Zoom Lebron 6 Low First Impressions

i got the shoes on friday and haven't had a chance to play in them yet, but i did do some running and cutting in them. it's not a full review, but iwill give a first impression based on the light work i did in them and from observations i noticed with them in my possession.

cushioning: the cushioning on these is comfortable right out of thebox. the midsole features heel and forefoot zoom air with a perforated layer of the material similar to the insole sewn on top. i put my own insoles in themthat dont have any cushion whatsoever and the shoes still felt really nice.

fit: for me these fit true to size length wise, but my feet are fairly narrow and i like my shoes a little tight so i probably could have even gone down a half size. the shoes have a lacing system similar to a running shoe with the extra eyelet that a little lower and closer to the ankle than the top eyelet. this could be used for those with narrow heels or ankles to help keep your heel from slipping out of the shoe if its a problem. that was definitely a smart thing to add because of the height of these. they seem much lower than shoes like the xx3 low and the kobe 4s.

ankle support: for a true low top, the lebron 6 lows have pretty good ankle support. the heel cup does an excellent job of keeping the heel in the shoe. and the lacing system does a good job of locking the foot in place. just make sure your foot is all the way back in the shoe when you're lacing up to get nice lock down fit. as i said before, the shoe does have an extra eyelet near the ankle collar for those shoe have narrow heels/ankles to stabilize the foot while still allowing flexibility of the ankle.

traction: these have the same outsole as the mids, so if someone who has the mids could chime in on traction it would be a big help. i did some changing of direction and quick stopping when i was testing these out, but it wasn't enough to get a true feel for how they will perform during a game. from what i could tell, the traction seems sufficient for me. i dont need squeaky traction, but when i want to stop or change direction i want to know that my feet are going to stay under me.

overall, i was very impressed with these during my quick trial. the lebron 6 lows have a very smooth transition. even after running sprints and stopping short, the shoes never felt like they flexed in the wrong place or like i was fighting them. after i took them off, i noticed that the shoes hadn't creased at all which also impressed me. i'm sure i'll crease them up in game situation but for now they still look new. the cushioning is very responsive and cushy right out of the box and the shoe has a roomy toe box and very good ankle support for a low. as of now, i'm very satisfied with my purchase. once i've played in them i will update.

these sound very promising. so it's not full-length zoom after all? you said you talked to a nike rep and they told you that they were going to changetech specs on NDC . . . but the site still says full-length.

oh well. i caved in last week and ordered a pair with my voucher from the bb 2 lows. they'll be in tomorrow and i should add to your review. if thesedon't seem up to snuff, i'll just return them use the same explanation as i did with the bb 2 lows--that there was a discrepancy between the websiteclaims and the actual product.

got any updates? pics? i think the black/whites look awesome, by the way.

i played in them a little tonight and the toe box is just too wide for me. i like my shoes to be fitted and i just didnt get that with these. i probably shouldhave gone a half size down to fix that. they are still in excellent condition and look brand new other than some minor creasing. i have a pair of soldier 3s inmy closet that ive only worn twice so i guess ill just start playing in those.

Originally Posted by freechef

these sound very promising. so it's not full-length zoom after all? you said you talked to a nike rep and they told you that they were going to change tech specs on NDC . . . but the site still says full-length.

oh well. i caved in last week and ordered a pair with my voucher from the bb 2 lows. they'll be in tomorrow and i should add to your review. if these don't seem up to snuff, i'll just return them use the same explanation as i did with the bb 2 lows--that there was a discrepancy between the website claims and the actual product.

got any updates? pics? i think the black/whites look awesome, by the way.
My sources said the cushioning is the same as mids (double stacked).

I have the white baltic blue lows. Exact same cushioning setup.

Traction to me on these is 2x as good as the mids - right out of the box. I wore a low on my right and the chalks on my left. Could notice the tractiondifference immediately. Weird??

Upon further insepction - the midsoles are NOT the same. Same cushioning (double stack with full length) but the midsole is cut lower throughout the entireshoe - by a 1/4 of an inch. Which may explain why the cushioning feel is better, and the traction is better. The shoe is lower to the ground than the mids

so which is it? double stacked or single? i think we need a dissection lol. good review, mt3130.

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

so which is it? double stacked or single? i think we need a dissection lol. good review, mt3130.

I agree. After that BS Nike pulled with BB2 lows, I would need to see a dissection before I can trust in them again.

DISGUST
sick.gif

IMO the lows do NOT have full length Zoom or even double stack, I only feel a heel unit in mine. Almost made me pass but the CW was too fresh!
The mids are 2x as comfy, but these still kill the AF1's in comfort and will be my summer shoe of choice.

Hmm, I'm on the fence about them. I think they look awesome in the white/blue colorway, but I'm wondering about the cushioning. I'm probably justbeing nitpicky and should pick them up regardless. True to size?

Yes, true to size, and tight lock in under the strap. The cushioning is still very good just not as good as the mids. I'm looking to get as many of thelows as possible!

The Zoom LeBron 6 Low has definitely the ZoomX2 at the heel.

Back
Top Bottom