NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Nike Retro › Black "Stealth" Foamposite ones!!! December 14th, 2012 - A FRIDAY!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Black "Stealth" Foamposite ones!!! December 14th, 2012 - A FRIDAY!!!! - Page 133

post #3961 of 5076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1978 View Post

I wasn't referring to that. I was saying this.

yea man i wasnt referring to you either, i was referring to rYbOsOmE when I said that.
post #3962 of 5076
That snow pic nthat.gifnthat.gif

Using them for what they're built for... An all black Foam is the perfect winter shoe.
post #3963 of 5076
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23 View Post

That snow pic nthat.gifnthat.gif
Using them for what they're built for... An all black Foam is the perfect winter shoe.

the clear sole not so much though. the anthracites are better built for that with their all black sole. no concerns about yellowing. that gets on my nerves more than anything else, but that's what seaglow is for i guess...
post #3964 of 5076

Since this is the most active Foams thread.

 

Pink foams SZ9 up.

 

http://www.citygear.com/Nike-Pink-Foamposite.html

 

BUYING DS CAV IV'S SZ 9.5

Reply

 

BUYING DS CAV IV'S SZ 9.5

Reply
post #3965 of 5076
Actually I had the OG royals, and the OG Pro's. This is my third pair of foams, my first retro. I would never wear clear (or remotely clear) soles in the snow. Why speed up the yellowing process. I also wouldn't wear my $220 shoes in the rain. But to each his/her own. I'm 30 years old with a wife and a house. I don't buy multiple pairs of 1 shoe, so I like to protect the ones I do have.
.
Reply
.
Reply
post #3966 of 5076

i still can't find a pair. last foam that i want.

2014 Cop List: Concord 11 Low [  ] Carmine 6 [  ] Black Infrared 6 (x2) [  ] Columbia 11 (x2) [  ] Tiffany Dunk Hi [√] LeBron 2k14 [√]
Reply
2014 Cop List: Concord 11 Low [  ] Carmine 6 [  ] Black Infrared 6 (x2) [  ] Columbia 11 (x2) [  ] Tiffany Dunk Hi [√] LeBron 2k14 [√]
Reply
post #3967 of 5076
Unds mine this morning. Little wet outside no biggie.

post #3968 of 5076

Rondo is rockin' them right now against the Clippers.

For Sale: Brand New Deadstock Kobe 8 Purple fades size 10 $180

Reply

For Sale: Brand New Deadstock Kobe 8 Purple fades size 10 $180

Reply
post #3969 of 5076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson View Post

Since this is the most active Foams thread.

Pink foams SZ9 up.

http://www.citygear.com/Nike-Pink-Foamposite.html

where is this place located ?
post #3970 of 5076
Quote:
Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep View Post


where is this place located ?

No idea, somewhere in the states Memphis and NY?  

 

Just my random guess.

 

BUYING DS CAV IV'S SZ 9.5

Reply

 

BUYING DS CAV IV'S SZ 9.5

Reply
post #3971 of 5076
Quote:
Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep View Post


where is this place located ?

 


MEMPHIS TN

post #3972 of 5076

i just saw they have a full size run with the jades too...dumb me, still missing my stealths ohwell.gif

post #3973 of 5076

I love all the pics of these in the snow! Whenever it's raining down here. Which is usually a lot! I only rock my foams. Things are like tanks!

DS NIKE AIR JORDAN RETRO 1 OG BARON SZ 13 WILL TRADE FOR DS SZ 14

 

Just call me PAPI.....

Reply

DS NIKE AIR JORDAN RETRO 1 OG BARON SZ 13 WILL TRADE FOR DS SZ 14

 

Just call me PAPI.....

Reply
post #3974 of 5076

Rain is preference thing but i've never understood wearing sneakers in the snow, icy sidewalks and driveways are a recipe for disaster.

"Males shouldn't be jealous that's a female trait"
Reply
"Males shouldn't be jealous that's a female trait"
Reply
post #3975 of 5076
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHatesneakers View Post

I'll post pics after I get around to cleaning it. 
Just looked at my soles n they did yellow some.
Welp.... On to gum sole stealths
post #3976 of 5076

very dope shoe in person I'm happy I manage to get through on Nike.com 

post #3977 of 5076
Quote:
Originally Posted by egaroc1 View Post


Just looked at my soles n they did yellow some.
Welp.... On to gum sole stealths

They yellowed after one wear?

.
Reply
.
Reply
post #3978 of 5076
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRO3000 View Post

pffft......Foams are the best winter sneakers lol
this man knows! It doesn't snow down here in FL but my lone pair of pros is one of my go-to shoes when it's raining
post #3979 of 5076
Quote:
Originally Posted by rYbOsOmE View Post

They yellowed after one wear?

 

youll be alright kid.

post #3980 of 5076
Quote:
Originally Posted by got2havemykicks View Post

 

youll be alright kid.

mean.giflittle to old to be a kid, and this isn't my first pair of foams.  I was just surprised that someone said they yellowed so fast.  

.
Reply
.
Reply
post #3981 of 5076
Quote:
Originally Posted by rYbOsOmE View Post

mean.giflittle to old to be a kid, and this isn't my first pair of foams.  I was just surprised that someone said they yellowed so fast.  

