zoom flight 95 vs zoom flight 96 vs zoom flight five??

hello! i was wondering which shoes is the best out of these 3 retros as far as fit, cushion, and comfort? thank u ver y much
smile.gif

I'll asume you're referring to the Retro in each case.

There's no clear winner in the three categories you mentioned, they're different approaches.

The ZF96 has rather thick, very 'springy' Zoom.
More so than the OGs. Overall support is good, but focuses mainly around the ankle/heel.

The ZF95 feels lower to the ground. Much thiner, Less springy cushioning.
Not so much ankle support, more around the midfoot. Feel stable.. but a little bit clunky.

Zoom Flight five.. feels like the lowest of the three. Cushioning is fairly minimalist.
Quite little ankle support, mostly around the midfoot, but doesn't seem to be an issue since they're so low to the ground.

If you want the most comfortable of the three, get the ZF96.
If you a low profile 'quick' shoe for hooping, get the ZF5.
The 95s then would be somewhere in the middle.

i dont have the zoom flight fives, nor have i played ball in my ZF 95 or 96s but as far as casual walking goes, the zoom flight 96s >>>>> 95s.the 95s are hella stiff at first and not super comfy.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

all 3 have full length zoom air correct?

I'm pretty sure the 96 does.

Not sure about the 95s...
IIRC Zoom didn't appear in any shoe 'til 1995, and Full Length Zoom may simply have not existed at the time(?)

The (OG) ZF5 has very little, if any, cushioning in the actual shoe itself.

All, or near all, the cushioning seems to come from the sockliner... it feels like it could be a very thin full length zoom bag,
ala the insole in the Flightposite 1, but it is VERY thin, compared even to the FP1. So, i can't be 100% sure...
Definitely wouldn't recommend playing outdoors in the ZF5.

If you want a large volume full length Zoom insole, last a i looked the Talache was dirt cheap.

I'd say 96's are the most comfortable of all three.

I rolled my ankle multiple times playing in the 95's, and ankle support is pretty bad. The shoe is very rough and even wearing thick socks the shoe rubs against you very roughly.

There's a little curve on the inner part of the shoe, bottom sole that would always smash against the bottom of my foot and leave me a very uncomfortable bruise, so much to the point I had to stop using them.

The quality on the 95's are very good, they're just good to wear casually rather than to ball in.

Not sure if that helps at all, but i've been meaning to pick up a pair of the 96's for cheap at outlets to ball in.

Already own two pairs, but haven't balled in the ones I own.

I really love the zf96. They have forefoot and heel zoom. The only issue is the traction isn't the best. Some of the best quality retros to come out in recent memory. Man the first time I dunked I wore those...

Originally Posted by chandsam

Some of the best quality retros to come out in recent memory.

Good quality.... but lots of differences from the OGs at the same time.

i have a pair of each and i would rank them in this order:

1. 96 - very good cushioning. plays specially well on outdoor courts. my knees are well protected on the hard impact.
2. flight 5B - a little stiff on the toes and quite heavy. has good ankle support
3. 95 - feels like there is no cushioning at all. very stiff.

hope to help.

I own all 3 of these retros and can't answer the question! All 3 are great, with the following shortfalls:
96- tongue is to thick, rubs ankle
95- lack of ankle support
5- big letdown from OG's (best shoe ever IMO)
If I could only buy one it would be the 95, solid function, great visually.

Back
Top Bottom