Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

IMG_6564.jpeg

Wow lol

**** be hidden in plain sight

The disdain for the boy here is crazy lol. But imo Drake has been top dog (no pun intended) since 09. I heard So Far Gone and been locked in ever since. Kanye was my favorite rapper before then. Graduation was the soundtrack to my 7th grade year. But when I hear rappers these days I just hear sons of Drake. His influence is undeniable in this generation

his influence rap wise was big in the mid 2010’s but the only people who stuck around were tory and jack harlow nobody really tries to rap like him anymore and the toronto type **** outdated

his influence rap wise was big in the mid 2010’s but the only people who stuck around were tory and jack harlow nobody really tries to rap like him anymore and the toronto type **** outdated
Yes it’s hard to have an influence or copy cats when you don’t have a style…Drake been the one hopping on waves and trying to be like other folks the past couple years :lol:

Will he be able to bounce back from this? He’s the laughing stock of the entire internet 🤣
Just like with Push, there’s not enough overlap in the music for this to hurt his sales.

Drake wants to be taken seriously as a rapper but he’s never rapped start to finish on any project. He doesn’t want to do that, his fans don’t want him to do that :lol:

Some rnb here, afrobeats there, mob talk here, emo raps over there, strip club songs somewhere.

So maybe even less raps going forward but that’s it. Next project is still going “platinum”

To be fair all the 09, 2010 guys are all washed though. Obviously Drake dont got the same pull as he used to even with me, but the fact he had a run this long is impressive. Given the peers he came in the game with. Most of those guys got washed out once the 2016 soundcloud wave came in. He's the rap games lebron. Outstanding commercial longevity and the most polarizing figure in the game. You either love him or hate him.

He's definitely has worn out his welcome. Idk man, the similarities to Lebron are striking. I feel like the general consensus are tired of both of them in their respective fields. Take me back to 2013 when they were both on top smh. But Drake is even more trouble because this is not sports obviously. Streams may start to dwindle a little bit

Back
Top Bottom