirvana can help me answer this question...

Yeah........

smh at people saying pride is not sinful when it's one of the 7 deadly sins. ignorance and hypocritical thinking ftl

pride is the deadliest of all sins. all sin originated from pride.

Pride, arrogance, vanity. I need to feel important, the feeling of your own worthiness is greater than others, the feeling that anyone better than you isunbearable and because of this feeling of pride, it leads us to do bad things.

Pride has got alot of people killed, saying that I have alot of pride, but not enough to do something crazy

How the hell is pride a sin? Pride doesn't harm anyone. if anything, in some cases it may adversely effect the person displaying overt pride.

Foolish pride is what held me together through the years......

its got me this far
grin.gif

Pride is the reason for a lot of discrimination and prejudice.

Pride can probably be found at the root of all the world's problems...

Pride is no bueno

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Pride is no bueno
OH yea? I think using the word "pride" here is subjective. You can replace the word pride with "love", "religion","beliefs", "passionate feelings" basically everything that makes us human.

1. Pride is not the reason for discrimination....you can be proud of your heritage and respect another mans.

2. Pride is not the reason for man's problems........humans are naturally violent and selfish, this is the reason for all our problems.

3. Pride is no bueno?...again this is subjective.

Come to think about it. Nationalism is the biggest pride of them all. Causes war, trading conflicts, niketalk's best ethic female threads...

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Pride is no bueno
OH yea? I think using the word "pride" here is subjective. You can replace the word pride with "love", "religion", "beliefs", "passionate feelings" basically everything that makes us human.

1. Pride is not the reason for discrimination....you can be proud of your heritage and respect another mans.

2. Pride is not the reason for man's problems........humans are naturally violent and selfish, this is the reason for all our problems.

3. Pride is no bueno?...again this is subjective.

keyword is root.

Pride is the absolutely the cause of discrimination. One feels better than the other and goes on to belittle the other and feel even better about themselves.Its ones refusal to accept other people's idea and their own idea of the norm are perfect and absolute. And how can one possibly be proud of their ownheritage? Its who YOU ARE. You are born under a certain culture and if that makes you happy, it makes you happy but what is there to be proud of? This is themain problem with religion today. Not that religion is bad but people feel so proud of their own religion that anyone else who believes otherwise is consideredignorant, dum and unworthy.

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

Come to think about it. Nationalism is the biggest pride of them all. Causes war, trading conflicts, niketalk's best ethic female threads...
You guys are not thinking profoundly about this......on earth resources are not unlimited. I feel as though racism and all the other isms thatdivide people and cause conflicts are simply conflicts over territory and resources. In the same way lions fight for and defend their "pride" andterritory, humans do the same. We are programmed AND taught to hate/discriminate others that aren't our "KIN". Kin can mean, country man, race,family, religious brethren, tribe...etc.

Back
Top Bottom