NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - Russell Westbrook breaks the record, All hail the Brodie
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - Russell Westbrook breaks the record, All hail the Brodie - Page 122

Poll Results: Who is the MVP?

 
  • 44% (120)
    Russell Westbrook
  • 18% (49)
    Kawhi Leonard
  • 25% (70)
    James Harden
  • 8% (24)
    Lebron James
  • 2% (8)
    Kevin Durant
271 Total Votes  
post #3631 of 76381

If Cavs lost TT, Delly and Frye for KD... Not sure they'd lose much sleep but it does make for some interesting basketball 

"WHO WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA" ~ Gil Scott

Reply

"WHO WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA" ~ Gil Scott

Reply
post #3632 of 76381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers View Post

RJ Hunter got cut.

Do it Ason Kidd

Figured he would. Another asset down the tubes
post #3633 of 76381
I actually think even if the Warriors had not blown the 3-1 lead, they would trade Bogut. Reading the tea leaves, it sounds like the Warriors were unhappy with his availability and effort night to night.
post #3634 of 76381
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersman3000 View Post

Bogut only one that mattered. They didn't lose a starting. Sf. They gained a top 3 player in the l at the same position.

It would be the same if Cavs lost Jr and tt but gained ad.

Speights and Barbosa. Not. A big loss at all. .. You way off rawdawg34...

respect, although i'd disagree, IMO bogut is enough in itself. if they kept him, i'd have no issues
http://www.skyefit.com/
http://bucketsacademy.com

LA Clippers/USC Trojans/SD Chargers/LA Angels
Reply
http://www.skyefit.com/
http://bucketsacademy.com

LA Clippers/USC Trojans/SD Chargers/LA Angels
Reply
post #3635 of 76381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers View Post

RJ Hunter got cut.

Do it Ason Kidd


He 6'8 right?


He'll be signed within a week.
post #3636 of 76381
Still think it's real cool by the league that they moved up the start time for tomorrow
O-H-I-O

CAVALIERS - INDIANS - BROWNS - BUCKEYES
Reply
O-H-I-O

CAVALIERS - INDIANS - BROWNS - BUCKEYES
Reply
post #3637 of 76381
Quote:
Originally Posted by awwsome View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers View Post

RJ Hunter got cut.

Do it Ason Kidd


He 6'8 right?


He'll be signed within a week.
6'5ish I think.
post #3638 of 76381
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMatic View Post

I actually think even if the Warriors had not blown the 3-1 lead, they would trade Bogut. Reading the tea leaves, it sounds like the Warriors were unhappy with his availability and effort night to night.

Just too much injuries on that huge frame.

I always wonder what if with Bogut if he never got hurt in MIL.
post #3639 of 76381
14 draft picks since 2014

1 rotation player to date

AINGE%2BHOARDER.jpg
post #3640 of 76381
Today's RJ Hunter's birthday too. OOF.
post #3641 of 76381
Quote:
Originally Posted by leemelone View Post

14 draft picks since 2014

1 rotation player to date

AINGE%2BHOARDER.jpg

It'll all be worth it when they land a top 3 pick this summer
post #3642 of 76381
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinallyFamous View Post

Still think it's real cool by the league that they moved up the start time for tomorrow


Yup, they knew we needed it. laugh.gif
post #3643 of 76381
I think the Warriors will be just fine as far as depth goes. Ian clarke, Mccaw, Mcadoo will all get increased time Along with Zaza/Javale/ West holding down the 5 spot. People are forgetting that with Klay/ Steph/KD one of those three will be playing major minutes with the second unit. You add in Iggy & Livingston to whichever of the three you want and your talking crazy mismatches.

Also defensively & rebounding KD brings much more to the table than Barnes & i think will trend up more considering his workload will ease due to GS offense.
post #3644 of 76381
Quote:
Originally Posted by leemelone View Post

14 draft picks since 2014

1 rotation player to date

AINGE%2BHOARDER.jpg



SbnrsshwfqhaggqafdkkddjbhGggh.


Ainge flew too close to the sun.

He started shafting everybody so nobody wanted to help him.

Word is GM's basically conspired to not deal with him on his terms anymore.
post #3645 of 76381
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMatic View Post

Today's RJ Hunter's birthday too. OOF.


Mormons don't give a **** b.
post #3646 of 76381
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyisny View Post

I think the Warriors will be just fine as far as depth goes. Ian clarke, Mccaw, Mcadoo will all get increased time Along with Zaza/Javale/ West holding down the 5 spot. People are forgetting that with Klay/ Steph/KD one of those three will be playing major minutes with the second unit. You add in Iggy & Livingston to whichever of the three you want and your talking crazy mismatches.

Also defensively & rebounding KD brings much more to the table than Barnes & i think will trend up more considering his workload will ease due to GS offense.

they'll be beating teams so bad on most nights, it won't matter. hopefully, guys show up if needed come playoff time.

all about the finals and how kerr makes in game adjustments
post #3647 of 76381
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan14 View Post

they'll be beating teams so bad on most nights, it won't matter. hopefully, guys show up if needed come playoff time.

all about the finals and how kerr makes in game adjustments


Those blowouts will be great for Clarke, McCaw and McAdoo because they going to get a ton of reps for the playoffs.


Kerr and Draymond are BY FAR the biggest pieces of the puzzle to me.

Kerr coached like garbage in the playoffs and was thoroughly outcoached by both Billy Donovan and Tyronn Lue who were both in their first years.

