Zadehkicks pre orders

So I guess Zadeh is hanging around and cooperating? When this thing broke I was curious if he was pocketing/hiding 50M and “disappearing” on some breaking bad sht but instead of hidden in Alaska or Nebraska, re-emerging in some South American or European country living under the radar but like a king lol

So I guess Zadeh is hanging around and cooperating? When this thing broke I was curious if he was pocketing/hiding 50M and “disappearing” on some breaking bad sht but instead of hidden in Alaska or Nebraska, re-emerging in some South American or European country living under the radar but like a king lol
I opened cases with PayPal where I could… if he chooses to cooperate, and send me my shoes, or refund (I’d actually prefer the shoes in most cases) I’d be completely fine with that. I basically started claims to cover my behind, and potentially recoup as much as I can.

I opened cases with PayPal where I could… if he chooses to cooperate, and send me my shoes, or refund (I’d actually prefer the shoes in most cases) I’d be completely fine with that. I basically started claims to cover my behind, and potentially recoup as much as I can.

I don't think he'll be shipping. A few friend's of mine got a shipping confirmation a few days before he folded and package had no movement and he just checked a few days ago and label was cancelled.

Imo he worded and made all his policies to **** us and benefit him. This being one of them
The point is that he's not going to deliver (my assumption) on any preorders moving forward. If you don't get your goods, PayPal SHOULD cover you. That's their policy.

I don't think he'll be shipping. A few friend's of mine got a shipping confirmation a few days before he folded and package had no movement and he just checked a few days ago and label was cancelled.
Definitely don’t have my hopes up…

Imo he worded and made all his policies to **** us and benefit him. This being one of them
He also promised to deliver a product, in which this case, he won’t deliver. Basically PayPal will attempt to contact him, to tell his side of the story, and/or deliver goods. During this time, PayPal freezes his ability to withdraw funds, and if he can’t deliver, or provide YOU with a satisfactory explanation/promise, PayPal will refund you… scammers love to sweet talk buyer, and promise what they’re owed so buyer will close the case, and in this situation, you’re screwed… so like I said, until you’re satisfied, whether it be from him refunding your personally, or him shipping said product (AND YOU HAVE IN HAND), I’d highly suggest not closing the case yourself. PayPal will close the case themselves if they refund you.

Yea, this proves that he was not planning his exit strategy at this time. The one thing I couldn't understand is why did he upgrade his website if he was leaving. Unnecessary cost to him. Basically, people showed up to his warehouse and he decided "F this, I'm out".

Not necessarily....he filed for dissolution and the receivership on 5/20 and the police log calls are 5/24, so that was after news broke. Coulda still been planning it. You see his cars being sold, or the loans paid off, well before that

It definitely wouldn't be shocking if this guy had fakes in the mix because he had a desperation to fulfill as many orders as he could. What better way to fulfill orders for goods that he didn't actually have than acquiring fakes at low cost that look identical to the real thing and distributing them to buyers with the hope of nobody noticing they received fakes?

This guy's business just reeked of detrimental business conduct all over.

It's actually surprising to read on here that some peeps were fortunate enough to receive their orders from him and were satisfied. I'm glad that some were lucky enough to receive their merchandise without any problems. But it seems more bad outweighed good with this guy from a broad perception.

It definitely wouldn't be shocking if this guy had fakes in the mix because he had a desperation to fulfill as many orders as he could. What better way to fulfill orders for goods that he didn't actually have than acquiring fakes at low cost that look identical to the real thing and distributing them to buyers with the hope of nobody noticing they received fakes?

This guy's business just reeked of detrimental business conduct all over.

It's actually surprising to read on here that some peeps were fortunate enough to receive their orders from him and were satisfied. I'm glad that some were lucky enough to receive their merchandise without any problems. But it seems more bad outweighed good with this guy from a broad perception.
U the homie and I know you don't be around this thread often so trust me when I say this.

More often than not personal pair buyers recieved their goods. Even bulk buyers prepandemic appeared to have received their goods as expected.

Zadehs biggest critics are from mismanaged delivery of hyped kicks (mostly Travis Scott's).

When you say some peeps it makes it sound like 60% of people that dealt with ppl were unsatisfied. I would argue that isn't the case for non bulk buyers.

They say the receiver is dumping pairs…. so if you see a shoe tanking :nerd:
Probably those charred Roshe runs that no one wants lol.

Thought that was weird. Maybe a coincidence but university blue 1’s in my size were a steady $400+/-10 over past few months on goat and stockx.

For whatever reason, the asks have dropped down to as low as $340’s now. Not really typical for 1’s (of a nice color-blocking nonetheless) to go down like that?

“Zadeh Kicks’ founder Michael Malekzadeh called the Eugene Police Department asking for police protection. Malekzadeh was apparently afraid for the safety of his family after a number of furious customers showed up at the Zadeh Kicks warehouse in an industrial section of West Eugene demanding their money back.”

“The Eugene Police Department police log indicates that Malekzadeh called for help four different times. On one of the calls, an officer asked for backup after reports of a shot fired”

They say the receiver is dumping pairs…. so if you see a shoe tanking :nerd:
That is exactly what is happening to the Hyper Royals. An individual has been selling dozen pairs of sizes between 8-12. My size 9.5 was $400 less than a month ago but now at $310. I wonder if anyone can get that seller's information

That is exactly what is happening to the Hyper Royals. An individual has been selling dozen pairs of sizes between 8-12. My size 9.5 was $400 less than a month ago but now at $310. I wonder if anyone can get that seller's information
If it’s Zadeh or another seller(s) need them to tank

GS mochas and those Taupe Haze 4’s :lol: :nerd:

Let me paraphrase your point: Your point is that Zadeh wouldn't underestimate preorder prices for drops like that because has has 10 years of experience and connections. I didn't misconstrue your thoughts right?

