ZOOM KOBE IV DRAFT DAY'S WRONG DATE ON THE HEEL!!

Originally Posted by frgtn340

Originally Posted by Sole Investigator

I wouldn't necessarily always rely on wikipedia for the truth...
TRUE THAT! No but freals...its the wrong date

I'm with you that it is the wrong date. But in general, it's not best to base your answer on just the fact that wikipedia says so.

I wouldn't necessarily always rely on wikipedia for the truth...
TRUE THAT! No but freals...its the wrong date

I'm with you that it is the wrong date. But in general, it's not best to base your answer on just the fact that wikipedia says so.
I actually found out because we got the shoe in with the right date on it!
tongue.gif

Actually...No, Nike didnt mess up on anything. The 6-11-96 stands for the date Kobe announced he was going to the NBA. Then 2 weeks later(6-26-96) he gotdrafted. The only shoes that have the "correct date" are the sz 13s. Why u ask? yep, u got it... because he was the 13th overall pick. Dont believeme? Go check any sz 13...
wink.gif

Originally Posted by kawaiilesly

Actually...No, Nike didnt mess up on anything. The 6-11-96 stands for the date Kobe announced he was going to the NBA. Then 2 weeks later(6-26-96) he got drafted. The only shoes that have the "correct date" are the sz 13s. Why u ask? yep, u got it... because he was the 13th overall pick. Dont believe me? Go check any sz 13...
wink.gif

I just checked the draft day kobe size 13 on ebay......
laugh.gif

good try tho
roll.gif

http://www.kixandthecity.com/2009/06/21/nike-zoom-kobe-iv-draft-day-date-corrected/

NIKE just plain flat out screwed up...read article above....correct date will be released as a second wave....nike is laughing to the bank on this onenow...what jerks haha

From kixandthecity

Nike Zoom Kobe IV Draft Day | Date Corrected

Jun 21, 2009 | Comments 2

Nike Zoom Kobe IV Draft Day

The [Draft Day Nike Zoom Kobe IV] hit retail this weekend with one "little" snag, the draft day on the heel tab is wrong. All of the Draft Day NikeZoom Kobe IVs that are currently at retail feature the date 6.11.96 on the heel tab. Unfortunately, the draft actually took place on June 26th of 1996. Nike isreportedly going to release a second wave of "Draft Day" Nike Zoom Kobe IVs that will feature the correct date as seen on the sneaker above.

Undeafeated got that "second wave"
was in there yesterday, the shoes they had shoed 6-26-96

*as the picture someone posted shows

so if I order from Eastbay today, will I get 6-11-96 or 6-26-96?
I know someone posted they got 6-11-96 from EB,wonder if they got the "2nd wave" yet and sending out whichever one.

Maybe the 6/11/96 is his High School graduation date...It was done on purpose drive sales just like the whole number change thing..

Originally Posted by kawaiilesly

Actually...No, Nike didnt mess up on anything. The 6-11-96 stands for the date Kobe announced he was going to the NBA. Then 2 weeks later(6-26-96) he got drafted. The only shoes that have the "correct date" are the sz 13s. Why u ask? yep, u got it... because he was the 13th overall pick. Dont believe me? Go check any sz 13...
wink.gif
huh.jpeg

Originally Posted by kobehead

Sorry, thought that this deserves it's own thread. I would pick up these "mistakes" soon because according to my sources Nike's gonna let these sell and then release new ones.
Why would you want a pair with the wrong date?
indifferent.gif

cuz it might be your bday.. or maybe the same reason why the most valuable comics/baseball cards/ or collectibles are the ones with the defect or strangeoddity.. dont ask me, it is what it is...

Drew,
Naw bro i didn't get them, wasn't dropping retail on them lol.

I'll wait, if I miss out, I'm ok.

probably he announced that he's going to the NBA or the lottery picks that was probably
held on the 6-11-96 during the playoffs like this year how they announced the lottery picks
& players...

Nah man...Nike just fd up or else why would they decide to change the date for the 2nd production run.

I'd just keep the wrong date DDs...I think they're gonna be sought after in the future...The wrong date makes them more special...jmo

Back
Top Bottom