Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

randy moss
terrel owens
chad johnson
steve smith
marvin harrison
my favorite is santana moss. im surprised noone pu him on their list

roll.gif
He's a slightly above average WR at best. He's had two goodseasons in his career.

I REALLY wish Steve Smith had a quarterback...
and i've never been a fan of Big Game Holt or Harrison...

in no order

Moss
Owens
Wayne
Ocho
Stevie

1) Original 81
2) New 81
3) Big game Holt
4) Harrison
5) Ocho Cinco

I think receiver is the hardest position to pick the 5 best players from. SO much talent at that spot it is so hard to choose.

WOW dudes is getting crazy in here Im going to put my top 5 then name the defincies in each WR's game.

Randy Moss

Terrell Owens

Steve Smith
Marvin Harrison

Plex

Lets start with Moss, this year is clearly the best in his career and even if the numbers didnt reflect it Moss made subtile improvements in Oakland. Lets beclear Randy has lost some explosion but this year isnt about that its about his improved Route Running,Body Control and attitude. Randy knew Minnesota wouldnever win a superbowl ,team wasnt built right he grew despondent and when his injuries began to come the new owner looked at that contract and said NOPE nothappening. He finally knows how to use his size to the best of his abilities, even lacking explosion.

On to the loudest depressed person in all of America Terrell Owens. TO has made great strides interms of technique. He is the strongest WR and its clear everytime a DB goes to tackle him. He has never had the best hands yet now that he had them fixed he isnt droping 4 TD's. If TO had been happy at say 29 wewould be looking at a run at 2000 yards. on Every Down TO is prob the better Reciever. He is more likely to catch a ball over the middle, and he is better thanMoss in every physical ability but Speed. If Moss has lost explosion then TO has lost a step and a quarter.In his prime he was prob the most physically giftedWR in league history Now its safe to say he isnt top 5 and that is due to diminished skills. Still the WR I want 3rd and 10 at the opp 20 cause he is going tomake a catch and run someone over.

Steve Smith is the most gifted WR in the NFL today at 5 ft 8 he isnt a prototypical WR but rather a Scatt back with Amazing ball skills This guy would be thebest WR if he were 5 11 much less 6'4. His over the middle, jumpball abilitys are hampered and number of downfield attempts are minimal because you probhave to get a Safety to react late where as with TO or Moss they can go over the safety. Harrison without the wimp.

Marvin Harrison is 35 years old 6'0 185 lbs yet is a top 5 WR in the NFL.

In the Age of 22 year old 6'5 240lbs WR's who run forties in 4.35 seconds Marvin is the exception to any rule about playing football.
Best route Runner, Best hands, Best Mind amoung the top 5. Whats to Hate?
First off Every Player in the NFL but Marvin Harrison plays Tackle football. I think Marvin has taken one clean hit his entire career. Not physical, can bebumped off the route. To me because of his lack of physicality you cant go to him in the clutch unless your Manning because Marvin wont attack the football. Isee Manning to to Wayne a lot more often. At times its almost like Marvin is an afterthought. Marvin Harrison has never comanded a Double and wouldnt evenwithout Wayne. IF DALLAS CLARK DIDNT EXIST THEN YOU COULD PLAY COVER 2 IN THE SECONDARY AND WIN THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME.

eVERY BODY KNOWS WHAT PLEX CANT DO

no order.

randy moss
terrell owens
marvin harrison
torry holt
tj houshmanzadeh/chad johnson.

Originally Posted by roback1991

R. Moss
A. Boldin
B. Edwards
H. Ward
M. Harrison

no order

SMH.

T.O. should be on everyones list. I'm sorry, but T.O., Holt and Marvin have been the only consistent WR's in the past five years.

Moss, T.O., Holt, Marvin, Chad

Do y'all see the routes that Chad runs??? That ALONE makes him >>> TJ......(Route running, T-Holt, Marvin,Chad >*)

Also good to see big game on a few more top 5's
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

In his prime he was prob the most physically gifted WR in league history Now its safe to say he isnt top 5 and that is due to diminished skills
Moss??

Moss
TO
Chad
Holt
Dre Johnson

laugh.gif
I been stayin outta this thread because we just had one, but woooooooow at some of the lists in here...

1a) Moss
1b) Owens
3) Chad
4) Big Game
5) Marvin or Dre Johnson
i truthfully think plax is the only other wr that comes close to approaching moss abilities. i had him #2 before the season started, and i'm not going to change that because of a few bad weeks due to a nagging injury.
laugh.gif
You honestly believe that?

Originally Posted by the hater boxden

1. T.O. = Moss
if both switched places they would be doin the same

No they wouldn't.
laugh.gif

Moss is a better receiver than Owens without a doubt, I don't see Romo just throwing up high!@%@ lobs for Owens to come down with. Owens is a muchbetter blocker however...

Back
Top Bottom