I then responded to your orange text with screen grabs of preorders, and stockx data to show you that Anyone with that type of experience and connections is not going to CAN ERRONEOUSLY underestimate a pair like that and to that extent. Zadeh did exactly that; erroneously set preorder of OG TS1 @ $400/$800. He couldn't fulfill orders because these only dipped back down to $921 in my size before going all the way up to $2K.

You misconstrued what I said. This is what you originally said:

Sometime 6 months later, Zadeh hopes that the TS1 low drops below $500 but he's SOL cos the fiends gobble up the TS1 lows from resell markets and even his plugs don't have any spare pairs. He waits and waits but they settle on $2K on resell. What are his options then?

I then responded with:

This is a very unrealistic scenario, given Zadeh has been in the game for 10 years or so, and if you believe what others say on here, he had plugs that could source him these authentic pairs for under what he was selling to people. Anyone with that type of experience and connections is not going to underestimate a pair like that and to that extent. In fact, most people in the sneaker game buy assuming the prices go up over time, not down.

So you paraphrased me wrong. What I was saying is that Zadeh wouldn't underestimate FUTURE prices, not PRE-ORDER prices. In fact, the whole appeal of his business is that he sells shoes for others to profit off from future prices because his pre-order prices are relatively low. So your theory that he is betting on a short is just not correct, that was not his business model at all. And if it was he certainly wouldn't have lasted 10 years.

As far as the ts fragment high prices… several credible sneakers news sites were claiming 100k+ pairs were going to be released and the numbers weren’t close to that so I can see how he dropped the ball. Aside from that the Travis khaki 6s that were released b4 those were a huge money maker for him because they were going for well below his preorder price.

With the current lineup of cg11 and all the new jordan 4s coming out **** was going to hit the fan this summer regardless.

You misconstrued what I said. This is what you originally said:

I then responded with:

So you paraphrased me wrong. What I was saying is that Zadeh wouldn't underestimate FUTURE prices, not PRE-ORDER prices. In fact, the whole appeal of his business is that he sells shoes for others to profit off from future prices because his pre-order prices are relatively low. So your theory that he is betting on a short is just not correct, that was not his business model at all. And if it was he certainly wouldn't have lasted 10 years.
*Edit: Whether or not he intentionally took on a short position, the end result is that the TS releases worked themselves out so that he effectively put himself into a crippling short position. He simply because he couldn't afford to buy any TS releases since resell had gone too far up to cover any orders in any capacity. Obviously his business model is not to be short on anything, because being short would open the business to be killed by any of general release during these 10 years. Someone else speculated the TS Frags being the straw that broke the camels back; this is how that might have happened.

See break down below.

My hypothesis
Let's say Joe preordered 10 pairs of TS1 lows for $500 ea. On that purchase Zadeh now has $5000 cash. We're going with this shoe as an example because that's what your question is seeking.

Reality
Zadeh let Joe preorder those 10 pairs as early as Jan 2019 for $400/pair. Then $800/pair. If Joe were a real person, he bought 10 pairs for a total of $4000. Zadeh now has a liability of $4000 on the books, or $4000 on hand to buy product on StockX.
1653831135110.png
1653831149669.png

My hypothesis cont.
Sometime 6 months later, Zadeh hopes that the TS1 low drops below $500 but he's SOL cos the fiends gobble up the TS1 lows from resell markets and even his plugs don't have any spare pairs. He waits and waits but they settle on $2K on resell. What are his options then?

Reality:
Typically after official release, shoe resell prices drop from initial sales on recorded StockX data. I hypothesized 6 months later (arbitrarily said 6 months btw), the resell price of a shoe may provided a window to purchase shoe at a price near his estimated preorder price, eg ~$500 in the example.

Using real StockX data, if you add 6 months to the preorder date of Jan 2019, that puts you to June 2019, one month after official retail release. The price in that time went from the bottoms of $921 to ~$1500 (June 2019 stockx price in my size).

1653831383006.png

So if he let Joe preorder those 10 pairs @ $400/ea on Jan 2019, then Zadeh has $4000 cash to buy - not enough to even profit, that's under breakeven after fees shipping etc.

If he bought any time within the timeframe of 6 months after official release:
Math in steps:
  • $4000 cash in hand from Joe's 10 pair preorder
  • Because Zadeh never had any on hand, he has to market buy these on StockX. Lowest market price around May 30, 2019 in my size is ~$974.
  • If Zadeh buys those 10 pairs of Joe at $974, Zadeh now has a loss of:
    • $4000 - ($9740) = - $5740
    • if Joe had preordered at $800, Zadeh still down $1740
If he bought at the lowest price anytime 6 months prior to official release of May 11, 2019:
  • $4000 cash in hand from Joe's 10 pair preorder
  • Lowest price prior to official retail release was $921 in my size, on May 6, 2019
  • If Zadeh buys those 10 pairs at $921, Zadeh now has a loss of:
    • $4000 - ($9210) = -$5210
    • if Joe had preordered at $800 instead, Zadeh still down $1210
No matter how you slice it, his short position blew up because the shoe didn't go down on resell. He under priced (UNDERESTIMATED FUTURE RESELL PRICES), AND oversold (UNDERESTIMATED FUTURE DEMAND) all TS releases. Take this one single buyer, now multiply that by number of buyers, multiply that by number of shoes per order, and then multiple by the number of TS Jordan releases (4: OG TS1, OG TS1 Low, TS Frag High, TS Frag Low).

That's easily how he is under millions in liability, he let the kids have at it at the froyo machine by ordering too much. When it came time to fulfill, ain't no way he going to market buy to fulfill ALL TS orders.

Let me know if you need me to clarify anything.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom