Zoom Kobe Venomenon 4 - 12/13 US Release

I have a feeling venomenons going to be discounted big time down the line. I was on board when they first announced them but just not feeling them like before. They still look good but just saving for 8s or 9s.

I have a feeling venomenons going to be discounted big time down the line. I was on board when they first announced them but just not feeling them like before. They still look good but just saving for 8s or 9s.
Yeah I can see it too.

I was excited initially for this shoe as well  --- mainly to have an XDR kobe and a model that we hadn't been getting here in the states.  Then I realized I have enough retired indoor pairs that are plenty good for outdoor ball.  Don't get me wrong, this is a nice shoe and the comfort is there, but for what I was planning to use them for, I didn't need.

Feb 22nd pair will be this one.  Pics via id4shoes on eBay and yes they are available now for a little over retail shipped

nike-zoom-kobe-venomenon-4-green-abyss-sea-spray-02-570x570.jpg

nike-zoom-kobe-venomenon-4-green-abyss-sea-spray-03-570x570.jpg

nike-zoom-kobe-venomenon-4-green-abyss-sea-spray-04-570x570.jpg
You may be right but I don't see the green abyss on it. I have seen a few of the other pairs on ebay with the xdr. Im really hoping its the middle one. Its tough to play the game of waiting on a shoe you want. I bet these are gonna be seen at the outlets for an additional 30 percent off lol.

You may be right but I don't see the green abyss on it. I have seen a few of the other pairs on ebay with the xdr. Im really hoping its the middle one. Its tough to play the game of waiting on a shoe you want. I bet these are gonna be seen at the outlets for an additional 30 percent off lol.
I agree that it would make more sense for it to be that middle one.  But look on the box in pics for eBay seller: ny_5thavenue  -- it is that exact color descrip

Pics look good, will have to add this to the wishlist with YOTH. Like iks mod said was originally interested in this shoe because of the XDR but eventually went with a pair of KD6's and so far they are holding up quite well outdoors and slowly breaking in. 

I agree that it would make more sense for it to be that middle one.  But look on the box in pics for eBay seller: ny_5thavenue  -- it is that exact color descrip
I see what your saying. Man that sux! I was hoping for the middle!

Loved the fit on these when I tried them on. Trashing them after balling in them for a couple of weeks. I just can't play comfortably feeling unstable. The outrigger on these are terrible. Always felt like my ankle would just roll over.

Really wish they would bring the Lebron Ambassadors over. I ordered one on ebay (swallowed the shipping cost) and they are extremely comfortable. The fit is amazing and it feels really secure. Nike needs to give outdoor ballers more quality options.

never owned XDR sole nikes before.

opinion on YOTH (non XDR) from NDC vs. YOTH (XDR) from overseas $130 shipped ?

I sent nike an email asking if one on their web has XDR sole but didn't get a reply yet.
However, the NDC pair and oversea pair have two different style codes (and oversea box has "XDR" printed on the box) which leads me to believe they are different

I mainly plan on playing outdoor and would like to know if XDR soles are worth extra money.
Kobe 8's are my go to indoor pairs and doubt the sole will last playing outdoor.

I sent nike an email asking if one on their web has XDR sole but didn't get a reply yet.
However, the NDC pair and oversea pair have two different style codes (and oversea box has "XDR" printed on the box) which leads me to believe they are different

I mainly plan on playing outdoor and would like to know if XDR soles are worth extra money.
Kobe 8's are my go to indoor pairs and doubt the sole will last playing outdoor.
From what I hear is that the XDR is made for outdoor ballin. It is a little bit thicker so it wont wear down as fast either. I wish I had bought a few of the 8's with XDR.

depends where you are playing, non XDR will have better traction on hardwood but it wears out when used outdoors

i got non XDR 6s and wore them out in about 5-6 weeks while my XDR 5s lasted half a year

^
thanks for the input
but I'm already aware XDR is made for outdoor and it will last longer than non-XDR.

I was asking if XDR and non-XDR have significant difference in wear and tear for playing outdoors.
traction plays a big role on the style I play. Reason my past non-XDR soles become slick as an ice after 5-7 weeks of playing while upper remains somewhat DS.

From reading this thread, there seems to be a debate if past US released versions are XDR or not. I have yet to see anyone confirm.
The Youtube review (nightwing?) mentions how the soles are XDR, but I believe it would say so on the box along with the tag on the shoe itself, which seems to be Asia release only.

If those who have played outdoors with US release (non-XDR) AND any other XDR soled pairs can shine the light, it'll be greatly appreciated.

^
thanks for the input
but I'm already aware XDR is made for outdoor and it will last longer than non-XDR.

I was asking if XDR and non-XDR have significant difference in wear and tear for playing outdoors.
traction plays a big role on the style I play. Reason my past non-XDR soles become slick as an ice after 5-7 weeks of playing while upper remains somewhat DS.

From reading this thread, there seems to be a debate if past US released versions are XDR or not. I have yet to see anyone confirm.
The Youtube review (nightwing?) mentions how the soles are XDR, but I believe it would say so on the box along with the tag on the shoe itself, which seems to be Asia release only.

If those who have played outdoors with US release (non-XDR) AND any other XDR soled pairs can shine the light, it'll be greatly appreciated.

Purple and volt is definitely XDR. Wont say on the box. All venomenons are XDR as far as i know.

Purple and volt is definitely XDR. Wont say on the box. All venomenons are XDR as far as i know.

That's what I thought until I saw pictures of pairs with "XDR" hang tag and boxes with "XDR" printed on them which had different style code compare to same color way for US release

NDC YOTH style # : 635578-600
XDR pair (Asia release only?)
View media item 791803

Last edited:
Anyhow...I'm not a very patient person when it comes to purchasing shoes. I ended up buying a oversea XDR pair. Since the price difference compare to NDC was less than $5 including shipping & tax, I figured I'd just pull the trigger. Should arrive in a week or two.

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of its aesthetics, especially the toe area. But the YOTH edition seemed most subtle out of all the colorways out so far.
Looking forward to try another low top style nonetheless my first XDR sole.

reply from Nike:

Thank you for contacting Nike today and I would be happy to check on the Nike Zoom Kobe Venomenon 4 Men's Basketball Shoe for you.

I checked with my support team for you and I was able to confirm that all Nike Zoom Kobe Venomenon 4 shoes that are released will have the XDR sole on the shoe. The only instance that the XDR sole would not be on the shoe is if a Kobe Veomenon 4 colorway is released with a translucent see through sole.

If you have any other questions or issues feel free to contact me back and I will be happy to help you!

Best regards,

Brandon
Nike.com

----------
I also asked the difference between the two style codes for YOTH edition.
I'll update once I get a reply.
Hope this will clear things for those who were wondering.

The upcoming release color is very nice. I just saw the review on them and I am in awe.
Sorry for asking but do they feel like the Kobe 8s?

These are not as light as the KB 8 and cushioning is firmer (given that it's phylon with embeeded forefoot zoom).  Comfort-wise I think they are pretty nice, but lockdown doesn't seem to be the best -- I would recommend using the runner's loop with this shoe.  Haven't played in them so I can't speak to that.

Traction is much more durable that the 8s

These are not as light as the KB 8 and cushioning is firmer (given that it's phylon with embeeded forefoot zoom).  Comfort-wise I think they are pretty nice, but lockdown doesn't seem to be the best -- I would recommend using the runner's loop with this shoe.  Haven't played in them so I can't speak to that.

Traction is much more durable that the 8s
Cant really compare an outdoor shoe to and indoor shoe but which do you prefer for just casual wear?

Last edited:

Cant really compare an outdoor shoe to and indoor shoe but which do you prefer for just casual wear?
I agree, but you asked how these compare to the Kobe 8s, so that's how I answered.

From an overall comfort and fit standpoint, the 8s would still be my choice casually.  As far as looks go, that's up to you

Back
Top Bottom