 

im sorry senior citizen..

post #3982 of 5076
Quote:
Originally Posted by rYbOsOmE View Post

Actually I had the OG royals, and the OG Pro's. This is my third pair of foams, my first retro. I would never wear clear (or remotely clear) soles in the snow. Why speed up the yellowing process. I also wouldn't wear my $220 shoes in the rain. But to each his/her own. I'm 30 years old with a wife and a house. I don't buy multiple pairs of 1 shoe, so I like to protect the ones I do have.

The shoes are just rubber and leather, and the snow is just water. People need to settle down, acting scared to give normal wear to mass-produced easily replaceable sneakers.

One of the hallmarks of the foam is their durability. Being afraid to wear them in the elements is absurd - people might as well be saying they're afraid to wear a North Face in bad weather.

The only reason a $200+ pair of plain black sneakers even makes is sense as an alternative to a boot in bad weather.
post #3983 of 5076
Quote:
Originally Posted by egaroc1 View Post

Just looked at my soles n they did yellow some.
Welp.... On to gum sole stealths

Quote:
Originally Posted by rYbOsOmE View Post

They yellowed after one wear?

In all fairness I wore them thru muddy gravel n mud n also pushed my truck while in neutral (long story) but they did yellow some already.
I could really care less tho.

Ima Rockem til the wheels fall off.
post #3984 of 5076
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIP Roberts View Post

The shoes are just rubber and leather, and the snow is just water. People need to settle down, acting scared to give normal wear to mass-produced easily replaceable sneakers.

ohwell.gif not exactly when it comes to the stealth foams. and definitely for no where near retail.

it's not that novel an idea that some people like to wear their shoes, but also avoid wearing them in conditions that would turn them into beaters faster (i.e rain, snow, mud, hiking, construction work, etc).
post #3985 of 5076
I applaud those who wear them in rain and snow, y'all are better than me. At the end of the day, they spent their money, so they can rock em how they see fit. Some don't care if they yellow.
Twitter & Instagram: @CleanestNdaCity
Reply
Twitter & Instagram: @CleanestNdaCity
Reply
post #3986 of 5076
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeezyB View Post

ohwell.gif not exactly when it comes to the stealth foams. and definitely for no where near retail.
it's not that novel an idea that some people like to wear their shoes, but also avoid wearing them in conditions that would turn them into beaters faster (i.e rain, snow, mud, hiking, construction work, etc).

Nope.

Exactly.

Nike made tens of thousands of pairs, and half the people who bought them don't even wear them. You may have to pay a bit above box to get them, but they are ubiquitous. There's nothing to protect - these are glorified goon kicks.
post #3987 of 5076
We're all different and just need to accept we"ll wear our shoes differently.
I've got some shoes that are 5-6 yrs old that I wear but the look ds whereas I see a lot of guys in shoes that came out last week but look like they've walked through a muddy field in them.

I'm from Chicago and we tend to have harsh winters so outside of work out shoes, I don't wear anything but Tim's and Acg boots from Nov-Mar.
"Males shouldn't be jealous that's a female trait"
Reply
"Males shouldn't be jealous that's a female trait"
Reply
post #3988 of 5076

Wore them today, surprisingly caught a few people at the mall breaking their necks and at the gas station someone offered to buy them off my feet nthat.gif.

post #3989 of 5076
Quote:
Originally Posted by got2havemykicks View Post

 

im sorry senior citizen..

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIP Roberts View Post


The shoes are just rubber and leather, and the snow is just water. People need to settle down, acting scared to give normal wear to mass-produced easily replaceable sneakers.
One of the hallmarks of the foam is their durability. Being afraid to wear them in the elements is absurd - people might as well be saying they're afraid to wear a North Face in bad weather.
The only reason a $200+ pair of plain black sneakers even makes is sense as an alternative to a boot in bad weather.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by egaroc1 View Post


In all fairness I wore them thru muddy gravel n mud n also pushed my truck while in neutral (long story) but they did yellow some already.
I could really care less tho.
Ima Rockem til the wheels fall off.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHatesneakers View Post

Wore them today, surprisingly caught a few people at the mall breaking their necks and at the gas station someone offered to buy them off my feet nthat.gif.

If I was a senior citizen I would be wearing orthopedic shoes not Foams.  Foams are very durable... the clear soles on the foams however are not.  I always thought the purpose of a beater is having shoes you don't care about getting messed up.  But again, to each his/her own. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  Personally for $220, I'd rather wear Timberlands, or my Air Zoom Flight Premium's that I got at Nike Outlet for $35.  In terms of them being "mass produced" funny I hadn't noticed.  Maybe you know something I don't, but I don't believe these were mass produced, and they aren't exactly easy to come by... well not for retail anyway.

.
Reply
.
Reply
post #3990 of 5076

Rocked mine at the mall today for the first time.  Broke a couple necks, and talked to a few sneaker heads.  I was feeling good until I saw a guy with the Galaxy Rookies standing next to a guy wearing the Galaxy Ones.  Stole my thunder tongue.gif

 

1000

.
Reply
.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Nike Retro
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Nike Retro › Black "Stealth" Foamposite ones!!! December 14th, 2012 - A FRIDAY!!!!