Zoom Power revisited; it's been 6 years...

Mister Meaner

formerly super producer j
nike-zoom-lebron-6-zoom-power-bwr-4-09.jpg

nike-zoom-lebron-6-zoom-power-bwr-4-20.jpg

And this design STILL is oh so cold. Would've been top 3 in the entire line, thus far.

However, I don't recall seeing the reason why it was scrapped as the VI. And furthermore, the reasoning behind why it never got a chance to hit the public under a different moniker.

With LeBron's brand at an all time high, seemingly rising every year (although KD is coming for that top spot), the swoosh could easily cash in on the Zoom Power today, charging whatever premium price they deem appropriate :rolleyes. Just wouldn't wanna see any fu-fu colorways. K.I.S.S.

6 years later, the only thing dated about this shoe is the L23 logo.

Imo, this would have beaten the VII as the "AJ 11" of the LeBron line.

I'm sure this shoe has been discussed in other LBJ threads, but my search only saw a dedicated thread from '09. Also borrowed the last pic from an NTer.

So does anyone know why this happened to the shoe? If I'm just late to the party, excuse my ignorance.

I was just thinking about this shoe recently after checking out the 12s  in person. Really disappointed that these never released. They rank up right there with the 2 as my favorite lebron design. But the story about them being scrapped is still unknown to me. I remember the move being made really late in the production process. So late that they were in Eastbay mags as the 6? Correct me if i'm wrong here. 

I have a GS sample I've been trying to get rid of for years. I wish it was Men's. These were amazing and still are. Only flaw was the placement of the L23 and the swoosh on both shoes.

I remember these. Wanted them bad.

I remember seeing a pair at Hagerstown outlet in a 3y I think. Someone else scooped them after I posted on nt. I should have copped just to have for the collection or for babyj505 whom I didn't have yet. :smh:

Ya I definitely think this is easily the best looking model to never release :smokin

I remember when they first surfaced and everyone thought they were new brons (albeit well justified)

That Blk/Wht/Red colorway so so nice :pimp:

Last edited:
If i remember correctly these had Double stack zoom...would've been dope on the court.

Double stack ZOOM, you say?! That just makes this entire debacle even worse. Although, I think the replacement VI has the double stack too.

Oddly enough, before learning it was double stack, these reminded me of the AJ 18 in the midsole area.

Back
Top Bottom