Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Money and flexing will always be an element within Hip Hop, but Kendrick is teaching the next generation there’s value in living by codes, staying true, actually perfecting the craft, and not being a complete dog with women. That’s a W within itself.

I love this, hope it catches on. need more kids to go back and check out this man catalog.

I love this, hope it catches on. need more kids to go back and check out this man catalog.

Man I went back and listened to OD for the first time in hella years yesterday… absolutely incredible music that still holds up today.

Ignorance is Bliss & Cut You Off specifically are out of this world, but growing apart, hoc & average Joe still go too.

Lebron is a full black self-made billionaire who is the GOAT who came from poverty and has earned everything he has. He is an excellent father and figure for the black community.

Zero correlation at all. Comparing him with that colonizer is INSANE.
Even THEY wouldn't dare such a comparison :smh:

I'm sorry but she's garbage. We gotta reject some of this stuff. Her image, her music, everything surrounding her is trashy. It's almost like she not even a real female, it's like a disrespectful exaggerated parody of a black women.

That IG story you posted, what grown women does that?

All these new female rappers are sexualizing themselves but that one is something else. It's uncomfortable to me.
Sexy red the first time I ever felt like a hatin *** old head and made me think damn my parents was right we a lost generation
I’m generally all for and still all for people being their authentic selves and others need to be less judgmental and and extend some grace….but she is where I draw my line it’s too much so much so it doesn’t feel authentic and completely played up the **** is embarrassing. Anytime I see some **** she says or does all I think is this

IMG_2002.jpeg

Let me put on my stretch Armstrong suit for this reach but:

I don’t remember the specific line but Kendrick said something about being at the embassy and being exploited. It seems like Sexxy Red was next to Drake a lot more after that tape of her was leaked. What if he leaked it for the leverage on her.

This sounds like the Drake mentality in a nutshell.
So you trying to tell me, if Drake offered your boy an exuberant amount of money(please believe thats whats about to happen) to do you feature, you're going to tell him not to do it?

THAT'S some Drake ****!

Is that what happened? I just remember opening my music app and seeing new Kendrick. In terms of discographies, his holds up way better than most of his contemporaries.
https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/20...drick-lamar-untitled-unmastered-twitter-album

I mean it did officially release about a week after LeBron's tweet. It was probably in the works before that.

EDIT: The ESPN story is a little more detailed: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/14902141/kendrick-lamar-releases-new-album-lebron-james-request

Last edited:
Let me put on my stretch Armstrong suit for this reach but:

I don’t remember the specific line but Kendrick said something about being at the embassy and being exploited. It seems like Sexxy Red was next to Drake a lot more after that tape of her was leaked. What if he leaked it for the leverage on her.
Nah it aint that deep. It's just a mutually beneficial relationship. Strategic on Drake's part, ignorance on Sexy Reds.

Man I went back and listened to OD for the first time in hella years yesterday… absolutely incredible music that still holds up today.

Ignorance is Bliss & Cut You Off specifically are out of this world, but growing apart, hoc & average Joe still go too.

all facts. it’s crazy the beginning and later stage of his career are getting better to me as I get older

Back
Top Bottom