That Kumbaya Kerr **** is done, I'm interested to see how he coaches this team.


Draymond's unpredictability/energy has been his greatest asset and detriment.

The playoff run into the summer is evident of that, he's the one that could sink this ship if he ends up not being able to fit into this new version of the team.


Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if things go south and he gets traded.
post #3648 of 76381
Quote:
Originally Posted by awwsome View Post

SbnrsshwfqhaggqafdkkddjbhGggh.


Ainge flew too close to the sun.

He started shafting everybody so nobody wanted to help him.

Word is GM's basically conspired to not deal with him on his terms anymore.

Yup. I just never thought late draft picks held much value anyway. Now he's got 4 more picks next draft and at least 2 stash players to worry about from this past draft. Arrested development out the anus. They need to just let Jaylen flourish, I actually like the kid and wouldn't have been mad if the Lakers took him had they landed at 3. Now he has to fight for minutes with crowder, young and green who they signed for some bizarre reason. I would've changed my tune had they traded for nerlens but they seem hell bent on cashing out Gordon Hayward.
post #3649 of 76381
Quote:
Originally Posted by awwsome View Post

SbnrsshwfqhaggqafdkkddjbhGggh.


Ainge flew too close to the sun.

He started shafting everybody so nobody wanted to help him.

Word is GM's basically conspired to not deal with him on his terms anymore.

:D

post #3650 of 76381
^

i think klay/dray are willing to sacrifice for the team and everything will be smooth on most nights cause they still getting that W. it'll be interesting once if/when they get tested in the final. will guys trust one another or take it upon themselves. either way, great problem to have.

think the bond they formed being on team usa was great for them.
post #3651 of 76381
Thunder should cut Mcgary and sign hunter he's worth a flier
post #3652 of 76381
I think there's an assumption that since the Warriors were the best offensive team in the league last year- that they possibly can't improve THAT much. What are the limits of an offense? This team is gonna be a good test for that. They should be getting a ton of open 3s from ELITE shooters and easy layups from great finishers. With KD carrying the 2nd unit, they should be a lot better when the big guns are on the bench.

KD brings rim protection and rebounding to the small lineup too. SMH.
post #3653 of 76381
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrand15 View Post

I think there's an assumption that since the Warriors were the best offensive team in the league last year- that they possibly can't improve THAT much. What are the limits of an offense? This team is gonna be a good test for that. They should be getting a ton of open 3s from ELITE shooters and easy layups from great finishers. With KD carrying the 2nd unit, they should be a lot better when the big guns are on the bench.

KD brings rim protection and rebounding to the small lineup too. SMH.
The Rockets will be testing the limits themselves:
Quote:
@tomhaberstroh The Rockets averaged an insane 118.6 points per game in the preseason. No team has been higher than 113 since tracking began in 2010-11.
post #3654 of 76381
Offense >>> defense

pimp.gif
post #3655 of 76381
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by akajaedeuce View Post
 
uncle_swaggy.jpg

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze View Post

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze View Post

Ahhh those were the days..

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by akajaedeuce View Post

draymond_stare.jpg

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-friend View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK View Post



Good for him. Anyone who delved into the full details instead of making snapshot judgments could see this for what it was.

**** these ho's. Take that L mama.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-friend View Post
 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by akajaedeuce View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big J 33 View Post


The NBA Season Thread's 1st Contest
- I plan on running contests and raffles throughout this NBA season for our "beloved" members in the thread. I'm open to suggestions throughout the season, and there will be random raffles each month.
- First up, we're going to do a MS Paint contest. Submit your best/worst efforts on anything NBA related from this past season or upcoming season. Want to draw D'Angelo snitching on teammates? Go for it. Lebron with the chase down block? Yup. Dwight Howard finding new baby mama's in a new city? Sounds good. Whatever you want, post it in the thread and we can all take a vote on which one we like best. Winner and runner-ups will get a prize for their efforts.

I'll take submissions until the end of the week or until they stop coming in.

Let's see what we got.

Edit: Because of work, I know I won't be as active on a daily basis, so this will make up for that laugh.gif

JJ_niketalk.jpg

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by erupt107th View Post

@Big J 33 doesn't wanna let me be great mean.gif I was the first to submit one laugh.gif


 
Quote:
Originally Posted by erupt107th View Post

Got too lazy and it's lunch time now laugh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by erupt107th View Post


Also, Freeze should be disqualified for recycling jawns from the old MS Paint thread a few years ago laugh.gif mean.gif
 

 

I think this was all of the submissions, let me know if I missed any and we can vote on them today/tonight.


Edited by Big J 33 - 10/24/16 at 10:22am
post #3656 of 76381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers View Post

Offense >>> defense

pimp.gif
teams never win chips without a balance. End of the day you gotta be able to get stops.
post #3657 of 76381
post #3658 of 76381
@Big J 33 doesn't wanna let me be great mean.gif I was the first to submit one laugh.gif



Quote:
Originally Posted by erupt107th View Post

Got too lazy and it's lunch time now laugh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by erupt107th View Post


Also, Freeze should be disqualified for recycling jawns from the old MS Paint thread a few years ago laugh.gifmean.gif
post #3659 of 76381
Lance made the Pelicans roster smokin.gif

Born ready redemption tour coming
post #3660 of 76381
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

Damn... mean.gif

Glad she's alright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers View Post

RJ Hunter got cut.

Do it Bulls

**** this team!

Reply

**** this team!

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - Russell Westbrook breaks the record, All hail the Brodie